Srb2 is eighteen years old?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooner rather than later. The Sonic-in-a-diaper startup window isn't as cute now as it might have been in innocent 1999.

Hey, it's not that image's fault you've seen some horrible fetishes online between the first time you saw that image and now =P

Nope, baby Sonic's still there. The current art's only been around since like 2003 though.

In any case, we're hardly ever going to be "Sonic Team Sr" when the original Sonic Team is still around. Even if we're eventually all old men. =V

I'm amazed that SRB2 is still sucking in kids and teenagers.

Run.
Run while you still can.

There's BZFlags, ZDoom (I gotta stop mentioning this one), Freedoom (although 3 years younger than SRB2) and few others I forgot the name of.

As far as I can tell, ZDoom might actually be around the same age as SRB2, if not older; ZDoom's very first release came out on March 6th, 1998, while SRB2 (in its TGF form) supposedly started development in the same month. SRB2 Halloween didn't come out though until October 1999, the following year.

BZFlag meanwhile was originally written in 1992, and was first publicly released in 1993. By comparison, Doom itself was first released in December 10th, 1993.

There's BZFlags, ZDoom (I gotta stop mentioning this one), Freedoom (although 3 years younger than SRB2) and few others I forgot the name of.
Didn't development for ZDoom officially end a while ago? I remember reading about that and how everyone was supposed to use GZDoom as a replacement.

Yes, But it's technically still stuck in development hell lol, features like ZScript will not be finished, although I think GZDoom is taking care of it.

GZDoom already contains the software renderer found in ZDoom, and with a new addition of a true-color software remderer too. It's about time ZDoom stopped updating, at least now we can label 2.8.1 as the official port for ZDoom demos.

Anyway, quite surprised that SRB2 over 15 years old.

Sorry for the pointless bump :P

I did play this Zelda fan game known as Mystery of Solarus. made in either 2001 or 2002 though, so almost 5 years younger than SRB2
It's fully done and has been remade as of 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back