After you beat a boss....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Destiny

dealer of Retribution.
After you beat a boss how do you get a platform to spawn to get to another area?
Example: Scr_tei23.wad when you beat the boss a door or a platform spawns to get to the next level.

It's a custom boss probably. Yup, you have to SOC it. Make the boss to trigger a linedef executor when it dies.

Sik said:
It's a custom boss probably. Yup, you have to SOC it. Make the boss to trigger a linedef executor when it dies.

...Or he used Trigger Linedef Executor (No More Enemies - Once)...

Sonic Destiny said:
But how would you use that to get a platform to spawn to get to the exit?

Use Either of these Linedef Executor Linedef Actions to do that:

Change Calling Sector's Tag (112), or

Change Front Sector's Tag (114)

I think you should use 112, and use this page to help you. It's simple really...

I hope this helps.

-Monster Iestyn

Monster Iestyn said:
Sonic Destiny said:
But how would you use that to get a platform to spawn to get to the exit?

Use Either of these Linedef Executor Linedef Actions to do that:

Change Calling Sector's Tag (112), or

Change Front Sector's Tag (114)

I think you should use 112, and use this page to help you. It's simple really...

I hope this helps.

-Monster Iestyn
What you said really helped but can you kinda... explain or elaborate?
Im sorry for asking this of you after all the trouble you went through to post this.

But can you explain?

Make an invisible, intangible FOF that covers the whole boss arena. On the FOF control sector, find an empty linedef and use the linedef action 15, "Linedef Executor - Trigger Once (No More Enemies)". Set the tag of this linedef to an empty tag. We'll assume it was set to 2. Create your linedef executor, and set the tag of the trigger to 2 (or whatever tag you tagged your action 15 linedef to).

Check http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Linedef_Executor for info on Linedef Executors.

I'll Begin said:
Listen dude. You need to have just one big help topic. >_>
I know ive been kinda spamming the editing help section and for that im sorry, but everything you guys have told me has been very helpful and for that i am very grateful to sik, monster iestyn and redknuckles and many other people that took the time out of their lives to help me.

You're welcome :) And anyways, giving help directly is better than just linking to the wiki (specially when it's something too simple to just read an entire article when a sentence is enough). I know how annoying it's to need help and everybody saying "Google it" (outside SRB2 :P).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back