Sonic & the Black Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cory the Hedgehog said:
Also, notice anything? Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood. Sonic Unleashed is a dark themed game. Sonic and the Black Knight.
That they are using dark words in there titles? *shot*
I just hope this is good, and I wonder why they are thinking of new ideas so suddenly?

Well a sword is rather new. Hopefully Sega is finally digging Sonic out of that same-gameplay rut he was thrown in long ago.
What I see happening however: Same old sonic gameplay except you get to flick the wii remote to overpower some already weak robot that doesn't pose any kind of threat to you at all.
At least I hope that the controls will be decent...

Silent_Snipe said:
Don't worry, sega plans to put sonic on the next call of duty game

Didn't SSNTails already do something like that, except it was Tails and Knux in Doom. =P It does seem ironic that all of us want to disown anything that is not traditional platforming Sonic while we play a multiplayer Sonic FPS.

Now I have to say Sonic with swords does seem rather odd, but I've been dreaming up crossing the two long before I went on the forums. Whether it turns out to be real or not, whether it turns out to be good or bad, I'd like to hear more about it because either way it is quite amusing.

I think its possible it could be done right, though I can understand why nobody is ready to take that leap of faith with Sonic Team... I'm apprehensive of what the premise will be myself but I know absolutely nothing about the game. That picture is too vague to know for sure that its going to change the core gameplay, or that its going to be related to SatSR or anything like that.

If it is a hoax, I'd like to see Sonic the Bat-hog and Robin Prower next.

Draykon said:
No seriously, we're jumping to conclusions by even having an opinion. Maybe we should wait for some actual information before attempting to judge the game?
Speaking of, has there been any scans outside of the Nintendo Power cover? I'd be more interested in seeing those.

SEGA site admin said:
I can confirm the game is indeed real, however you won't get any info on it from me, you'll have to wait until we post the product page tomorrow [Monday] on SEGA.com and read the Nintendo Power article.

Offtopic:
Sonic In Shadow The Hedgehog said:
To swap your weapon for another weapon that's on the floor, press the X button!
Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead using those things!
SEGA LIED! THEY LIIIIED!!!!

Ontopic:
Sega just like teasing us with these new ideas, and yet, it ends up being a faliure (Sonic 06).
But for some reason, I kinda like the fact that Sonic is carrying a sword, that proves that Sega is moving out of it's usual Kid-like games. (Idk if that's a bad thing or not.) But if it's like Kingdom hearts, I know I won't be bored for a few days when I get this.

I still feel they are running low on ideas and just taking stuff from old fan crap. :< Seriously, I've been ripped from alot so far, I made Nitemare have fire powers back during SA2B (Shaddap about Shadow), Then Blaze came out a few years later and all. Senku was created not much later after Nitemare was, along with his ragey form thingy, HEY LOOKIE SatSR with a rage type for for Sonic. NOW Hey look Sega now gave a hedgehog a sword, I wonder where they could get that, though I know that there are probably other hedgehogs with swords, BUT the old Senku is the only one I knew before with a two handed sword. I shouldn't exactly complain now since I've scrapped the hedgehog version of my characters "sorta." I only keep those types for Sonic related games at times so I have something interesting to throw in for fun, but humans are my way to go for now.

Sonic with a sword is just a big no-no, but I'll look forward to it for now only cause I like swords and all.

Apparently we now have word on what it is...

A Sonic and the Secret Rings sequel...
They said its "Continuing the storybook Sonic series" which only can mean that they have plans for even MORE....

The official press release has just landed on our desk, complete with further details on the title. It follows on from Sonic and the Secrtet Rings as the second part of the Wii exclusive storybook series, and is being developed by Sonic Team in Japan. Transporting Sonic back to an Arthurian medieval world, it arms Sonic with a sword to tackle his foes. It's currently scheduled for release in Spring 2009, so keep a look out for more details here as they emerge.

Senku Niola said:
I still feel they are running low on ideas and just taking stuff from old fan crap. :< Seriously, I've been ripped from alot so far, I made Nitemare have fire powers back during SA2B (Shaddap about Shadow), Then Blaze came out a few years later and all. Senku was created not much later after Nitemare was, along with his ragey form thingy, HEY LOOKIE SatSR with a rage type for for Sonic. NOW Hey look Sega now gave a hedgehog a sword, I wonder where they could get that, though I know that there are probably other hedgehogs with swords, BUT the old Senku is the only one I knew before with a two handed sword. I shouldn't exactly complain now since I've scrapped the hedgehog version of my characters "sorta." I only keep those types for Sonic related games at times so I have something interesting to throw in for fun, but humans are my way to go for now.

Sonic with a sword is just a big no-no, but I'll look forward to it for now only cause I like swords and all.

Senku, I'm sorry, but none of those are your original ideas. They're all quite cliche. Nitemare is not the only fancharacter with pyromancy, Senku is not the only fancharacter with a critical moment rage-sorta-thing, and he DEFINITELY isn't the only fancharacter with a sword.

What I find interesting is that it's a broadsword rather than a katana. That's really a step in the right direction right there. But neway, that product page is supposed to be up today, so I suppose I'll wait for that.

On Ign,some people have been complaining that wait till Sonic Unleashed is out.
But these games are being made by different people,so whats the point?

I loved SATSR,so I bet I'll love the "sequel".

A sequel to SATSR huh? That explains the "And The" Part of the title. I knew it was bound to happen, but I also liked the first one, so I will like this one too I hope.

Well It could be good, but either way this is going to split the Sonic fanbase due to the new diretion Sega are taking

Draykon said:
and he DEFINITELY isn't the only fancharacter with a sword.

That is true, MY fanchacacter has a sword.

Ontopic, This game sounds like it could be interesting, but I don't have a Wii, so I couldn't play it, anyway.

Hmm, Sonic with a sword? It seems SEGA is trying to get Sonic into Soul Calibur 4 (like that will ever happen), but it seems like it's going to be a alright game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back