The Final Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering, what will the final zersion of SRB2 Look like? Maybe the character models will look just as they do in this generation? Or perhaps maybe the implementation of the classic elements, such as loops, that launcher thing from Carnival Night Zone, or maybe even more? What do you think?

Actually, AdamTheHedgehog was a lot closer to the truth than I'll Begin was. Polyobjects are really just 3D objects in a map that can move in almost any way you want. They're more commonly associated with ZDoom, where they're used for such effects as doors that open horizontally or swing outward.

I suspect they could also be used to make rotating floors or horizontally moving platforms. It all remains to be seen.

AdamTheHedgehog said:
Well, perhaps with polyobjects, a working loop system can be implemented.
You mean having an invisible Polyobject push the player around the loop? Because that wouldn't work: You'd need to flip the sprites.

Yeah, but I mean flip for all 360 degrees, which, while possible could be hard to program. (Although, in some cases, these kind of stuff can be programmed by having another program program it for you)

Tets said:
Actually, AdamTheHedgehog was a lot closer to the truth than I'll Begin was. Polyobjects are really just 3D objects in a map that can move in almost any way you want. They're more commonly associated with ZDoom, where they're used for such effects as doors that open horizontally or swing outward.

I suspect they could also be used to make rotating floors or horizontally moving platforms. It all remains to be seen.
Ooh sweet. The more you know.

Breakage of polyobjects for OpenGL?

You are alienating people who want SRB2 to look half-decent, SSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back