• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shade the Echidna WAD in work

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi people,
I decided to make a shade wad. before i wanted to make a wad of my fan chara, but i think no one wowuld like it because it isn't a chara from sega. then i wanted tpo make a metaknight wad but i had some problems with the pose...so here are the first sprites from the wad:

SBOSHLIF.jpg

SHADNAME.jpg

SHADA1.jpg

SHADCHAR.jpg

what do u think?

Are you uploading your pics to Photobucket? Remember that bmps are automatically turned into jpgs when you upload them there, so you should save them as PNGs before you upload them there.

Jewel the Mystery said:
?
sry i'm german i understand nothing...
why png? i'm using xwe.

No, I said to save them as PNGs so you can upload them to PhotoBucket without them changing into jpgs. I'm not saying to use PNGs for XWE, as they come out looking wrong when you load them into XWE.

Wait, Shade's an echidna? O_o Wow, I feel stupid now, I'm probably one of the (what I'm guessing) few that didn't know ._.

H Y P E R said:
The boobs on the sprites look weird.

XD
But yeah, they look strange. Also I would use a different character select picture. The current one might look bad converted to SRB2's palette.

After seeing this topic earlier today, I decided to try my hand at Shade in KolourPaint. I think something is wrong with it though, maybe the eyes are too far apart?
SHDEA1.png

Well not to be mean or anything but I do like Dr. P's Shade. Though the dreadlocks look off somehow. Maybe too much like Knuckles.

Ice said:
Sure, just undermine every other spriter on this board some more...

There is only one set of characters he cannot outdo someone with and that is my characters since I know everything about all details needed for each and every one of them. (If you wanna even try Dr. P then post 1 stand pose of each character you wanna try outdoing me in, this includes human)

But anyways back onto this topic.. Your Shade looks way too much like Sonic himself. Something about the dreadlocks I dislike... might be that they are just too far back and pointed like hedgehog quills.

Ice said:
I was only trying to help Jewel, like I have every other time I've posted sprites like this. I'm sorry if my post seemed like I was showing off, but whatever gave you the idea that I undermine everyone else's work is beyond me...

i know i have some problems with the boots...but i can`t do it better -.-
first of all i'll finish all sprites and then I'll work with the details.

Dr.Pepper said:
Ice said:
I was only trying to help Jewel, like I have every other time I've posted sprites like this. I'm sorry if my post seemed like I was showing off, but whatever gave you the idea that I undermine everyone else's work is beyond me...

I was totally just joking around. ;) It just seems like every time someone makes a new Sonic character sprite or something, you come in and make an astounding one 10 times better.

Ice said:
I was totally just joking around. ;) It just seems like every time someone makes a new Sonic character sprite or something, you come in and make an astounding one 10 times better.
Sarcasm is hard to interpret on the internet sometimes, >_> sorry I took you seriously, Ice.

Oh, and Jewel, 'forgot to say you can use/edit that sprite if you want. :P You don't have to, but that option is always there, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back