mt_TsukeiRiver.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarroTsu

Over The Speed Limit
http://www.sendspace.com/file/86ji9f

Download. Yippie.

For the love of god, this is not a sapphire falls remake, or clone. It is 100% from scratch, and if you refuse to accept it, you're simply being a loser. If you refuse to take the time in any program with this map and Sapphire falls, and don't attempt to prove me wrong, there's no use in arguing over it if you just fear you'll lose the fight.

Fursious fox refused to accept it in the contest as such. Reguardless, please vote as if it were a contest entry. I'd like to see if it could have been 1st place.

Even if it wasn't just a modified Sapphire Falls, its layout is just way too similar to it to be an acceptable entry.

[23:20] <LC|Drawing> lol extended something something zone is extended.
[23:20] <LC|Drawing> stfu I dun know the zone. :<
[23:20] <LC|Drawing> For the love of god, this is not a sapphire falls remake, or clone. It is 100% from scratch, and if you refuse to accept it, you're simply being a loser. <-- haha, lies
[23:21] * LC|Drawing is now known as Loser_Chaos
[23:21] * Titanium (Titanium@h-68-165-57-138.chcgilgm.dynamic.covad.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[23:21] <Loser_Chaos> lol sup?

But seriously, It is a Sapphire Falls remake, no matter how hard you wish to deny it. I mean at the least you moved some rings and slightly may have extended it lengthwise, You're entitled to live in a fantasy world were up is down, left is right, and this level isn't SFZ. But you will be mocked highly. <_<

If ZTaimat says it's not a Sapphire Falls rip, we just have to take his word for it. Don't accuse him of something we can't confirm, ever.

_PLEASE_ tell me you switched to ZenNode or ZDBSP?

I see I'm well loved by the morons who refuse to have fun until proven wrong. At least one person doesn't care either way.

I use glbspwin220. Probably not the best node builder, but at least it isn't dos. It usually works perfectly, this time however, it didn't want to. If it's completly unplayable in Ogl, don't play it, SRB2's unsupported anyway.

Okay, let's put it this way, ZTaimat - Even if it isn't directly edited off of Sapphire Falls, it's so damn similar that it accounts as plagiarism either way. Now, a lot of good ideas have come from bastardizing existing maps. Hydro Plant Zone is an edit of Chaos Space, for example, and I think that's one of the better match stages in the rotation.

However, claiming this map is original is just laughable. Just look at the screenshot comparisons. For about 5 seconds when I saw them originally on IRC, I thought the screenshot comparison was between two versions of Sapphire Falls, and I was trying to figure out what versions they were. It took a good 10 seconds for me to realize it was a different map from the screenshot.

I don't mind people making maps that are derivative works of mine. However, don't claim that your map isn't a ripoff when it clearly is, as that IS annoying. It doesn't matter whether you made the map from scratch or not, the end result is so close to SFZ that it could be considered an edit.

Ztaimat use SRB2FFH for releasing wads. Since sendspace expires your download link eventually for being hosted too long. That way there won't be any n00bs asking for wads when left too long. Just some advice ;).

metalsonic5555 said:
[23:20] <LC|Drawing> lol extended something something zone is extended.
[23:20] <LC|Drawing> stfu I dun know the zone. :<
[23:20] <LC|Drawing> For the love of god, this is not a sapphire falls remake, or clone. It is 100% from scratch, and if you refuse to accept it, you're simply being a loser. <-- haha, lies
[23:21] * LC|Drawing is now known as Loser_Chaos
[23:21] * Titanium (Titanium@h-68-165-57-138.chcgilgm.dynamic.covad.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[23:21] <Loser_Chaos> lol sup?

But seriously, It is a Sapphire Falls remake, no matter how hard you wish to deny it. I mean at the least you moved some rings and slightly may have extended it lengthwise, You're entitled to live in a fantasy world were up is down, left is right, and this level isn't SFZ. But you will be mocked highly. <_<
and you're entitled to live in a fanstasy world where you don't have to spell correctly, but that doesn't change the fact that this level is great and personally i think it deserved at least 2nd place in a contest.

It remembers me to first SSNTails's Hidden Palace game. When he made it Simon Wai's Sonic 2 beta wasn't found yet, but when it appeared, it turned out his game and Hidden Palace 1 were way too similar. And SSNTails never saw it when he made it originally...

Sik said:
It remembers me to first SSNTails's Hidden Palace game. When he made it Simon Wai's Sonic 2 beta wasn't found yet, but when it appeared, it turned out his game and Hidden Palace 1 were way too similar. And SSNTails never saw it when he made it originally...
hey it is kinda like that

Hey, no it's not. Sapphire falls is an _OFFICIAL_ map which has been around _FOREVER_. His map came much later than this, and he had to have played sapphire falls.

I find it funny how people are still arguing over such a futile thing. As GCFreak said, Nobody will ever know other than myself, and personal oppinions are always disreguarded in an arguement where it's 200 on 1.

@Mystic: I never actually said it was original. It's theme is a river; of which, there isn't much one can do. With any rivers I've seen in maps, the map wasn't entirly based on the river itself; there were simply large masses of other things around it. Yes, I know Sapphire falls exists. Yes, I know my map is similar. However, it seems everyone's arguement is that it's an exact replica; My arguement is against it being exactly the same. In fact, If I had used a different set of textures and/or flooring, I'm sure this arguement would have never come up. I didn't do so, however, because it would no longer fit the theme I wanted; In which I disreguarded SFZ's existance to preform.

Currently however, I've simply stated that it isn't a clone, nor was it my initial intention to have it look similar. The public has only twisted my words with their own outlook to make me look like a liar, and make my map seem like a complete copy.

Let it be for the record that only 2 people have currently admited to actually playing the map. If you refuse to do so, that's your own choice, but don't bring the arguement against me here. Play the map, have fun, and enjoy it if you can. If you refuse to do so, take it elsewhere.

Why aren't you using FireFox?

lolzc6.png

this level looks too much like sapphire falls .....
at least eliminate some things andand add some certain features like floating platforms to make it feel a little more origonal =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back