About SRB2.org's downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

This is a new server, and there are likely to be kinks that need to be worked out with it.

The current reason for the downtime is not because the bill for the server hasn't been payed, but because the people running the server haven't taken the payment out. I believe, though I could be mistaken, that this is the reason that it was down last time, to. Logan would be able to tell you definitely if that's what happened.

When SRB2.org goes down, so does everything on it. This includes the Wiki. I do not currently want to move it back, as I expected these kinds of issues when I moved it over. I want to give this more time before I consider switching the Wiki back to Sepwich.

Please be patient, these issues will be resolved eventually. There is no need to worry about things every time there's a hiccup. It's a new server, and these things will happen.

EDIT: If you need to download srb2 and srb2.org is down, look at this link.
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/srb2/download.htm

Sonict Edit: (Added a wiki backup link)

Sonict said:
If the Wiki does go down again, you can just use this link to use google's cached version of the Wiki pages: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=site:wiki.srb2.org&meta=

Basically, how I did it is like this. When you are in google type this in:
site:wiki.srb2.org

Any word you add after what you type in above will search for that word on the site.

For people complaining about how slow it is, that is because of the images that were trying to load from the dead site. If you look at the top after you click the link to the cache version of what you want, it says it can do a text version of the page without the images and by clicking that, the page will load up instantly.

Dark Warrior said:
The current reason for the downtime is not because the bill for the server hasn't been payed, but because the people running the server haven't taken the payment out. I believe, though I could be mistaken, that this is the reason that it was down last time, to.

That was the reason for it being down last time. You're not mistaken.

You know how one of the reasons we moved to the new server was because it was supposed to be more stable than Sepwich? I find this humorous.

It is stable. Downtime due to not taking payment doesn't mean the server itself is unstable.

I hope they can learn how to actually process bills faster; otherwise, I'd rather just have it back up on Sepwich. Sepwich's downtimes just seem to be shorter, from my experience.

I am sure it will be sorted out. In the mean time, I put a link to a mirror of srb2 in the first post.

I understand that internally there is a huge difference, but if the new server winds up experiencing more downtime than Sepwich, technically stability issues or not, it's exactly the same for the end user.

So long as it gets resolved and doesn't happen in the future I suppose it's no big deal, but still.

I have added a link to the google cache version of the Wiki to DW's post so you guys can use that until the Wiki is back up.

They work fine here.

This is G o o g l e's cache of http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Map_Header as retrieved on 23 Jun 2008 21:30:47 GMT.
G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.
This cached page may reference images which are no longer available. Click here for the cached text only.
To link to or bookmark this page, use the following url: http://www.google.com/search?q=cach...r+site:wiki.srb2.org&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=ca

What I bolded is what you should have done since that is why it seems like it doesn't want to work which I explained already in my post.

GemEarthBrandon said:
Man, I will help pay the bill just to get it back to working.
Wow. That's generous. I hope the server gets up and running sooner than we think. Or at least what I think.

GemEarthBrandon said:
glaber said:
If I were you I'd get gas first.

No, I have wings so I can forget about gas. Seriously, I pay an amount to whoever needs it. It must be pretty expensive.
Well I think it would be expensive. It's nice to see someone caring about srb2 for a change. I think SSNTails and the rest of the STJr staff can take care of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back