DoomBuilder FOF help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFireTheHedgeHo

The Uncontrollable Flame
I was making a wad and I didn't know how to make Water FOFs (and most wads nowadays needs water).
I didn't understand what it said to do in the wiki so I went on YouTube(didn't help) but most videos had it ONLY for doombuilder and not SRB2DB. So in short I ask,
How Step by Step, do you make a low pool of water?
Also how to make Teleports would be nice too.
Thanks for the help.

What is it about the wiki that you don't understand? When I read the tutorial I was able to make the water FOF just fine.

I never read the wiki. I managed to learn mostly everything about mapping through looking at other levels. Here's a step-by-step explanation on how to setup a water fof.

1. Create the sector that will contain the water.
  2. Give it an unused tag. (example: 1)
  3. Now outside of your map create a small box-like sector. This will be your water fof's control sector. (Don't create this inside your level create it outside, or else this won't work.)
  4. Choose one linedef from your outside control sector and give it the same tag you gave the first sector which will contain the water. (in this case the linedef tag would be 1)
  5. Now choose the water fof action after clicking the menu which brings up the linedef specials. (or, in this case you can simply type '123' in the linedef action box. linedef type 123 is 'Water, Translucent, No-sides (Assuming you don't want waterfalls)
  6. Now set the appropriate height and floor of the water by editing the control sectors properties as a whole. 'Height' or Ceiling is what determines how high or low your water fof is. You should probably make it slightly shorter than the rest of the land in the level. The 'Floor' is where your water fof stops. Usually this value does not matter. Just make sure it's not the exact height as the ceiling of the water.
  7. Now your water fof should be functioning. If it's not then you most likely did something wrong - Or you misunderstood my little tutorial here.
  8. Water with colormaps isn't too hard, you just need to know what colormap value you want for your water. The SRB2 Wiki can tell you how to set up colormaps. And what colormap values are there.

If my little tutorial wasn't that understandable you can always take a look at an example wad I made which has a small, shallow pool of water.

http://wind.srb2skybase.org/files/srb2-linedef123-waterfof.wad

This is assuming you have already created the thok barrier and walls/playerStarts etc.

1. Make a sector that you want to use for the water.
2. Give it a sector tag.
3. Make a control sector (a sector not inside of the previous ones)
4. Right-Click a linedef in the control sector, and give it a sector tag of FOF Water
5. Make sure the linedef tag matches the sector tag
6. Make sure the first sector has a Floor Height of under the Outer-Sector's.
7. Then finally test it.
8. You Should see your water appear there :)

It has been a long time since I have done anything with srb2DB, so I may have forgotten something.

Basically, if you can make an FOF, make the linedef a water one instead of a solid. And make sure the water sector is a pit, (unless you like floating water!)

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

o_o? Ninja'd!!

Extra:
I REALLY need help with quicksand.
I set up the control sector and tagged the linedef and such but,
Quicksand will NOT form and I wanted to put a teleporter under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back