Mysterious pirated GBA game? Sonic world: the AND adventure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

I was looking for my PSP in my brother's room and discovered a game called "Sonic world: the and adventure"
I was curious seeing how they put a sonic advance picture on it and tried copying the nintendo license as well as the E for everyone rating. I sat and played it on my DS lite, and found that it was Sonic 1 for GBA.
"Restart"
"Original mode"
"Anniversary mode"
"Jukebox"
"Options"
Anniversary mode?
Going on restart caused you to appear stuck in Star light carnival and you have 777 lives and you keep dying. The second time i was stuck and couldnt move and only could look up or down. The sounds in this game were different to the normal Sonic 1, and the sega screen had the sound recorded from Sonic 1.
Original mode played just like Sonic 1. The camera in this game was closer and followed you alot differently. I cannot get pictures right now, I'll do it tomorrow, its night here and I'm tired.
But one more thing to add;
Anniversary mode was the same but had different sounds and had spindash.
Tell me what you think of it or if you know of it. I certainly don't.

...Sonic 1 for GBA.
Infamously terrible port job that was sold in stores around the same time as Sonic 2006. Outdone by Stealth, who single-handedly made a perfect port of Green Hill Zone. The porters were just... lazy. Real lazy.

Anniversary mode?
A normal part of that porting disaster. The horrible sounds and the badly scaled (read: not at all) graphics are also naturally part of it.

Going on restart caused you to appear stuck in Star light carnival and you have 777 lives and you keep dying.
Sounds like not only is it a pirated cart, someone decided to hack something weird into it for no reason. What boggles my mind is the fact that the pirates actually thought someone would buy this.
... Well, apparently your brother did.

Last edited:
Sonic 1 for GBA.

Ah yes, infamous crapfest Sonic Genesis for the GBA. From what I've read, the graphics can't keep up with the rest of the game, it's glitchy beyond all belief... among other things.

Going on restart caused you to appear stuck in Star light carnival and you have 777 lives and you keep dying. The second time i was stuck and couldnt move and only could look up or down.

...And this is what happens when somebody makes a bad hack of an already bad game.

I've got some pictures of the cartridge on my Iphone, but I don't know how to transfer images from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back