Improved Tag Mode (srb2tag-p2.exe) [Patch 2 + Source]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Survivor mode is just how I imagined
"Infection" mode to be, except without the sprites I had set up.
Excellent job jazz...MOAR *shot*

Jazz said:
After twelve days of coding and testing spread out over three weeks due to end of semester exams, I present to you the result of my first delving into SRB2's source.

Plus an additional day for the first patch.

Kaysakado said:
By the way, you need to release the source, as this is under the GNU license.

And yeah, in a week or two you'll have a new patch and the source. I somehow doubt id Software is going to have a problem with that.

Maybe so, but Logan has a habit of banning unreleased sources from the MS. :3

Survivor mode and fixed tag, now this is where things start getting more hardcore. Nice work, you really done it again, Jazz!

A new patch is up, first post updated.

Changelog: (also found on the first post)

* Duplicate hit messages in Hide and Seek fixed. (p2)
* TAB score list fixed and properly displays people in score order. (p2)
* The friendly fire variable now functions with tag. (p2)
* IT Tails players can no longer carry players that aren't IT and vice versa. (p2)
* Spawn error messages fixed. (p2)
* Tagtype can no longer be changed in the middle of a round. (p2)

* The source is also now available and can be downloaded from the first post.

Thanks to Zeldagamer00, Kuja and JEV3 for their testing assistance.

If I may make a suggestion, what about adding -tagtype to the MAP command, now that you can't switch in the middle of the round? I haven't played p2 yet, so I don't know if this would be useful, but even if it's useful, it's probably still a good idea. =P

Then use exitlevel and then use the map command. Not sure what you're getting at.

Code:
BIND <INSERT KEYNAME HERE> EXITLEVEL, MAP MAPxx -GAMETYPE TAG -TAGTYPE SURVIVOR/HIDEANDSEEK
^Something like this in the Autoexec.cfg

It's not like you really need my permission. Feel free to adapt the information in this topic, along with anything else you may find relevant.

Sorry for double-post, but I have to report some problems.

Today I and other players were having lots of fun in my server with SRB2Tag-p2. Everything ran very well, but we faced some bugs:

1) In survivor mode, if we have 3 players, 1 non-IT and 2 IT's, and the non-IT player gets "connection timeout" error, the game can't end, unless forcing it by EXITLEVEL.

2) In hide & seek mode, if you are a non-IT player and run out of time while you are walking, you get stuck in "walking" state.

stuckbutwalking.png

3) SCREENSHOT command causes a SIGSEGV error. Even out of Tag gametype.

All three problems are nonexistent in the current version.

And by this, I mean the next version of SRB2. Not in the exact same implementation as in this modification, but in a similar fashion. In other words, consider this modification indefinitely unsupported. However if you find any other issues, please let me know so I can check if the problem carries over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back