Error with wall textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
I could go ahead and explain every last detail of what I'm doing, or I could just cut to the chase, I use WadAuthor and I've been trying to make a level, I went over all the tutorials the site links too, and I've gotten almost everything to work (A bit better than I hoped) but no matter what I do, I can't solve this one problem, whenever I try to make a wall, it always displays in the console that it was unable to find the texture, and replaces it with the redwall, I've used the textures that the program marks as usable and no matter which one I try, it always messes up, can someome explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

I have an answer to that. But I have to ask a question to answer it and I might get shot for it.

It's coming

Give it time.

Why do people us WadAuthor? Use Doom Builder! I see more problems from WadAuthor on the boards than I do from Doom Builder.
*fragged*

If you have Doom2 loaded as the Game WAD in WADAuthor, you're probably picking a texture that exists in Doom 2, not SRB2.

WadAuthor is easier to use in most cases. Also, I like to be able to control everything at once. While this may or may not be possible to do, my original comment still stands.

I hate the expiration date on wadauthor and the fact that you have to buy it.

There are some reasons that I don't use it anymore.
1: too easy
2:You don't have to go through that thok barrier procedure
3:it doesn't let you access all of the features if you don't buy it.
4: i hate time limits.

It's easier than Wadauthor is, Ritz.
1 reason is that it's freeware.

The only problems with doom builder are that:

There are some "holes" in the sectors if you make it kind of wrong.

If it could be programmed to disable the limit, then that would be cool.

Who would ever sell a wad editor anyway?

Will the date be gone forever?
I'm wondering if it will.

fox.dx2 said:
If it could be programmed to disable the limit, then that would be cool.
That's call a crack. A crack usually replaces some files and takes away the trial/demo/watever. Go to google.com and search for crack :wink:

It should be noted that I had a much harder time setting up Doom Builder in the first place than I ever did by simply unzipping WadAuthor once every month.

WadAuthor is much simpler, faster and more convenient, in my opinion. Most notably due to the fact that WadAuthor doesn't require you to 'draw' sectors with linedefs. One might argue that the sector drawing allows for more organic landscape, but I can do the same with fervent use of the X-key shortcut. In half the time, I might add.

Ritz said:
It should be noted that I had a much harder time setting up Doom Builder in the first place than I ever did by simply unzipping WadAuthor once every month.

WadAuthor is much simpler, faster and more convenient, in my opinion. Most notably due to the fact that WadAuthor doesn't require you to 'draw' sectors with linedefs. One might argue that the sector drawing allows for more organic landscape, but I can do the same with fervent use of the X-key shortcut. In half the time, I might add.

Control+insert Ritz, you get the same thing as WA if you don't like the right clicking mania.

Thanks Ritz, it is easier. It has vertices editing properties, linedef properties,
and sectors all in one.

Now i know that doombuilder sucks to it.

edit: now it only lets me use it for 15 days. also, it says not to violate the program's trust in the tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back