• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the Hedgehog Mod - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsonic

Current Levels in the Campaign.

Starting Level: Central Square
Level 02 Neutral: Robo Hill
Level 02 Hero: Vast Expanse
[To be Included...More]

Current Levels in the Multiplayer.
[To be Included...More]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow the Hedgehog was a unique sonic game that delivered something new, and, for the most part, succeeded in some regions such as Japan.

This MOD Delivers some of what SHTH Introduced, the fact that you could ''customize'' your storyline throughout each playthrough.

How it will work, is, for instance, Central Square has 3 ways to clear the level. However you clear it decides the next level you play. Each level has a hidden Chaos Emerald, and a variety of exit points.

The Boss AI is REAL, REAL Hard. Even hard for 8-player Online Co-Op! Now THAT is Hard!

This has some unique enemies, a list of ''new'' enemies is here.

Factobot : Gradually creates Blue Crawlas...
Factobot2 : Gradually creates Red Crawlas...
Red Missile : A Red Crawla with Multiple Health Points that shoots bullets
Sonic Clone : A Clone of Sonic? But...How?

The levels, such as Vast Expanse, try to be non-linear. You feel a ''open-ness'' and urge to explore the entire level.

It's quite unique the game =D

Now, here's some WIP Screenshots of VAST EXPANSE.
Also, right now, a server hosting the mod is up. Join the server to instantly download the mod (Though it'll take a while) and join the private beta co-op action!

srb20000.png

srb20001.png

srb20002.png

srb20003.png

srb20004.png

It isn't Shadow the Hedgehog without guns.

also shth failed badly.

badly.

Lemme guess.
Sonic boss still just runs around, tossing homing rings.
Missile crawlas still have a cheaply high firing rate.
Levels are still button hunts.
Bosses are still just souped up Eggmobiles.
The game is still painfully cheap.
Factobots still use skim sprites
You still fail at SOCcing.

Just a guess, but not unlikely, judging by the screens it's exactly the same.

Draykon said:
Lemme guess.
Sonic boss still just runs around, tossing homing rings.
Missile crawlas still have a cheaply high firing rate.
Levels are still button hunts.
Bosses are still just souped up Eggmobiles.
Tha game is still painfully cheap.

Just a guess, but not unlikely, judging by the screens it's exactly the same.

Nope. The button you see in the shot of Vast Expanse is the only button in the level, and is only used if you want to find the Chaos Emerald. =p

Ah, so you continue this.. Make the stages less as big, and not so small, so the stages can be.. Better, along with less as many enemies, too.

That's not a good thing Red.

Remember, turret fire only works in large arenas, with running room, or with slow, innacurate projectiles.
Skull attack should only be used in low-roof indoor rooms, or with some way of controlling it.
Health values should be below 20, and speed should be reasonable.
And stage based attacks should be preceeded with an alarm of some sort.

Meh, I can help with SOCing if you'd like. It should be more like ShTH than anything else though. In other words, eggman better not be uber-cheep for no reason.

And I'd really like to see thst eggman boss, if nothing else.

Yeah, well...

I'll host the Co-Op online again sometime today, you can join/DL and see his AI for yourself, if you'd like.

@Draykon: Mmmm...his health is 14ish, I lost the source of the SOC File, LOL. I can easily extract it using XWE when i'm ready to resume on it, though. Oh, and the only reason we lost 10 lives each is we were on Very Hard Mode. >.>. It's alot easier on Normal Mode. Trust me on that. I love the rings =(. The game is designed to be fun on Co-Op, but it CAN be played on Single Player if you so wish.

Redsonic said:
I'll host the Co-Op online again sometime today, you can join/DL and see his AI for yourself, if you'd like.

I'd rather get it by PM. There isn't any guarantee that I can find it when you are hosting. Besides, I work better alone and/or with Zero4 at my back.

on Edge said:
Redsonic said:

I'd rather get it by PM. There isn't any guarantee that I can find it when you are hosting. Besides, I work better alone and/or with Zero4 at my back.

Well, i'm hosting it right now.

NEED HELP PLZ with configuring controls

No, he means a link to the actual mod's file itself.

Don't make a goddamn topic about it if you only have screenshots and expect us to join your netgame to get the wad. We need to get some rule against that, I swear.

Re: NEED HELP PLZ with configuring controls

Penopat said:
No, he means a link to the actual mod's file itself.

Don't make a goddamn topic about it if you only have screenshots and expect us to join your netgame to get the wad. We need to get some rule against that, I swear.

I don't expect you to. All I said is if you want to help beta test, join the server. That's all.

If this is to actually be a mod with plenty of levels, why in the world do you want us to download it from your server? That's a complete waste of a connection. That's almost as bad as the n00b server that has 20+ wads added to it.

Spazzo said:
If this is to actually be a mod with plenty of levels, why in the world do you want us to download it from your server? That's a complete waste of a connection. That's almost as bad as the n00b server that has 20+ wads added to it.

Exactly my points.

1.) If I put this WAD on the forums and such, tens, maybe hundreds of people would play the beta. Ok not that much but you get the point.
2.) If I put the WAD for download to play Co-Op with us, MUCH LESS People would play it
3.) That's what i'm aiming for right now, since I want maximum impact with the mod itself is released. If more people played the BETA, some would get Bored and not bother with the actual Mod itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back