Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic CD

• Both

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I like all the Sonic Games that I've played, CD and Adventure 2 (Battle) Both have their ups and downs:

Sonic CD:
- Able to travel through time, Even though Sonic 2 was supposed to have that.
- It was essentially the first video game on CD, and not PC CD-ROM.

- Gameplay can go on a bit.
- In my opinion, the level ending music was too long.

Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle):
- Introduction of Shadow and Rogue.
- Able to take care of Chao.

- Sudden camera angles can be quite annoying.
- Bit coincidencial, That the ARK looks moreorless EXACTLY like the Death Egg...

So, I'd go for both.

You can on some other games. I've been told that in GrandTheftAuto2, you can play music CDs instead of the radio. Seeing as there are only 3 levels, you don't have to put the game CD back into the console every 5 minutes.
Plus, in Sonic CD, every time you change Time Zones in Sonic CD, you have to put the disk BACK in. I wouldn't know myself, as I've never owned a Sega CD.

RE4FAN said:
on sonic cd you could play your own music that you own!

Somehow, I think somebody lied to you about your IQ scores.

Anyway, comparing Sonic Adventure 2 to Sonic CD is like comparing apples and barstools. SA2 is a 3D adventure game and Sonic CD is a 2D platformer. Not to mention the 8+ year gap in gaming technology.

For me, both games were fantastic. I'm glad that I now own Sonic CD thanks to Sonic Gems Collection.

Walan said:
RE4FAN said:

Actually, it depends on what he's talking about. If you're using Kega Fusion or Gens to play the Sega CD ROM and use your own batch of MP3's? Sure. Done it myself actually.

I know where to download it but I won't tell on here because it's against the rules. It may seem hard to find because all the big emulation sites force you to subscribe in order to get it.

You know what is a good web site for Sonic-related music and comics?

www.sonicstrike.net/users/sonicroms

Anyways, I didn't like Sonic CD just because it was a boring copy of Sonic 1. I dunno, the lame graphics, the idiotic music, (except maybe some of the US tracks, the JAP/EUR music shall not be spoken of) the repetitive, annoying and boring gameplay...

The only redeeming feature were those special stages. Those were awesome.

I click on ISOs (which are SegaCD roms) and i get the following:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, devin@sonicstrike.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at www.sonicstrike.net Port 80
[/quote]

Arrow said:
Walan said:
RE4FAN said:

Actually, it depends on what he's talking about. If you're using Kega Fusion or Gens to play the Sega CD ROM and use your own batch of MP3's? Sure. Done it myself actually.

I wasn't commenting on what he said, just how he said it.

Actually, I was thinking that he owned the PC version. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to switch the tracks around. I don't have the PC version of Sonic CD, so I'm not entirely sure.

FoxBlitzz said:
Lostgame, that was indeed the site I was referring to. But isn't that warez?

I just said it was good for comics and music, if you choose to use it for that, it's not my fault.

Walan said:
Actually, I was thinking that he owned the PC version. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to switch the tracks around. I don't have the PC version of Sonic CD, so I'm not entirely sure.

Yes, it's possible there too. Simply copy all the files and burn a new copy of the game on your own blank CD with the tracks you want.

It's easier with the ISO of the Sega CD version, because that doesn't require you to use up a blank CD, of course.

If you're running the game on Gens, you can put in your own MP3 files for music. I mixed both the Euro and US tracks to get my favorites in there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back