Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one tiny little bit of critique that I have.
the peach shading on the magenta shoes
looks weird, maybe change the peach to a
slightly darker magenta?

Violo said:
Firstly they aren't slime falls. Secondly, it's from Flame Core in the STH06 mod and thirdly, nice to meet you Shadwonic. You seem, not n00by.

Thanks! I read the Wiki on the rules. Must have made me seem "not n00by".

I've been experimenting with 1.1 colors again. :P This is how it should look in-game: (Please notice that this picture is a quick MSPaint edit of a 1.09 screen shot, because all of the other colors around her are still using 1.09's palette.)
srb200038.png

Still not the exact colors they ought to be, but they're certainly a much closer match than what 1.09's palette has to offer.
Should I use these color choices when the time comes to update BlazeRE for SRB2ME?

I think the other one is better. That one looks like she went to the beach and got a sun tan. But, it's not my Character.

Actually, I think the light blue was a better match. The color itself may be more accurate, but it is too dark. Blaze was a very, very light lavender, but here she just look purple.

It's like looking at a cat version of espio :p. Return it to lightblue, it looked more accurate to her original fur color. Just make the shoes a bit darker.

I have to agree with you guys, the blue is more suiting than 1.1's lavenders. :P

Also, Blue Warrior gave me a great idea at the WADBase about what to do with Blaze's fur color...a palette hack! :P Surprisingly, it isn't as hard to do as I thought it was, XWE has a nice palette editor.
These are just temporary, I was trying out her SR Ending sprites' palette. They're too dark. The crawla's in the picture have messed-up colors, because I lazily edited the blue shades that they and BlazeRE use.
srb20025-4.png

I noticed that the whole range of pinks (16-31) in the palette are completely unused by SRB2. Instead of breaking other colors as seen in the above screenshot, I could just change the pinks that AmyRE and BlazeRE's super form aren't using. After recoloring all of BlazeRE's sprites to the unused pinks, I can include a edited PLAYPAL lump in the WAD that changes those colors to the much needed lavenders. :D The palette hack wouldn't get in the way, and make the sprites more accurate color-wise. What do you guys think of this evil plan? >:P I need to figure out what shades of lavender to use...

Dr.Pepper said:
I noticed that the whole range of pinks (16-31) in the palette are completely unused by SRB2.
Nope. The Christmas brick texture uses them. Also, it's used for colourmaps since Software only has 256 colours.

I'll Begin said:
Dr.Pepper said:
I noticed that the whole range of pinks (16-31) in the palette are completely unused by SRB2.
Nope. The Christmas brick texture uses them. Also, it's used for colourmaps since Software only has 256 colours.

The picture of Baby Sonic which you see when starting SRB2 also uses those pinks.

I'll Begin said:
The Christmas bricks used them? Ah well, I can always edit the pinks they aren't using. :P
Also, I've only seen them used for color-mapping in multiplayer mode, (Correct me if I'm wrong.) and those pinks look atrocious on most characters. I doubt most would care if a few of those shades were changed.
Monster Iestyn said:
The picture of Baby Sonic which you see when starting SRB2 also uses those pinks.
It does? I'm about to kick myself for not noticing all these years I've been playing SRB2. >_>
I'm having second thoughts on the palette hack because of all this. I can't just change the purples either, since I need one too many colors for her fur. Maybe I just should wait for when SRB2ME is released, and brighten it's set of lavenders?

I used SSN's Sonic sprites as a base, surprisingly. :P
PLAY1-2.png
PLAY28-1.png
PLAY37.png
PLAYA4A61.png
PLAYA5-2.png

BLAZEA1-5.png
BLAZEA2A8-5.png
BLAZEA3A7-5.png
BLAZEA4A6-5.png
BLAZEA5-5.png

Also, I'm definitely saving the palette hack for SRB2ME. 1.09's palette just doesn't have enough purples for me to use.

GAH, THE BLACK OUTLINED TAIL IS BACK!
Seriously, it looks better without the black outline.
And you still haven't fixed the peach on the shoes.
EDIT: Changed all the things that I thought needed fixing:
hbla.png

The tips of the hair aren't supposed to be purple, the black outline yes needs fixing, but the peach is fine, I hardly ever notice and it's used for lighter colours of purple without it being too light.

She looks slightly morbid there though. I mean, while she is quite serious, it's not exactly right here, I think. Maybe only in running animations, just like SSN's Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back