Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://soundcloud.com/wesley_g/sunshine-atoll-zone-act-2

And here it is. I know first off people are gonna complain about how the strings are too realistic. Well, my answer to that, in all honesty, is I know, and I don't really care. Perhaps if I feel it's necessary, I'll change it, but... I don't right now.

I did a lot better of a job on it than on SAZ1, compositionally and everything. I had a GREAT time with that guitar, also. It's... A teensy bit short though. When I do my final touch ups, I might have to find a way to lengthen it somewhere.

http://soundcloud.com/wesley_g/sunshine-atoll-zone-act-2

And here it is. I know first off people are gonna complain about how the strings are too realistic. Well, my answer to that, in all honesty, is I know, and I don't really care. Perhaps if I feel it's necessary, I'll change it, but... I don't right now.

I did a lot better of a job on it than on SAZ1, compositionally and everything. I had a GREAT time with that guitar, also. It's... A teensy bit short though. When I do my final touch ups, I might have to find a way to lengthen it somewhere.

No problem at all, love it. You can clearly tell it's an Act 2 version.

Awesome! The song really fits the jungle/tropical theme of the level, and the guitar clearly makes the song distinct from Act 1! So, what do you think you'll work on next?

Awesome! The song really fits the jungle/tropical theme of the level, and the guitar clearly makes the song distinct from Act 1! So, what do you think you'll work on next?

Huh, I dunno. I was thinking probably the boss themes. I was browsing through some of my oldest songs that I made when I first got into Midi making, and I found a crappy song that I had thrown together. The thing is, it's only crappy because I made it that way. A little touching up with what I know now, and I think it would make an AWESOME boss theme that I could easily redo the instrumentation on for each boss. We'll see though.

Last edited:
Huh, I dunno. I was thinking probably the boss themes. I was browsing through some of my oldest songs that I made when I first got into Midi making, and I found a crappy song that I had thrown together. The thing is, it's only crappy because I made it that way. A little touching up with what I know now, and I think it would make an AWESOME boss theme that I could easily redo the instrumentation on for each boss. We'll see though.

So for the Sunshine Atoll Boss, it would have Tropical Instruments, and for the Fume Shaft Zone, it would be an 8-bit soundfont, etc.?

Ah ! I saw this in your signature, and it is finally available.
It's very well done at the theme of the beach / tropical.
But do you think you will succeed to creating music for each level ? If so, it may take a long time !

Loops well? But there's a big break of dead air at the end of it. Or do you mean how well it loops if that wasn't there?

Now that I have that teensy weensy piece of criticism out of the way, let me say that this might be my new favorite track. It's just perfect.

Well, it wasn't as "energetic" as I thought it would be. It sounds more like an event theme than a boss theme. I mean, it's good, but it doesn't fully fit the "battle" theme of the boss. Nevermind, I just played it in-game. The fast-tempo digital sounds make it a fitting boss theme!

Last edited:
Okay, here's my honest review after playing this entire pack.

The levels are okay, but they all need to be cooler. I'd say this pack needs to be about 20% cooler.

And only now do I realize this was a Rainbow Dash reference.

Fawfulfan said:
Loops well? But there's a big break of dead air at the end of it. Or do you mean how well it loops if that wasn't there?

Exactly. Like I've said before, when all the songs are finished, I'll do some clean up of the songs, take care of any flaws I've taken note of, and clip to the right length. Then, I'll send you a zip with them all, proceed to post them on the youtube, and celebrate and bask in the completion of my first project.

I love this level pack. The levels are big and good for netplay. I could only go to the act 2 of that volcano level because I'm a nob. Awesome!

SURPRISE!!!

Bet you weren't expecting this!

Although I kind of came to a halt on Snowcap Nimbus, I haven't been doing nothing.

Oh, and Kurby. *I.

Ah, what a brilliant time to be searching the internet at 3:30am!
Beautiful rather Jazzy piece, yet it still contains that slight dark element in the background.
Keep 'em coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back