Science: B

English: A

History: B

Tech aps: A

Math: A

P.E.: A

Doing pretty good, I guess.

Except I have a... Erm.... Problem.

I'm not going to tell you about it, because it's personal and really has nothing to do with school, but instead affects it. And the rest of my life. It's very annoying, the freakin' brain disorder...

Thankfully, my friends know how to see through it. :)

Math: A
English: A
French: A
Chorus: A
P.E.: A
Intro Engineering: A
Biology: B
Social Studies:C-

NOTE:: That's saying what I *could* do if I tried. Right now, my GPA is a B+, over all. And, yeah, I *suck* at Social Studies. x3 By the way, I am in 10th grade. 8D skool r b so hard i cant wurk rite lolo *Shot*

9th grade:

Math Support: B-
P.E.: A-
English: B
Biology: A-
Art: A
Algebra: C- (-_-)

Other than Algebra, I'm doing great.

We don't grade like that in my school...

Anyway, I'm Year 9 (that's third form) and I excel in all the subjects I have at the moment, which isn't too surprising, because I'm in the A class (think accelerate)

PoisonUnagi said:
We don't grade like that in my school...

Anyway, I'm Year 9 (that's third form) and I excel in all the subjects I have at the moment, which isn't too surprising, because I'm in the A class (think accelerate)

What do you mean about third form anyway?

Apologies for the massive two-year bump here, but I just had to post these GCSE Exam results I got today. =3

English Language - C
English Literature - C
Maths - A*
Science - A
Welsh (Short Course - Foundation Tier) - C
ICT (Short Course - Foundation Tier) - C
Art - A
French - B
Music - A*
RS - C

(Yay, I passed everything! =D )

Ugh school. I'm not going to waste my time posting all of my classes but I have all A's and B's and one C in physics. High school is a pain, enjoy middle school while you can young ones.

I start school next tuesday, and it'll be my last year of High School. I'm pretty excited as I'm taking a semester long program on Graphics Design which will take all of the day except for my first class.

Got my AS Level (1st year college) results on Wednesday, AABC (Computing, Maths, Business, Physics).

I just got my results and I seem to have done alright or myself... I aced Japanese and even managed to scrape B's and C's in all my subjects I suck at... Now I live in Australia it seems like I've been given an extra chance, so it's time to have Round 2 at those exams!

I'm not sure about whether that's good or bad...

I mostly get A's and B's in my school. If this topic lives, I might post my progress report once I get one. (Though my school wont even start until Sept. 7th.)

- I find Algebra extremely easy, I seriously don't see why everyone else in my school find it very difficult
- English is straightforward, mostly do decent in it
- History is my main weak subject, I just need to try harder in general on it, as I get bored easily
- Home + Careers was straightforward and easy
- Music History was boring and easy
- Art was fun, easy as well
- Health was easy
- German takes a lot of memorizing, but I do fine in it
- Technology Education is fun and simple if you listen and you know what you're doing
- Digital Communications was similar to a computer class, which was definitely my type of class

Last edited:
I will refrain from explaining the German grade system to you for the purpose of this topic, so let's just say I'm doing well. Which is good considering this is the last year of school for me.

I just graduated. That being the case, school went great.

I usually did awesome on anything English related, as it's one of my fortes. I was pretty much the king of my writing class, and was always the one writing the essays or creative stories that people remember.

Math was not so good. While in geometry and similar studies, I usually did well, and somewhat enjoyed it, I did pretty bad in some parts of algebra, and though I didn't do so bad in Consumer math, I absolutely hated it. I guess that stuff is probably pretty important, too.
For the life of me, I cannot remember how functions work now, despite having restudied them to the point of mastery multiple times.

History I had a lot of enthusiasm for, once I got working with the right materials. The sad thing is, some of it isn't sticking with me at all. Even though I just studied ancient history within the last years, I can't even remember what part the Greeks played in the capture of Jerusalem, as evidenced by a somewhat discussion with Metal-Rawr the other day. Contrary to a lot of common attitudes, I view History to be a critically important study in the long run, especially if you're ever going to be in any leadership position. That includes about everyone. :p
The lessons we can learn from history are key, because they allow us to make good decisions without having to go through the trial and error that those before us did. Sometimes those decisions can change the course of history.

As for Science, I loved Biology, and thrived so well in it to the point where I'm approaching it as my career. Chemistry and Physics were a different story. Whenever it was approached from a logic based, reasoning approach, I did well. The problem is, few materials do that. More often than not, they just lazily throw these formulas and variables at you, with very weak explanation to why they do what they do. I think it was Kalaron who, in IRC one day, said to me, "It's almost like the people that write this stuff don't care about the subject enough to actually make it interesting, so they just find the quickest laziest way to write it and get it over with." (Keep in mind, that is not an exact quote, I'm only recalling it from memory)

As for other subjects, I've taken a lot of electives over the years, such as computer programming, logic, and economics. I won't bother explaining them in full, but I'll say this: each of those I was glad to have taken, and I learned a lot from them.

Now that I've graduated, I plan on doing some distance learning, taking some CLEP tests, and advancing towards a degree in biology. With that, I plan on getting a job with the DEC, as an aquatic biologist. In the area I live, there is a lot of lakes and rivers, and as such, there are a lot of jobs.

Also, as a purely voluntary study I'm going to be taking Greek classes at a nearby school which offers open classes.

Aaand... Once I get a job and a car, I want to take some horseback riding lessons at a nearby stable. No, that has nothing to do with my pony obsession. That's been something I've been wanting to do since before I realized that friendship really is magic.

I will refrain from explaining the German grade system to you for the purpose of this topic, so let's just say I'm doing well. Which is good considering this is the last year of school for me.

I would have liked to know :´(

Either way:

Spanish: 14
English: 20
Math: 13
Health: 15
Biology: 14
Venezuelan History: 20
Universal History: 18
Art: 10
Technical Drawing: 12
Field education: 17

Out of 20, I know, lowest are Tech drawing and Art, but that's because I seriosly only work about half the classes.

I would have liked to know :´(
From first to ninth grade, we use 1-6, 1 being the best and 6 being the worst. 1-4 are more or less the same as A-D, while 5 and 6 are two different shades of F. From tenth to twelfth grade (I'm in twelfth right now), we use a system of 0-15 points. Anything below 5 means you failed. Above that, it gets gradually better.

My scores last year were between 11 and 15, with an average of 12.9. That amounts to a 1.36 in the other system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back