• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ritz ground zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently this is not actually possible. However, here is a rudimentary script you can use to track your coordinates so you know where to place stuff in ZoneBuilder:
Tedious, but it should work! Thanks, I'll give it a shot when I find the time.

That said, if your intention is just to use it for placing ring trails along spring arcs, it'd definitely be possible to script an object (or set) whose sole purpose is to generate those on map load and then vanish.
That would be a really useful thing to have if the script were something where I could specify a start, middle and endpoint in coordinates, and the number of objects to spawn, and then have a curve generated with that data. Bonus if we could omit the midpoint for a straight line. It's not just about springs though, so much as any scenario where the player is off the ground, like riding a polyobject diagonally.

What about a script that could take the coordinates Furiousfox's script spits out and create objects from that? Also, if lua won't work, what about a SOC? Quick and dirty custom EXE just so I can save the things out?

EDIT felt like talking more: Mappers have always been pretty conservative with aerial object placement, but then the classic games were all about that. I really want to encourage Z movement with this map, and having a 1:1 relationship with object placement and gameplay is ultimately the sanest way to do that. Plotting the player's movement with objects is a great tool for general game design too- I don't have time to dig it up, but I remember the developers for Rayman Legends doing a behind-the-scenes video where they showed off this function in their editor that spawns player sprite trails. They'd perform a jump, plot the arc with sprites, and then place a platform inside that arc to create super tight platforming sequences.

Last edited:
GraciousInsidiousAlbino.gif

I love this. Mad props, FuriousFox!

MealySizzlingAndeancondor.gif

Third wish: Anyone want to script something that will allow me to toggle multiple skybox view points so I can have an indoors background?

This is very impressive, but is this gonna be a actual level, or just a showcase of these new features? Also, SO MANY COLORS.

Actual level. I'm close to filling up half of the available grid space in Zone Builder right now.

I don't think I have ever said anything in this thread yet but so far I've been impressed on what I've seen so far and really interested on the level itself, it's a really unique theme that I always wanted to try in SRB2 but never found a way how to execute it and perfect it. Really looking forward to more progress.

REQUEST: Can someone script me a NiGHTS bumper that launches the player in a jump state so they can perform an air action afterwards? Would also be nice if it shot as fast/far as a red spring. S-rank bonus if it can launch the player without changing the direction the player is facing.

In the meantime, have some horticulture:

AgedAgitatedBonobo-max-14mb.gif

Thanks to mazmazz for cobbling together a script for exporting vertex coordinates as thing lumps.

(Epilepsy-safe version here because we can't embed webm)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back