• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Root's Riveting Roundup of Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time I made my own editing thread.
Most of the stuff I make will be random Lua experiments.

First off is this (Spoilered cause gif):
eM5i0pc.gif

I made this in GML then ported it to Lua.

It's basically a clone of TSC, the event scripting language in Cave Story but with more features. (shown in the gif)

Probably won't be used for anything, but I ported it cause why not programming is fun :P

I've also been working on improved graphics (Cards and Field Tiles) for Tripel's 100% Orange Juice mod.
dmqVdKU.png
cZwDWyB.png

It's about time I made my own editing thread.
Most of the stuff I make will be random Lua experiments.

First off is this (Spoilered cause gif):
eM5i0pc.gif

I made this in GML then ported it to Lua.

It's basically a clone of TSC, the event scripting language in Cave Story but with more features. (shown in the gif)

Probably won't be used for anything, but I ported it cause why not programming is fun :P

I've also been working on improved graphics (Cards and Field Tiles) for Tripel's 100% Orange Juice mod.
dmqVdKU.png
cZwDWyB.png

woah! that's really awesome! keep it up!

Nice, a board game? Well i guess we better start rolling dices...

Its look amazing!

The cards very detailed and the text box is very unique! I'm really want to see this in release, keep it up!

!!!!

OJ?? I'm so excited to see that. Seriously. That game is amazing. Are you going to make your own cards or are you going to re-create the ones already in the game? And what sort of stats and passives are you looking at for the characters?

- First off is this (Spoilered cause gif): -
I don't really have much of an opinion on the text box (it's definitely pretty nice, it's just that text stuff like it has been made for SRB2 lots of times already...), but what I do have to say is that what you're trying to do with that spoiler doesn't help. The .gif still loads, even if one never even opens the spoiler.

What you'll probably want to do instead is to upload the .gif to something like GfyCat (which turns big .gifs into small video files without really losing too much quality) and link to it.
That way, not only will one not load the .gif against one's will on this page, but one will also get to load it much faster as it fills less as a video. Not to mention the ability to pause it and scrub through time, which is really handy for longer .gifs.
Don't worry, it's not too bad, this is just something to keep in mind for the future.

Last edited:
2 new Lua things i'm working on:

3CLvw4G.gif

Functions to draw lines/circles/rectangles.

and..

J5leUjO.gif

Custom fonts/text drawing functions!

My plan is to release both of these in a sort of "library" script that can be easily be put into other Lua stuff.

Great to see someone extending the ground level functionality of the game like this. Fonts and lines may not be as immediately exciting as gameplay features, but this stuff is really important and impressive. Great work!

Can you only draw lines on the HUD, or could you also render a line between two points in the map?

ozhO6Rd.png

^ A sprite I made for Vs. Soniguri. Since Tripel is dumb and made his own instead, might as well post it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back