Nintendo 3DS Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this is their next-gen system, Bigboi, not yet another DS model.

It's still nothing special, I'm not entirely sure how they can even get 3D without glasses to work, since surely that stuff would be mainstream before it hit a handheld? Why are we still wearing glasses in the cinema if such technology exists?

EDIT:

Oh hello.

So it's going to be very annoying to use, enjoy playing your handheld with it against your face.

Last edited:
Forgive me, but I don't understand what you said...? :(
Speaking of upload speed. The new DS seems to have a better receiver. Finally, I can play in my room. :P

Last edited:
Yes! I get to hear the details in June 15!
Anyways, I wonder what it might look like. >.>

Forgive me, but I don't understand what you said...? :(
Speaking of upload speed. The new DS seems to have a better receiver. Finally, I can play in my room. :P

Up to 1 foot does not mean it will work at 1 foot, especially in light conditions.

:P

But, I'm pretty sure your eyes don't need to be glued to the screen. Why the hell would Nintendo do that? ...

:P

But, I'm pretty sure your eyes don't need to be glued to the screen. Why the hell would Nintendo do that? ...

Why the hell would Nintendo make something you have to wear over your face? Why the hell would Nintendo make something that doesn't do what it's meant to till you pay an extra sum of money a few years later? Why the hell would Nintendo make you use friend codes instead of usernames?

They're known for doing stupid things. :|

Leave him be, Auto... we can't all be Nintendo elitists (not that I've ever seen anything but X360 fanatics outside of this community), so don't hold it against the poor feller.

I honestly am skeptical about this one too. I normally don't get consoles until after they've been on the market a year or so anyway, so I'm not concerned a potential investment in the near or even semi-distant future. I'm actually not really into the 3d fad that's going around, I'll probably wait for someone like Prime to explain it to me after it comes out.

Don't really feel like buying yet another handheld that doesn't offer backwards compatibility for anything except the last generation.

I want a VC for the old handheld games that is cheaper than what Gamestop makes you pay for some of the GBA games. You can get a used DS game for that much. They know they can get a lot of money out of it so it makes sense... but Nintendo marches to the beat of their own drum. They're unpredictable, and I prefer it that way. I like how they are intent on striking a different path than the other producers, because that is what makes it possible for them to make masterpieces like Galaxy.

Am I the only one wishing they'd stick to one handheld for a while? I know they have to make money somehow, and I know they've done this kind of thing before with the Game Boy and such, but I hope that it'll take a while before they quit making DS games completely. I wonder how many more DS versions they'll make before I have to buy another, becuase I've still got the fat gray one.

With my luck, they'll probably make a new DS as soon as I get this one that's comong out.

Cue - They had a reason for friend codes. Stupid may be an opinion. But not for soccer moms. :p

Oh, since the DS3D can play DS and DSi games. Its possible that the DS3D will extend the life of the DS. Since it has backward compatibility.

Why the hell would Nintendo make something you have to wear over your face? Why the hell would Nintendo make something that doesn't do what it's meant to till you pay an extra sum of money a few years later? Why the hell would Nintendo make you use friend codes instead of usernames?

They're known for doing stupid things. :|
I'd like to note, though, that the last truly awful idea they had for control/visuals was the Virtual Boy, and that was quite a while ago.

They might be backwards in online play, and they might like to make random peripherals, but in terms of controllers and system design they've got a really good track record. Just look at their controllers over the years and notice how everything they add ends up on all their competitors' controllers the next time they revise them. That says quite a lot.

I would be very surprised if they designed this with some object you have to stick on your head to make it work.

I doubt they'll make you have an object. Since this handheld is portable, it might be easy to lose.

I bet it'll just only use your eyes.

Last edited:
I will only buy a new DS if it comes with a video game radar so you can find lost games, I'm still looking for Super mario land 2, banjo kazooie (GBA), and my recently missing pokemon diamond game.

Up to 1 foot does not mean it will work at 1 foot, especially in light conditions.

So this also helps my argument that the 3D will in fact rape my eyes, and I'll be helping it by putting my eyes closer than they need to be.

Last edited:
I don't think you realize that Nintendo has at least confirmed that this is the NEXT generation of handhelds, and not just a DS reskin. The title "3DS" is currently just a working title until they give us more details, which will be better to make a judgement call on than some lady on a website saying that (Note that she very specifically says this is speculation) it will only work a foot away.
At least wait for E3, when we'll actually get some real information on it.

Last edited:
So I found an interview with IGN with Sony concerning the 3D handheld idea. LINK

The part that amuses me most is this tidbit here...

Having been in the portable space for quite awhile, I think it's an interesting move but one I'd like to see where they go from a demographic standpoint. 8 and 9 year-olds playing 3D is a little bit of a stretch given where some of our research is right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when have 8 or 9 year-olds ever been the noticeably target demographic for the DS? From the way I see it, the system was more designed to sell to casual gamers on the go than it was to kiddies. The tv spots show famous actresses playing the game, not funky characters.

Granted, I wouldn't really expect each company to know everything about the other... but this seems to betray an awful lot of presumptuous ignorance for somebody who's in charge of marketing. Also, its nice to know that Sony will be continuing to neglect their handheld. I predict the next generation is at least going to reflect this one. Nintendo will score casual gamers but might turn off some of their old fans... the average bloke will own a Microsoft system... and Sony will fall behind yet again.

Well, I know for fact is that oppisite of what he said.

All the kids "WOW" at the 3D at the movies. You don't think they won't WOW at the 3DS?

Oh, I don't think Nintendo is ignoring anyone with the DS. Everyone is mostly mad at the Wii. And no one owns a PSP over here. And if they do, they have get 1 game every 2 years.

Well, it still is pretty smart.
Everyone knows they'll make a better version of it. So why spend money on an inferior version?

Well, it still is pretty smart.
Everyone knows they'll make a better version of it. So why spend money on an inferior version?

What? That's like saying still using DVDs as a medium is stupid because BluRays can hold more data, even though DVDs are widespread and cost a lot less to produce. These things don't happen instantaneously, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back