More Server Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Posted by Cue on 01-18-2011 07:52 PM.

If you tried to get on the site or message board (or MS or Minecraft) in the past 36 hours, you would have been greeted with errors* followed by no connection. Our hard drive failed and the /tmp filesystem went into Read-Only mode, so MySQL wasn’t working properly. We then rebuilt the server with a new HDD in it, so now we’re all good to go. No data has been lost, we’re just ironing out a couple of kinks. We apologise for the outage in SRB2.org Services, and hope to have everything running at 100% as soon as possible.

* And trust me, the 2317 emails I got from vBulletin telling me there had been MySQL errors was more than enough to show you guys were trying. The message board emails me every time there’s an error, you see.

More...

BUKKIT'S RELEASED?!

Hold up, I couldn't find the server anywhere on the search. Is this IRC-only or something? :< I don't visit the IRC channel, but I'll probably hug the Minecraft server to death. xD

* And trust me, the 2317 emails I got from vBulletin telling me there had been MySQL errors was more than enough to show you guys were trying. The message board emails me every time there’s an error, you see.
You know, you can disable that option in the vBulletin config file. I have vBulletin so I know you can. It's something in there like this...
Code:
****** TECHNICAL EMAIL ADDRESS ******
If it's not, well, I am using vB4 so it might be different since I have the version that is about 10x more newer than this message board is running on...

We have a Minecraft server, though I'm currently installing Bukkit on it.

I'd hold up on that one until you get a public release.

Unless you want to have to restart your world the second someone or something takes damage from the world. (read: Arrows fired from dispensers hitting players, minecarts falling into lava, boats breaking in water currents)

You know, you can disable that option in the vBulletin config file. I have vBulletin so I know you can. It's something in there like this...
Code:
****** TECHNICAL EMAIL ADDRESS ******
If it's not, well, I am using vB4 so it might be different since I have the version that is about 10x more newer than this message board is running on...

10x newer and 10x shittier template system (what the fuck is {vb:whatever something}? That's not easier...).

But no, vBulletin always emails are database issues, and also I kinda want to keep those emails coming through, I'm fully aware it can be disabled but I need to know if the board bugs up.

犬夜叉;699121 said:
I'd hold up on that one until you get a public release.

Unless you want to have to restart your world the second someone or something takes damage from the world. (read: Arrows fired from dispensers hitting players, minecarts falling into lava, boats breaking in water currents)

They begged me for it, so I basically said "Yeahhh, you wanted Bukkit, here's Bukkit, don't blame me if it cocks up because it will.". But yeah, uh, restarting the world doesn't sound too good, so I think I'll switch back.

Last edited:
It only happened 2 times lately...
I'm more than glad the servers came back in time. I had a job in Computer class to make a website about a subject, and I chose SRB2. Without Wiki info, I'd probably fail xO
Edit: Wee, got an A+ on it. Though my teacher was like "Wtf suckish graphics? Meh.", but I ain't complaining. I love SRB2 the way it is.

Last edited:
I've got two 160gb IDE disks I used to run in a RAID1 if you want em for the server... might be nice to have some mirroring.

Server is in a DC, we can't stick any old stuff in there. Also, I doubt it even has IDE, most boards don't these days.

I did notice it went down the other night what happend? My internet didnt brake or timeout... And no its not this one.

I was scared when the website was down. I don't get why the website does that sometimes

Probably because of hard drive issues with the server? And besides, why are you scared? Are you seriously THAT obsessed with SRB2?

(so many question marks. :V)

Though my teacher was like "Wtf suckish graphics? Meh.", but I ain't complaining. I love SRB2 the way it is.
BURN THE TEACHER

Graphics aren't everything, you know. :\

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back