Suggestions

It's still pretty awesome!
Would the ending sequence be similar to that of Sonic 1? (where Sonic/Tails/Knuckles would run through the zone to an area, then depending on if you've got the Emeralds or not (little emerald animation + reaction) Sonic/Tails/Knuckles will do the standard freeze-pose to end the game)
I guess so. I was thinking of something along the lines of that.

Sorry if my suggestions were bad, i just thought of gameplay, not everything, that's why that was bad, although the drop dash being a mid-air X button ability being just a example, now thinking better, it's a bad one.

I also thought of making the FPS Counter have a higher frame limit, not that the current one is bad, but i think that 35 is a rather odd maximum for FPS limit,(btw that was not supposed to be a pun) so i think that making the limit be 50 FPS would be better, and also fit more with the nowadays games.I thought of holding C would be a sonic-only ability, the water running, i think that would be something helpful in places like GFZ 2 or DSZ 1/2, or even in CEZ 2, it's something simple, but useful. I forgot to say it only works once runspeed is achieved.

Last edited:
A flag to make objects ignore slope physics, like the no physics flag on slopes, except on a per-object basis rather than a per-slope basis

Understandable, what about the rest?

Water running isn't necessary for Sonic. It doesn't add much to the game outside of water areas, and within water areas he often needs to go underwater anyway (or just be somewhere else apart from the water's surface?). I don't think the classic games even really gave him that "ability" apart from a brief moment or two in Hydrocity Zone? Could possibly be wrong though, I have no idea.

Apart from anything else, giving Sonic water running would also break some of the existing level design that assumes the fact he can't do that normally. (Unless we remake it of course, but you know ...we're already in the process of remaking a bunch of our levels for other reasons, like slopes)

Is there any chance that we could be given the ability to make a custom colormap, since we can't edit the colormap userdata?
The ones we can use for patches are hardcoded to remap the black/dark blue index to white, or remap all indexes to white, or grab specific greens and change them to a color. It would be cool if you could input which indexes are remapped to another color.

On top of that, since bosses can remap their colors when being given MF2_FRET, how about allowing Lua to be able to set the colormap used by an object?

EDIT: I just read a reply made earlier in this thread detailing why this is not feasible. Oh well.

Last edited:
Have Knuckles retain his inertia when a wall scroller pushes him off a wall. I'd also advise removing his automatic forward push when climbing up and over a ledge- the player's going to be holding forward anyway if vaulting up is their intent, but neutral air has some practical applications too. I wanted to stack some wall conveyor FOFs vertically and he's just bumping his head on the bottom of the next block.

It would be amazing if the ShouldDamage/MobjDamage/MobjDeath hooks had a fifth argument for the type of damage, as right now it is quite complicated when someone is trying to get whether the object/player died because of being crushed, by falling on a pit, being killed by instant death sectors, by drowning in water/space, hit by a laser and similar stuff, essentially all kinds of damage that come from the environment rather than by an object.

I know enemies give you score already but add enemies destroyed as a topic to competition.

Please, PLEASE do something to fix the problem with people forgetting that they set allowjoin to 'off'. I know it's only their own fault, but it's really really common and without any indication that joins are disabled anywhere these servers usually end up not being accessible anymore.
Maybe something really non-intrusive, I don't know, a line of text indicating that it is on, on the bottom of the TAB key HUD screen? Could also be a great place to have a "X players out of Y slots" line, too.

Why not have the DSZ Seaweed sprites animate or otherwise have a new single frame sprite that's not from when they were suppose to animate.

Why not have the DSZ Seaweed sprites animate or otherwise have a new single frame sprite that's not from when they were suppose to animate.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the water ripple effect in the water kinda does the work for you well enough, even if it doesn't have a lot of frames.

I'm fairly certain that grass is getting kicked out of 2.2's Deep Sea Zone in favor of that new kelp foliage, so it's not likely to be getting additional frames if it's kept in the IWAD at all.

How about Presets for Video modes and Controls?

So we dont have to spend alot of time setting up the game and we can just jump right into the game. And for those who like to tinker with all their controls there should be a Custom option for both Video and Controls.

An example could be...

A Low Preset for Video: Preclip dist 1024, Preclip Density Light, Nights dist also around 1024.

And for a High Preset for video: Preclip dist 4098, Preclip Density Heavy, Nights dist also 4098.

Controls Presets would work differently since some people play either Keyboard or Key.B&Mouse (maybe even for external controllers)

Would be nice if the scoreboard also showed how many Tokens have been found in the current level like in Singleplayer.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back