Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still curious whether or not the Wii U has some sort of extra modes, much like how the 3DS version has Smash Run (which I love the heck out of btw). Guessing from the Wii U menu picture which you can see by trying to connect to the Wii U from the 3DS, there probably is considering how many options there are on the main menu. The only mystery is... what?

The 3DS technically has two extra modes if you consider the StreetPass Smash battles. But as for the Wii U, I doubt there will be any exclusive mode for it.

But I agree that Smash Run is very fun, and I did not mean to add that rhyming pun. Though it's also very random in a funny way; playing as Popeye the Sailor man, running around fighting goombas and Sky Sanctuary Egg Robos, while a Megaman song plays in the background. (Popeye is overpowered though, I equipped him with an item that makes his smash attacks hyper strong, and able to be charged for longer).

Pretty sure this was the best way to end a match, ever.

Thought it was technically not a GAME-SET, I can't help but... find it a bit unfortunate that you'll just never be as fancy as I was at 1:55 of my game.
jHkltnwdoiFRa.jpg

izhVyDMvqr12F.png

Yes.

YOU'RE GETTING IT LATE. Also before you retort, remember US date format is differently set up.

I already have the 3DS version anyway, no point in getting just a non-portable graphically beefed up version of the same game with different levels.
Pfft, okay.

Have fun playing on your circle pad, forever busting your fingers while you miss out on different modes, possible DLC, and have to ask your friends to buy expensive 3DS systems with their own copy of Smash Bros when they could simply plug in a controller on a single CD on the big screen.

Last edited:
Have fun playing on your circle pad, forever busting your fingers while you miss out on different modes, possible DLC, and have to ask your friends to buy expensive 3DS systems with their own copy of Smash Bros when they could simply plug in a controller on a single CD on the big screen.
And lag free! Anywho...two more matches with Falcon, this time against Dark Pit. Tried out some advanced movement techniques during some of the down time (1:25)...don't let me down, circle pad.

pianophil (Falcon) vs Fang (Dark Pit)

Last edited:
Pfft, okay.

1.) Circle pad plays fine, I have not experienced one problem with it while playing any 3ds game.

2.) Not DLCs have been confirmed, and 3DS can support DLCs.

3.) Download play doesn't require another person with a 3ds to own a copy of the game.

4.) The 3ds and Wii U will have the same gametypes, excluding the exclusives StreetPass Smash and Smash Run on the 3DS.

@Ultimate: I've only had one game where I've experienced lag, and that lag did not last long, or affect gameplay.

Really I see no flaw in the 3ds version (Besides a few map choices). Not in gameplay, not in functionality, and not in graphics.

I know once the superior Wii U version arrives, I won't play the 3DS one nearly as much from then on, unless I'm going out somewhere pretty far.

Shall I give out my verdict? Yeah why not?

Pros & Cons of the game:

Pros:

+ Awesome soundtrack once again. Melee Menu V2 blew my friggin ears off. It is amazing!

+The majority of the characters are diverse and offer unique gameplay (minus a few clones) so I love the fact there's always something new when you choose a different fighter and to me, that's how it should be.

+Smash Run is addictive as hell and makes you work hard to gain the powerups and to win overall. I like the last round competitions where there's a variety e.g. a Smash match, race to the finish, enemy killing, etc. Adds a lot of variety and doesn't get boring.

+Some may agree or not, but the online mode is actually good for once. Yeah it can have some lag occasionally, but it's far better than SSBB's by long shot.

+Removal of cheap edge guarding is a plus in my book. Reducing cheap kills.

+Classic Mode has a final boss which actually tries hard to tear the living shit out of you if you're going for a higher difficulty, so you actually have to work for it to earn it.

+Stage selection is pretty nice (for the most part)

+Controls are nice and smooth and doesn't take much time to get used to, nor do you need to smash the buttons to get anywhere.

+The graphics and the 3D effects are gorgeous.

+Duck Hunt Dog's inclusion + infamous laugh as a taunt = Priceless

Cons:

-Some of the character choices seem a bit iffy (I'm looking at you Dr.Mario and Dark Pit) they could easily be alt costumes for Mario and Pit respectfully. If they did it for Bowser Jr, surely it wouldn't of been that difficult right?

-Trophies seem to be way too easy to get in this game than the previous 2 Smash titles which have had trophies in. I managed to get 300 within the first 2 days getting it and that's playing it on and off when I'm doing Uni assignments.

-Clone characters seem to be slapped on and called a day. Sure, some may of had a few stat changes and a few new fancy moves but it would of been nice to see them have their own proper moveset instead of being ripped copies of original fighters.

-The secret fighters were way too easy to unlock. And having 30+ starting characters seems a bit too high. I think maybe 20 or 25 of them would of been better.

-Some of the new character voices make me cringe. Again, just a minor personal nitpick.

Is SSB4 (3DS) worth it: Damn right it is, the wait was well worth it and even newcomers to the series can easily jump right in after a bit of practice. Although SSBB was pretty great, this one is much more fleshed out and just goes to show a lot of effort was put into it. Definitely the best Smash yet!

Last edited:
Only difference between the two are graphics and maps. While the graphics are greater on the WiiU, and have better maps, the 3ds balances it out with the extra modes, custom characters, and portability. Although I'm getting the Wii U version aswell, I doubt I will call it superior to the 3ds one.

Edit: Agree with HyperKnux

Last edited:
Only difference between the two are graphics and maps.

You're sorely misinformed. Wii U will have much more differences compared to the 3ds version, even Smash Run which should've been damn obvious.

Please people, actually read into stuff like this before just saying "yea only x is happening".

You're sorely misinformed. Wii U will have much more differences compared to the 3ds version, even Smash Run which should've been damn obvious.

Please people, actually read into stuff like this before just saying "yea only x is happening".

How about you read more than one sentence before bashing?
same exact post that you are referring to said:
the 3ds balances it out with the extra modes [and] custom characters...

And also read posts above yours.

An earlier post of mine said:
[both games] will have the same gametypes, excluding the exclusives StreetPass Smash and Smash Run on the 3DS.

seriously, read the posts before making a judgment.

Side note, characters equipped with 3 strength boosters = op like you've never seen before. I created a Mii character who uses 3 strength power ups, and he can now KO an enemy with a single smash attack. One quick smash (not charged up) can deal 30 dmg, and launch the enemy pretty far. If I recall correctly, the Mii character that I used this on had strength of 72? Or something around that number. However he has -13 defense and 0 speed. Still, one-hit KOs is worth that little sacrifice :p.

Last edited:
Pfft, okay.

Jackass, there is an option to switch to arrows and I already did when i first got the game. I don't care about different modes or expensive fucking dlc, and my friends already have the game on their 3DS's. Not to mention I wouldn't even fucking ask them that shit because it's a stupid thing to do. Why is everyone in this topic fucking lashing out at me for having the 3DS version? The general gameplay is exactly the same, I don't care about modes or any shit like that, i'm just in it because it's fucking smash bros. on the go.

Jackass, there is an option to switch to arrows and I already did when i first got the game. I don't care about different modes or expensive fucking dlc, and my friends already have the game on their 3DS's. Not to mention I wouldn't even fucking ask them that shit because it's a stupid thing to do. Why is everyone in this topic fucking lashing out at me for having the 3DS version? The general gameplay is exactly the same, I don't care about modes or any shit like that, i'm just in it because it's fucking smash bros. on the go.

you're raging at a guy who owns and plays the 3DS version

you might be over-exaggerating his "dislike" of the handheld

jesus christ, calm down

No-one is lashing out at you because you have a specific version, I think you seem to be over-exaggerating and even aggressive at Iceman's opinion of the 3DS version. Just chill out a bit.

As for the Wii U's features itself, I'll have to see what it has to offer before I can pass any judgement. Lucky I have a good friend who will be getting the Wii U version so I'll be giving that a shot before I review that version. Will be interesting to make some comparisons to it (minus the graphics and the music as the Wii U will easily expand upon that) still I'm happy to have a portable one to take with me wherever and whenever I want to.

@Terraforming: My previous posts sorta negate all the point iceman stated anyways :p. As I said earlier, both versions have and will have their pros and cons which will balance each other out.

Either way, the 3ds version is a great success in my opinion, and I think the Wii U one will have the same result.

On a side note, Cruel Smash is still ridiculous, and I can still use that Kirby shortcut to get quick and easy kills in that mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back