Is SRB2 Christmas mode staying on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSEW

Okay, What's up with SRB2? It's stuck in Christmas mode! I had the same problem with JTE a while back and the solution to that problem won't work with this one.
So basically, how do I get OUT of Christmas mode?

If you test from Doom/SRB2 Builder, just add the parameter -noxmas and there you go. If you use the launcher, check Alternate EXE and type -noxmas after it. You can't do this with the program, but if you have a shortcut, just type -noxmas added to the end of the target program, and there you go.

Thank-you, now I don't have to deal with this annoying christmas mode anymore. How did SRB2 automatically become Christmas mode anyway? I didn't do Christmas-hunt, and it was in Christmas mode on Christmas.

It stays on for about 10 days after the holiday.

Quite honestly, I don't understand why so many of you hate Christmas mode. It's a nice addition to SRB2. It's not as if the mode lasts forever.

It's a once-a-year event, you should try to enjoy it. And if you're too big of a pussy to do so, then go on with the -noxmas in the parameter.

I didn't know it was a timed thing, I thought it was like my JTE problem, and that it wouldn't come off.

Exactly!! 10 days...comon, that goes all the way into January! 1 day, Christmas Day, is perfect for this feature

You want to get technical like that, Christmas is REALLY a 12-day long period. The ten days is perfect, I think, as I don't have so much time to play SRb2 on Christmas. it's a GREAT feature, and hence, should remain as is.

Cool, yes.

Still, the topic title mentioned wad testing, and as for testing, I particularly agree with HSEW. Some textures remain green, while others turn white, the F_SKY1 changes, and you just can't get the correct atmosphere.

Well...
I thought first that my SRB2 was broken, because the chirstmas-mode had messed up my custom controls and I didn't know how to change mode.

This got very annoying during wadding! I reinstalled SRB2 two times, untill I recognized it might has something to to with the time.

I changed the date of my PC, because I got SO SICK of it. Now I have January 1th. :mrgreen:

See, I'm not the only one who is bothered by this...besides, all I asked for was HOW TO GET OUT OF CHRISTMAS MODE! I do enjoy it, but I think one day, AT MOST two, is enough.

If you want christmas mode to keep rolling after the time expires this year. Just add 3DREND.DLL and you can have christmas mode for the rest of the time your on srb2 at that time. But once you exit srb2 then it goes to normal. But you can add it again if you want ^-^.

Huge notice!: Adding 3DREND.DLL puts on cheat protection and says the game is modified, keep this in mind when uploading this upgrade.

HSEW said:
I didn't know it was a timed thing, I thought it was like my JTE problem, and that it wouldn't come off.
For srb2JTE, -noholiday in the command line.

The Christmas mode isn't annoying. I've stated this before. WHY do you insist it is? 10 days out of 365/366. Not that many when you think about it. If you don't want Christmas mode, just run the command line. Don't ask for a perfectly good addition to be shortened.

DID I ask for it to be shortened? No, I just SIMPLY asked for a way to get out of it. Now, I ALSO DID NOT ask for the public opinion about it, there should only have been replies that were strictly related to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back