Forum Rules - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ban is your warning. We had a system like warning people before and then we would ban them after they got three of them, it didn't work out. This is why the system is like this.

Sik said:
They do sometimes forgive it. Otherwise I would have been banned when I posted the link to the full version of Ether Vapor without knowing it wasn't freeware >_>

Sonic T forgave me 1 or 2 times I think.

I also agree with Kay,1 warning would be enough.

I understand the context, but it's still a one-word post. WHY did you think Cheese answered the question. We don't run poll topics here.

Finally, the reason we don't run warnings is that we found that a slap on the wrist simply didn't work. We've give them a warning and it almost NEVER did anything. When they got their first 3 day ban was when they inevitably paid attention. I know this sounds harsh, but the 3 day ban and 7 day bans ARE the warning to shape up or be removed from the forum permanently.

You know, it could be even worst - direct permban, with no tempbans at all. And normally, when you talk about banning, you talk about that one. So tempbans are by discard the warnings.

Sik said:
When somebody is banned and makes an alternate account to evade it.

Dark fox beat you by like 3 minutes.

You know when we move,are we going to stay the same as now.
(No smilies,I sigs,No polls)
Are the rules going to stay?

About the grammar rule if you misspell a word do you get a ban?
D=

Autosaver said:
D=
No, it's if you mispell a lot of words all the time :/ Same goes with capitalization and punctuaction. Ocassional errors don't count, doing it all the time does. It just must be easily readable.

Sik said:
Autosaver said:
D=
No, it's if you mispell a lot of words all the time :/ Same goes with capitalization and punctuaction. Ocassional errors don't count, doing it all the time does. It just must be easily readable.
Here is a example of what sik is talking about:
Good: This was done before, try making your's different.
Bad: tihs was done befor chenge it

I've got a question on the rules.

Is privately arguing, or henceforth disagreeing with and voicing your opinion on the moderators allowed? If not, the same except for the rules?

What was it that killed the cat again?

(I think this goes here)

By privately is using PMs? I guess that yes, as long as you're doing it in a civilized form and don't insult them or something like that.

Yeah, privately meant PM. I doubt I would insult anyone, well with them knowing about it anyway, my arguments tend to be a long letter of complaint, or a gigantic email. Both seem to work well, if the person I am arguing with doesn't agree with me then they get more gigantic letters. Paper trails are so much fun, and I think I must be feeling rather suicidal to even ask that question. Thanks Sik.

Sorry about the S_SKIN1 post. I no that doesn't erase the fact that I did something I shouldn't have but I just wanted to apologize for my actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back