Help to bury a custom save in a folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using a soc so I can save with customer characters, and noticed every time I use a new save slot it makes a new file. Is there anyway I can bury the custom save in a folder so that it doesn't take up as much room?

I tried what I thought would work but didn't, anyone able to help me get this to work
MAINCFG
GameData = Save\CC_Save\customcharactersave.dat

Looks like SRB2 don't support saving a gamedata to a folder.

Try replacing the \'s with /'s in the GameData path. I don't think that it will work, but it's worth a try, and I know that there are things in other games/programs that prefer /'s over \'s in filepaths.

Try replacing the \'s with /'s in the GameData path. I don't think that it will work, but it's worth a try, and I know that there are things in other games/programs that prefer /'s over \'s in filepaths.

Didn't fix it but it does show some improvement in the error message

unknown.png

unknown.png

Yeah this isn't really so much a bug as a "missing" feature, SRB2 does not support creating folders to put gamedata files in like that. In fact this issue is purely because \ and / are not recognised as valid characters to put in the name of your custom gamedata.

The \ glitch thing is probably because backslash is used for control characters, but I'm puzzled by that myself nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back