Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a Toontown player has come into advantage here, since every year on December 29th, the game is hacked. But then, the game goes into a big lockdown. That's what we should really DO. I think we should CLOSE the servers and only allow singleplayer, until the time is right. My guess would be a week.

I know it may sound stupid and all, but in my opinion, it works. Then the hackers are found, and the community is happy once more.

Also, I will NOT be talking about what happened in the Toontown hacking thing. It's more inappropriate than alot of stuff I've seen. There aren't pictures, I know from the reddit.

TL;DR:Close the online servers for the week, and we're done!

"We should close the SRB2 MB for a week. After that, nobody will make weird suggestions anymore" :)

Last edited:
Well, would you look at that?

The MS servers are finally down.
They took toonjoey's idea and put it into action.

Last edited:
...um no, that would be rather stupid?

If the MS staff had taken it down for that kind of reason, they'd probably have left a notice or announcement saying so.

...um no, that would be rather stupid?

If the MS staff had taken it down for that kind of reason, they'd probably have left a notice or announcement saying so.

Uh... No...

In the past, whenever they did maintenance for the server, they never left any kind of notice that the MS servers were being worked on...

And yes, I do realize what you said. Sarcasm is hard on the internet...

Last edited:
Even if something goes abysmally wrong and the master server does get hacked somehow (Which, it probably won't) There's a backup of it somewhere probably, and the fun isn't down anyway, you can always play solo, or arrange a server via a chat room or advertise your SRB2 server elsewhere.

Even then, I've seen no history from Kitoko about the Master Server being hacked ever. The main difference about joey's suggestion and reality is that there is no definitive day that hackers decide to just play hand-of-god here. As far as I know, it's just a few players editing their clients to have an aimbot because they can, since the game is open-source.

Still though, I think this discussion is going a little off-topic, personally.

Last edited:
Actually, such an EXE could exist, as long as it did not preform any movements a player using a vanilla exe couldn't.

For example, Aimbotting Lock on (adapting for ring speed), Radar (oh look, the flagholder is right behind that corner, and the emeralds are over there, there and there.), Automatic Dodge maneuvering (thok/weave out of the way of an incoming ring, possibly have a warning for if someone is aiming at you with a rail ring), and possibly a few other things... like crawla bouncing assistance.

Essentially, if it could be done in a TAS of SRB2, an EXE Modification could be done to make things easier in real time.

All its limited by is the amount of information you get sent with the netcode (especially if the player doesn't have that information), and the amount of information you can send back.

Obviously, the next step is to build all of those components, combine them with some extra glue to tie it all together, and make the ultimate Match bot.

Didn't JTE make some pretty decent Match bots forever ago? They basically just ran around to the nearest rings and fired at the nearest players.

They aren't really capable of navigating stages, though. This wasn't a huge deal in 1.X because the stages were predominantly a single room, but 2.X's match stages are complicated and have multiple rooms, which those old bots are pretty much incapable of figuring out, so they just run into walls all the time.

It's actually pretty easy to perform some fun tricks which i consider as "Cheats" , All you have to do is to put some Name,Skin or Color commands in a .txt file and add this to the last line
Code:
color red
wait 3
color yellow
exec yourtxt.txt
So that your txt will keep re-executong itself, Just wanted to let you know so that you "may" attempt to fix it.
I didn't understand why there are hackers anyway... The SRB2 is already has something like this, devmod...

Because we're humans, and by nature we will often try to take the shortest path to success. Obviously, modifying the game in such a way that it allows you to aim perfectly is one of the quickest ways, aside from a tutor.

This applies to any game, and every game. SRB2 is literally a hack off of the Doom Legacy engine, even though it's a more productive hack, adding many more features.

I'm sorry my bots were shitty, it's just really hard to navigate in SRB2 compared to Quake D: In Quake you can practically stop on a dime compared to Sonic's feet slipping and sliding all over the place, and thokking is just as likely to throw you off a cliff as it is to save you unless you check VERY far ahead of you...

Next time I make bots they would be better, because I know how to iterate over walls in the blockmap and whatnot now, but for 2.1 Mystic only gave me the go-ahead to make an official singleplayer-only "Sonic & Tails" bot so as to not ruin the multiplayer components of the game with armies of brainless idiots polluting every server.

I seen a player in a server (its a hater, he does bullying to everyone), so the admin banned that player, and the player are'nt affected by the BAN, he just joined again, idk how he can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back