Which level do you like/hate the most in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, what's wheex.wad? I can't find it anywhere.

As for ERZ, it may be hard, but it's epic. Gotta be the best level ever made for SRB2.

Finally passed Deep Sa Zone, now I think I hate Castle Eggman Zone more, and no, it's not because it'a harder (even if I keep getting lost because everything looks the same) it's because my computer is lagging and it's almost gotten me killed twice.

Now I'm stuck on the section that floods, oh boy, I can't wait to get the crap out of this level, but at least it's not always trying to drown me.

EDIT: FINALLY! Crap it made me jump IN the water? This game is really good at guessing what I'm least expected to do. >_< That always got on my nerves about Sonic 3, it always made me do some brave thing I'd never try, but I guess it did make me a better Zelda player... And Sonic 3 is still awesome.

Now I get to play one of my favorite levels~

I wish you could download the music to this game, I don't know who did it, but they're brilliant.

Last edited:
The flood section is really annoying, yes. But after that you're done and get to the real action which is Arid Canyon Zone. I don't know how you managed to get lost in Castle Eggman Zone, though.

The flood section is really annoying, yes. But after that you're done and get to the real action which is Arid Canyon Zone. I don't know how you managed to get lost in Castle Eggman Zone, though.

Dunno either, but I do like the level after that, AND the fact I don't have to fight a boss, I get there much faster.

I think I got lost because everything in the level literally looks alike, I see what people mean when they say the level is bare. At least in aird Canyon zone there are landmarks and I don't get lost nearly as much.

I don't care how long I've been running in circles, the music to this level is awesome~

Am I the only person who really likes DSZ? It is a great level for coop with people that you somewhat know because of all the nooks and crannies within the level. The multiple paths are great for those types of people who like puzzles or for those that just want to blast through the level. Busting all those blocks in DSZ2 in coop is loads of fun, and surprisingly satisfying. Unfortunately, DS1 is laggy especially in the first part, but that doesn't ruin the entire experience for me.

I also really like GFZ2. Again, it has a bunch of nooks and crannies that make the level feel unique. It has a certain quality to it that I can't quite describe.

What I don't particularly like though is the SRB1 Remake. It is kind of ironic considering I made about 96% of it (the remaining 4% is some of the SRB1 sprites which were made by CZ64, and one of the super levels that JEV3 vastly improved the scenery). I think it is partly because of the fact that the enemies are dumb and they aren't as unique as they were in the original SRB1. This is mostly due to the fact that I have a limited knowledge of SOCing and they were just ported over into the code without making the AI better/more accurate. The fact that you can't die in SRB1 Remake by enemies due to the generous ring loss system also makes it a bit dull. The 2D mode can still use a bit of tinkering around with, like adding scrolling from Sonic CD. Obviously it would help if the bosses were coded in too.

Last edited:
Techno Hill Zone Act 1 - Like others said, it was way to simple and could be called GFZ act 4. Why not expand the factory at the end to make it more interesting?

Techno Hill Zone Act 1 - Like others said, it was way to simple and could be called GFZ act 4. Why not expand the factory at the end to make it more interesting?

Or add more paths, you can pretty much run through the level where there are wide gaps. Greenflower zone was actually harder IMO, but the deadly water can be a bit of a pain as Sonic.

Am I the only person who really likes DSZ? It is a great level for coop with people that you somewhat know because of all the nooks and crannies within the level. The multiple paths are great for those types of people who like puzzles or for those that just want to blast through the level. Busting all those blocks in DSZ2 in coop is loads of fun, and surprisingly satisfying. Unfortunately, DS1 is laggy especially in the first part, but that doesn't ruin the entire experience for me.

I also really like GFZ2. Again, it has a bunch of nooks and crannies that make the level feel unique. It has a certain quality to it that I can't quite describe.

What I don't particularly like though is the SRB1 Remake. It is kind of ironic considering I made about 96% of it (the remaining 4% is some of the SRB1 sprites which were made by CZ64, and one of the super levels that JEV3 vastly improved the scenery). I think it is partly because of the fact that the enemies are dumb and they aren't as unique as they were in the original SRB1. This is mostly due to the fact that I have a limited knowledge of SOCing and they were just ported over into the code without making the AI better/more accurate. The fact that you can't die in SRB1 Remake by enemies due to the generous ring loss system also makes it a bit dull. The 2D mode can still use a bit of tinkering around with, like adding scrolling from Sonic CD. Obviously it would help if the bosses were coded in too.

One reason I like Greenflower Zone is because it proves to everyone it's not impossible to make a 3-D Sonic game that doesn't suck. and that actually has adventure value, it does this just by having high places. Especially the second stage, which just goes to show how hard SEGA actually tries. I find it amazing paid pros can't accomplish what die-hard fans did.

Aside from that, if you can manage to find people to play with, co-op can be fun. IF you can find people, and if they want to actually cooperate...

Last edited:

You're not alone on those opinions, Torgo; I feel exactly the same way. Except for the part about DSZ being a great level for coop. As I loathe coop with the intensity of a trillion fiery suns, I don't care how well a level works in it.

And I also happen to love THZ1. It feels like GFZ2, but with a slight technology/ruin aspect to it. I think it's a great transition between GFZ and the even better THZ2.

You're not alone on those opinions, Torgo; I feel exactly the same way. Except for the part about DSZ being a great level for coop. As I loathe coop with the intensity of a trillion fiery suns, I don't care how well a level works in it.

uhh, I guess you have a reason but, why do you hate co-op?

Co-op's my favorite 2P thing but all anyone ever wants to do is match and CTF, and I'll be honest in match and CTF I feel like the weak kid on the playground since people don't even try to stop me, I mess up enough on my own, in CTF teammates have turned against me because I can't keep up. >_>

I hope to find them online on a game I play well, nothing would make my day more than to own someone who screwed me over on CTF...

Yes, Deep Sea Zone is amazing. But I don't get all the love for GFZ2. Sure, there are plenty of secrets, but the visuals are bland and there's nothing interesting in terms of gameplay. Also, there's nothing uglier than a Crawla. I don't care if they're easy to beat, but they look more like blue balls than tanks.

LIKE: GFZ, THZ, ACZ
GFZ and THZ are easy, thus I like them. That second emerald token needs to be in a spot that's not so hard to get at as Sonic, though. ACZ is a little harder, but it's really well designed, even if it does only have one act finished. Then again, the first few times I tried running through it, I died before I could figure out where the end was. It's almost a maze.

HATE: CEZ, DSZ, ERZ
As far as CEZ goes, please, go back to the old one. It was so much easier. The buttons were annoying at first, though, which I think is the reason why they changed it. At least the new one looks cooler. I hate DSZ because for one thing, it's supposed to be a level in the middle of the game, not a cruel, pointless ending to the game. And then, all the water slows you down too much, so it's very easy to die. They should redo this one with an aboveground route like Aquatic Ruin Zone (Sonic 2) and still have the underwater route for those who crave a challenge. DSZ even looks like the cruel ending because all the textures look so dreary. The only reason I don't like ERZ is because it's so hard.

EDIT: I just got past DSZ. Not as hard as I thought once I got the hang of it! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as CEZ goes, please, go back to the old one. It was so much easier.

Yeah, please go back to the old version which was cramped, plain, spammed with enemies, short, confusing, primitive, underdeveloped, and generally a really bad level...but easier.

FAVORITES-
Singleplayer: Arid Canyon and Red Volcano
Race: Race Alley
Match: Jade Valley
CTF: Cloud Palace
Secret/Unlockable: Spring Hill (I love NiGHTS!)

I don't usually like coop either. It is a bit fun to play coop with people you somewhat know though. Having voice chat up also adds to the experience. I remember playing coop with a bunch of the devs in that zone and how fun that was. It goes to show that coop can work if you want it too.

I LOOVE LOVE LOVE Tempest Valley Zone but that's a Mystic Realm level. My other favourite is probably Techno Hill zone 2 because... Well, it's just really fun. I also love Red Volcano Zone.

Least favourite is without a doubt Deep Sea Zone (both acts) mostly because I suck at underwater levels, but also because of the sheer numbers of those things that skim the water's surface and drop bombs on you. I hate having to kill them all before I carry on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back