SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2011   #1
Spongecar
WishI had a better internet
 
Spongecar's Avatar
Default Favourite Metroid Game & Favourite Megaman Game

Just 2 questions for the world. What game in the Metroid series is your favourite & which game in the Megaman series is your favourite?

EDIT: My favourites:
Metroid:
Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)

Megaman:
Megaman 1 (NES/Genesis)
__________________
GENESIS does, what NINTENDON'T!

Knuxfan24 at your service!

Last edited by Spongecar; 02-07-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Spongecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #2
Chaos Knux
Daww, a mother and her foal
 
Chaos Knux's Avatar
Default

Why am I getting clairvoyant visions of this thread being locked for lack-of-content? Anyway.

Metroid
Normal: Zero Mission
Prime: Prime 1, version 1.1

Mega Man
Classic: 6
X: 5
Zero: 3
ZX: ZX
Legends: 1
BN: 3; Blue
SF: Never played any.
__________________
Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waíse sköliro fra rauthr.
My Friend Codes
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves; Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
SUPER NARWHAL, MY MUFFIN!

Last edited by Chaos Knux; 02-09-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Chaos Knux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #3
Sky The Destroyer
 
Sky The Destroyer's Avatar
Default

Megaman
Classic: None
X: 3 (I only have up to X3, so I can't say anything beyond that)
Zero: 3
ZX: ZX
Legends: None
Battle Network: 6 - Falzar
StarForce: 3 - Black Ace

Metroid
Never played the series, except maybe for one game, which I don't remember.
__________________
<SkyTheDestroyer> Why does the Master Server delist my server once it hits 32/32?
<SpiritCrusher> Your server has attained GOD STATUS
<SpiritCrusher> The MS can't display it anymore
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #4
Bigboi
Default

3 for both. Any other answer is wrong, including if you say Mega Man 2.

Especially if you say Mega Man 2.
Bigboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #5
Autosaver
 
Autosaver's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboi View Post
3 for both. Any other answer is wrong, including if you say Mega Man 2.

Especially if you say Mega Man 2.
I played and beat both.
I prefer Megaman 2 due to the easier and less punishing difficulty.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #6
Azure
 
Azure's Avatar
Default

Metroid Prime 1(Wii Version)for some reason.
I really don't play Megaman. =/
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #7
BlueZero4
 
BlueZero4's Avatar
Default

I haven't played the Megaman series extensively (I am such a hypocrite right now), but Megaman Zero 4 was my favorite game ever for a year or two. Zero was such a beast in that game. ZX Advent didn't replace Zero 4, but ZXA's extreme difficulty was amazing when I was in the mood for it.
__________________
scr_bz4pack.wad

Last edited by BlueZero4; 02-07-2011 at 05:19 AM. Reason: aah typos
BlueZero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #8
Metal-Rawr
Friendly lurker, I promise.
 
Metal-Rawr's Avatar
Default

Megaman Zero 4 was hard for you? For some reason, its the only game in the series I didn't use the Shift+ F1~10 buttons every second to avoid traps of such. I find Megaman Zero 3 and 1 harder.
My favorite game of Megaman would probably be Megaman X 3, as it's my first video game ever. Even though I just replayed it a while back and checked that its credits are 5 more years older than the time I first played it, or something like that...
__________________
Always remember to have fun
3DS FC: 0989 1765 4380
Please let me know if you add me ^_^
Metal-Rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #9
BlueZero4
 
BlueZero4's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-Rawr View Post
Megaman Zero 4 was hard for you?
Sorry, wasn't terribly clear. ZXA was hard, not Zero 4. I've gone back and edited my post above for clarity, if it helps.
__________________
scr_bz4pack.wad
BlueZero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #10
Colson
lyra x bonbno is esbt shop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-Rawr View Post
Megaman Zero 4 was hard for you? For some reason, its the only game in the series I didn't use the Shift+ F1~10 buttons every second to avoid traps of such. I find Megaman Zero 3 and 1 harder.
My favorite game of Megaman would probably be Megaman X 3, as it's my first video game ever. Even though I just replayed it a while back and checked that its credits are 5 more years older than the time I first played it, or something like that...
Zero 4 would've been much harder if you weren't using an emulator, trust me. :P

Favorite Metroid? I'll have to say Prime.

As for Mega Man, I'll say Mega Man X. The original.
__________________
Add me on PSN!
ID: ThatHeadcrabGuy
Send me a PM if you add me.
Colson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #11
MechaS3K
NEVAR FORGET
 
MechaS3K's Avatar
Default

Mega Man

MM8BDM.


If it has to be an official game, then 10. I've only played it and 2 to completion, and I'm still amazed that it was put on Game Informer's top 200 games for it's "polished vulnerability cycle".

Metroid

Prime 1. The second game was a tad meh, and the only other game I've finished(Zero Mission) seemed too short and easy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisuun View Post
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the manliest show ever made.
DECORATE is the language of people who don't know how to program.
MechaS3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #12
TrueTenguMan
Been working. . .
 
TrueTenguMan's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-Rawr View Post
I find Megaman Zero 3 and 1 harder.
I'll agree with MMZ 1 to some extent, but Megaman Zero 3? Difficulty? No such thing. Well... not as difficult as most people make it out to be. Though Blazin' Flizard's stage was a pain in the ass whether it be a normal or a speed run.

Anyway...

Mega Man 3 as my favorite ((I would also say MM 5 but "Haters gonna hate"))

And Metroid Fusion as my favorite metriod game for now.
__________________
Friendly neighborhood robot master of the SRB2 community. Been here since 2008 man. . .
==================================
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300
2.1 will be released when Mystic's beard grows back.
TrueTenguMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #13
Fyrus
Default

Metroid would be an easy tie between Prime 1 (Wii revisions preferred) and Metroid Fusion. As for Megaman, Megaman X has essentially embedded itself in my memory due to it being one of the first ever games I played. It wasn't exactly difficult, but it was fun. Also, ZX Advent? Difficult? Really. The ZX games are currently the two easiest I've played.
__________________
dead
Fyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #14
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Mega Man 5 and Super Metroid.

I actually don't really play Metroid games, but Super Metroid is one of the few available to me right now, and I like it.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #15
Chaos Zero 64
 
Chaos Zero 64's Avatar
Default

The only Megaman game I played was the PSP remake of the first game. It was ok, but I didn't get too much into it.

My favorite Metroid game is Zero Mission. I played it on the Wii's VBA emulator, and ended up buying a GBA SP so I could play it anywhere. Second game is Prime 1. Prime 2 and 3 weren't that great, but maybe it's because playing and reading its walkthrough really does feel like you're being told what to do. Prime Hunters is also fun, but still not as great as Zero Mission.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboi View Post
Personally, if SEGA makes a nice sum of cash, they're doing their job well. They don't need to appeal to hordes of manchildren that are pissed that some kid games aren't fun to play.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.
Chaos Zero 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #16
Bigboi
Default

I'm surprised anybody said MM5. It's regarded as one of the weaker classic games. Nice to see MM6 get recognition, though. It's one of the more underrated Mega Man games.
Bigboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #17
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboi View Post
I'm surprised anybody said MM5. It's regarded as one of the weaker classic games.
Honestly, I've never quite understood why. The music and visuals are great, the levels, bosses, and gimmicks are varied and fun up until the castle stages (and even those aren't terrible per se, they're just not as interesting). And unlike Mega Man 2, it doesn't have any infuriating difficulty spikes. I agree with Mega Man 6 though, I think it just didn't take off due to how late into the NES it was released.

To each their own I guess. Although if you ask me, all of the classic Mega Man games have some shining qualities of their own. Except 4. I fucking hate 4.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #18
Chaos Knux
Daww, a mother and her foal
 
Chaos Knux's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboi View Post
Nice to see MM6 get recognition, though. It's one of the more underrated Mega Man games.
Inorite? MM6 was the first video game I ever played. It shall always have a place in my heart as the one that started it all for me. Secret boss rooms in 4 stages, divergent paths, and Megaman in a jetpack and boxing gloves. What isn't to be loved?

Super Metroid is the pinnacle of the 2D Metroid experience. It was the one to install the map, has the most moves, has HIDDEN SECRET SKILLS only dedicated experimenters (and lazy GFAQSers) could figure out, and you fight Ridley TWICE!

I chose Prime 1 V1.1 as superior to the other 3 Prime games (yes there were 3 others, not 2, weird huh?) because as follows:
  1. Hunters has little to no impact on the overlaying story arc... and sucks donkey boner.
  2. Echoes has a tendency to turn you around after fighting a geemer wannabe with it's backgrounds. About the closest to diverse backgrounds is Agon Wastes when you reach the Pirates' Tactical Base.
  3. Corruption loses out for one reason, and one reason only. Metroid Fusion Syndrome. [allcaps]NO SEQUENCE BREAKS OF ANY VIABLE AMOUNT IN A METROID GAME?! ARRRRRRGH!!!![/allcaps]
And I chose v1.1 over v1.0, v1.2, and Player's Choice for only one reason: Most sequence breaks still worked (vs 1.2/PC), and the elevator doesn't enter an eternal loop ever(vs1.0).
__________________
Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waíse sköliro fra rauthr.
My Friend Codes
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves; Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
SUPER NARWHAL, MY MUFFIN!

Last edited by Chaos Knux; 02-09-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Chaos Knux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #19
nightmare cenz
idyrgfekjrgfelkrbf
 
nightmare cenz's Avatar
Default

Metroid Zero Mission and Megaman X5 (MM6 in the classic series (Let's just say because of Mr. X(Du Dudu dudu dudu dudududuuu duuuu duuuu)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboi View Post
Nice to see MM6 get recognition, though. It's one of the more underrated Mega Man games.
Indeed, that is sad though... Megaman 6 had awesome music, boss designs and graphics (for its time). Its a shame some people say MM6 sucks because they like MM2 or MM3.
__________________
Starlight Palace Zone in 0'57''54 as Sonic
Sonic 1 Playthrough done by me, Check it out!
-------------------------------

Recycler Sucks!

Last edited by nightmare cenz; 02-09-2011 at 02:45 PM.
nightmare cenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #20
TrueTenguMan
Been working. . .
 
TrueTenguMan's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare cenz View Post
Indeed, that is sad though... Megaman 6 had awesome music, boss designs and graphics (for its time). Its a shame some people say MM6 sucks because they like MM2 or MM3.
Personally I couldn't get into MM 6 as much as the others, though it's stage design and music were very memorable. ESPECIALLY Tomahawk Man's stage music :3
__________________
Friendly neighborhood robot master of the SRB2 community. Been here since 2008 man. . .
==================================
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300
2.1 will be released when Mystic's beard grows back.
TrueTenguMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favourite non-Sonic related SEGA game Tycoon Video Games 59 05-16-2013 02:05 PM
What's your favourite in-game tune? Spazzo SRB2 Discussion 120 12-03-2012 01:04 PM
Worst, best, favourite, and least favourite VG weapon/attack Naga Video Games 15 11-09-2012 12:15 AM
Favourite game bosses. empolario Video Games 60 07-12-2009 04:18 PM
What is your favourite Sonic fan game (barring SRB2) kingknux General Discussion 31 10-13-2006 01:43 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.