Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to listen to my roommates playing Super Smash Brothers for hours almost every freaking day while I'm trying to study. That has created a negative association with the game. Nonetheless, I did try the 3DS demo and could imagine how myself in a parallel universe might be perfectly delighted with it. Yes. Shadowkarob loves SSB.

Maaan, I must be the only one here without a 3DS. I tried the demo on my friend's 3DS and I must say it reminds me of using Classic Controller on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Enjoy your game, I'll wait for Wii U version.

Uair chains OOS is an easy reliable combo for Mario on low% characters, but he also has other pretty good aerial chains if you make the right reads (like the one in your video). That's basically the one definitive buff Mario got in this game; unfortunately his KO potential, range, and recovery all still mediocre, but if you can combine his close quarters ability and throws with his gimping ability, then this shouldn't be too much of an issue. He's definitely better than his Brawl incarnate (thank god), but I would still prefer to play someone like Marth or Lucina, who have less of a problem approaching characters who have a longer reach on their attacks, and they feel more jack-of-all-trades-ish than Mario as a result.

And honestly speaking, that Yoshi was kinda garbage lol, nevermind the greedy specials.... He could have easily escaped that combo from at least 50%, maybe lower, but he decided to Nair when he should have just jumped or air-dodged away. Speaking of which, Yoshi is really good in this game. He can exert so much pressure on the ground or in the air, and his grabs, shield, and double jump suck less. I think eggs got some sort of buff too. He also has a similar sort of Uair chain like Mario, but it's not as powerful and I don't think you can follow a down throw into it.

Uair chains OOS is an easy reliable combo for Mario on low% characters, but he also has other pretty good aerial chains if you make the right reads (like the one in your video). That's basically the one definitive buff Mario got in this game; unfortunately his KO potential, range, and recovery all still mediocre, but if you can combine his close quarters ability and throws with his gimping ability, then this shouldn't be too much of an issue. He's definitely better than his Brawl incarnate (thank god), but I would still prefer to play someone like Marth or Lucina, who have less of a problem approaching characters who have a longer reach on their attacks, and they feel more jack-of-all-trades-ish than Mario as a result.

And honestly speaking, that Yoshi was kinda garbage lol, nevermind the greedy specials.... He could have easily escaped that combo from at least 50%, maybe lower, but he decided to Nair when he should have just jumped or air-dodged away. Speaking of which, Yoshi is really good in this game. He can exert so much pressure on the ground or in the air, and his grabs, shield, and double jump suck less. I think eggs got some sort of buff too. He also has a similar sort of Uair chain like Mario, but it's not as powerful and I don't think you can follow a down throw into it.
To the second part:
Took the words out of my mouth.

Kid Icarus characters ftw.

I already knew the Yoshi player was extremely bad.

If you're playing on an omega stage that isn't floating, Mario's recovery ability is absolutely absurd because of things like wall jumping. Not to mention his Super Jump Punch can be angled so extremely, ala SSB64. I've actually managed to go straight up with it from the bottom of the screen on battle field, using the final frames to snap onto the ledge. It's absolutely ridiculous sometimes to see happen. If he's below you vertically, it is just impossible to edge guard him because of how quick his Up + B, plowing right through the stage's edge, is if you're near it. It's quite dangerous to try to do so if the Mario player knows what they're doing, especially if they're above you, considering they can counter with that meteor smash pretty easily.

His nuetral aerial, the sex kick, pulls out extremely fast which prevents him from being combo'd by pretty much anyone in the game; and holds out for quite a while, so you can just fall onto people with it. You can run and shorthop it to basically clash or stop any attack, or use it to chain into even MORE up tilts or grabs because of its minimal landing lag. I usually have to play against everyone differently considering who they're using. His downthrow combos basically wrap up any game on aggresive players, and the annoying gimpy fireballs let him space other ones or edge campers.

Dunno if you've even tried Mario yet, his KO potential is fantastic in this game. A short-hop forward aerial is a guaranteed KO off the edge, and the sweet spot of his side-smash was enlarged and can blow people away from half the screen at 75% now usually. So far I haven't lost a match with him, besides fucking up against D00D accidently.

He's really GOOD in this game, still might not be everyone's cup of tea though because of how "vanilla" he is. I'd say he's a balanced guy who has no real weaknesses but no ridiculous strengths. To win you still have to do a lot of work.

Last edited:
Mario's my oldest main actually; I didn't find him as impressive as you were saying, but I think he's at least viable. My friend code is 1908-0492-3394, add me so we can compare notes.

SSB3DS - America takes a stand against communism: http://youtu.be/t8YhEkDZgis

I'll be mostly busy this week with college, but sure! I can't get my code anytime right now, but you might find it if you go to IRC.

Sure thing then, but just drop by IRC late at night and I'm usually there to play after anyways.

vikings_cgreenway52_jumpflex.gif

That shit was so amazing, I am going to upload it ASAP

11/21/2014 officialy confirmed for the wii u version release! FOR THE USA!

Last edited:
11/21/2014 officialy confirmed for the wii u version release!

We're not stupid. We know that isn't the release date. It says the release date on the smash website. I already have the 3DS version anyway, no point in getting just a non-portable graphically beefed up version of the same game with different levels.

We're not stupid. We know that isn't the release date. It says the release date on the smash website. I already have the 3DS version anyway, no point in getting just a non-portable graphically beefed up version of the same game with different levels.

First off, it says on the main site that that IS the Wii U's version release date. Might want to reconsider the "We're not stupid" comment.

Secondly, nobody cares if you don't want the Wii U version. The Wii U version will be better in just about every way compared to the 3ds version anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back