SRB2 keeps crashing on me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

Full-screen or not, it crashes on me. I don't think it's the resolution, it worked perfectly in the morning.

What could be causing the crashing?

How would I update it?

When I setup srb2, it lets me play for a minute or two, then it restarts my entire computer.

Without dedicated software and hardware (through all new hardware is capable of that), no. Go and buy a new PSU, it's always better. Otherwise at some day it'll break up at all and you won't be able to even power on your computer.

Anyways, warning, I don't think it's the PSU. Maybe something wrong with your Windows installation or something.

Nope. Do you have games other than SRB2 installed on there? Try playing those and see if the same thing occurs. If it does, then it is possible that when you play any games, the power supply gets overloaded for some stupid reason and thus turns off your PC to protect the PSU from getting damaged which means you need to replace it and test out the games and stuff again. If the problem is not resolved with a new PSU, It could be an OS file corrupted, possibly bad RAM, or Video Card.

Anyways, try out another game and see if it does the same thing and report back here.

Have you tried deleting the config file and also test it out to see if it is either software mode or OpenGL that is making your PC go boom?

No. I'm afraid this has to do with hardware. Sometimes a particular hardware has problems with some stuff. For example, my old hardware had problems with the algorithm to decompress RAR files. Not just with a single program but with several of them. And it had problems by just listing them on a directory or something. Argh... Never got fixed.

I don't think so. But hey, are you always playing in OpenGL? When I had the faulty motherboard whatever application using the 3D abilities of my video card caused it to crash because the PSU couldn't hold up with it. Try using software mode only.

OK, try reinstalling SRB2 to see if that fixes it. I really don't know what more can be. Processor overheating? Then it would crash with other games. I honestly don't think it's the hardware unless your processor is somewhat damaged and SRB2 is doing something it doesn't like, hence it resets itself.

I've actually seen this problem before. If your PSU is going bad, SRB2 will be the first game to do this with your computer, even if other games work fine.

SSNTails said:
I've actually seen this problem before. If your PSU is going bad, SRB2 will be the first game to do this with your computer, even if other games work fine.
Huh, wait a second, then what is SRB2 doing?! The only way for it to be the first thing to cause crashes is if SRB2 takes up about 100% of power usage, and for that it must be doing something insanely crazy x_X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back