Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
http://www.deusex.com/

So, the new Deus Ex game has been released in America for several days now and is being released in Europe later today. I'm surprised there has been no thread about it already to be honest, surely there must be a few Deus Ex fans here, right?

Judging from the positive reviews, Human Revolution seems to be a worthy successor to the original Deus Ex while avoiding the problems that plagued Invisible War.

It has been a long time since I have been genuinely excited for a new release and it feels good. I really am looking forward to savouring the contents of this delicious package. Although I expect as AI has advanced from the hillariously simplistic limitations present in the original Deus Ex, my plans to complete a pacifist run on my first playthrough are likely going to be much harder.

If you haven't read, Gamestop has recalled the game because of Square's partnership with Onlive. Originally, the game had a coupon which allowed you to play the game for free on Onlive. The top heads of Gamestop told shops to open the games and pull the coupon out. This lead to tension with Square and Gamestop just gave up and told stores to send back the game.
http://videogamewriters.com/exclusi...an-revolution-amidst-onlive-controversy-21768

This is a newer article and it seems Gamestop is pulling it because they are making their own cloud service.

I haven't played Deus Ex 1, but from other people's opinion of the game, it seems like Deus Ex:HR was good but didn't please the fans. It sorta reminds me of Bioshock 1 and 2, where the first was so good that everyone kept thinking that 2 wasn't as nearly as good.

I personally have been playing HR. It's pretty cool but if feels like there is something missing. From what I've seen, most of the augments you can select are useless, and some of them are required to make a stealthy playthrough, which sucks on your first time through. How am I supposed to know that the next level requires me to pick up a heavy container to make it easier to get through stealthy?

I think the main complaint with this game is that if you chose to play lethal and guns blazing, the game is nearly impossible. I think that this is countered by the fact that the game is trying to be a realistic future, and because of that you can't just go in guns blazing without some tactic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back