To all those going 'OMG I CANT CONECT 2TEH MASTASERVA!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Yes, it is down, no I don't know how long for, the reason behind this downtime is due to the first stage in the movement to the new server. Not only have I completely revamped the MS, but the IRC Bot SRB2MS now tells you if you're caught in a banned ip range if you type !amibanned.

The MS now uses MySQL for server storage and such, when I'm done completely, I hope to have an automatic ban list that's much nicer than Logan's manual thread and such.

And yes, there will be a reporting system eventually, I just want to get the thing back up as quickly as possible.

Also, Master Server Administration Panel anyone?

The page srb2.servegame.org brings up is the default cPanel page when a domain is pointed to the server but has nowhere to go from there, wait a bit while I sort out adding the domain.

Oh, for the love of...

Cue is trying to make the community and SRB2 better as a whole, and all you can do is bitch about it. So your precious Master Server is down for a bit. This is not a big deal. Get over it. Seriously.

Or better yet, why not play by yourself? The Mysticrealm is calling you Mike.

thank you for directing me to this topic cue. i now know what is going on.
just do what you gotta do and dont worry about any whiners.

Dark Warrior said:
Oh, for the love of...

Cue is trying to make the community and SRB2 better as a whole, and all you can do is bitch about it. So your precious Master Server is down for a bit. This is not a big deal. Get over it. Seriously.
Reminds me when people want something, and government then tries to do it, but to do so it must temporarily close a road or something until they're done, and then people bitch about it :/ This happens all the time...

You aren't getting what I was saying. I'm not phased much by that I'm ticked enough by his annoying "TEH NEW MB" Idea this evens itself out anyway.

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
You aren't getting what I was saying. I'm not phased much by that I'm ticked enough by his annoying "TEH NEW MB" Idea this evens itself out anyway.

The new MB is needed because the old one sucks and has horrible administration, you have no idea what the backend of this thing is like.

It seems you don't visit IRC too much, Mike_The_Hedgehog. As DarkWarrior said, Cue is trying to improve the stuff we have. You're against the change? Go PM him telling how much you hate him and his plans. But have in mind... He's not hurting anybody at all.

It's more to the point that....

1 I don't even trust him.

2 I Think it's fine in this MB

3 If he wants to do this so badly don't close this one down.

From my point of view nothing good is going to come from this in the end theres a VARY high chance it will be spoiled by n00bs.

So ignore the new MB, it's not like "SEPWICH IS UNSUPPORTED KTHXBAI"

Revamped MS strikes me as interesting. Will the source information for this one be publicly available as well?

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
It's more to the point that....

1 I don't even trust him.

The fact that the current administration is with this idea in the first place should allay any fear you have on that issue by itself.

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
2 I Think it's fine in this MB

PHPBB2 is a steaming pile of crap with little to no real functions. It's entirely outdated.

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
3 If he wants to do this so badly don't close this one down.

Why you think this is him acting independently is beyond me. Like I said, he's got the backing of the administration as it is, what more does he need?

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
From my point of view nothing good is going to come from this in the end theres a VARY high chance it will be spoiled by n00bs.

That logic applies to anything and everything.

*Ghoul sound is heared*Ahah!so...you was the peron that did it?Well...to wait.
*2 years later...*
I will still wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back