Silver The Hedgehog [dot pk3]

So, with some hacky way that sets flying enemies into a dummy state that uses the power of Lua to retrieve the good sprite and frame, you will be able to do this!

FamousOrganicBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

1.1.1 (or as I like to call it, 1.1.65536) will hopefully (don't count on it) be the last patch, some friends and I are often running beta tests to have the maximum error output possible so I can adapt the Lua to it. It may take some time, but I'm really doing my best with the little of motivation I have left for this when I'm not eating chocolate instead of doing something relevant.

This is great. Finally. I hate being bullied by those small buggers hunting me down and me being unable to grab them and throw them to a wall.

*reads title*
hqdefault.jpg

uUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH. NO THANKS

This character wad is one of my favorites. The things you can do with float and psycho boost are insane. The only thing I don't like is the slide, because it's really intrusive to pull off. The only way I could get it to work is holding spin while I was running, and then skid. and then after I already jumped, I keep accidentally holding back too long, and lose all of my momentum. Not that it's really needed, you can beat every stage, including bosses without sliding at all. But it's so satisfying to use! pulling off a slide jump bounce is one of my favorite things to do. I was thinking maybe, instead of how it is now, maybe make it so when you're full speed, you press spin and it slides automatically? The skid makes it really tedious. I've also noticed that the skid doesn't work at all in 2D mode, or at least I couldn't get it to work.

V1.1.65536 patch is out!

After numerous failed attempts at fixing Silver, here it is! The V1.1.65536 GLITCHLESS (?) PATCH!

Major changes include:

-The script SHOULD NOT crash anymore at all. If anything "breaks", try suiciding or reloading the map, also tell me what you did before it broke.
-Flying enemies can now be picked up and thrown like normal ones again!
-Added Spring and Fall super Frames.
-Slide reverted to its older state (skid + spin at full speed), but can now be performed at lower speeds with Custom 1 as well.

-Telekinesis hit messages should now work properly
-Maybe other changes I forgot to mention?

I really hope this doesn't break anymore, because some people can tell how many times it broke during test and the time I spent fixing it. ;-;

I'd like it if the mechanic from Sonic 06 carried over to SRB2, where you could grab your opponent and throw them across the map...

That'd be aawwwweeeesoommee! . w .

where you could grab your opponent and throw them across the map

Lat' said:
Players holding TOSS FLAG can be picked up and thrown by any Silver player! Keep in mind that if they let Toss Flag go, they will be dropped, even if Silver was holding them. Players cannot be aimed on enemies. You can also throw Monitors on players, which will give them their content.
Enemy players in Ringslinger can be picked up and hurt the same way enemies are. As well as you can throw monitors and other projectiles on them.

Finally, the host or the admin can use the "PSYNARCHY ON/OFF" COMMAND in order to disable the TOSS FLAG button check. Players can be picked up reguardless of what they want. It also has some side effects I might get hated for.

itwaspossibleallalong!!

I think he's talking about 06 Silver's throw, where it's so powerful that you fly in a straight line till you hit the wall. Lat'''''''s Silver uses normal throwing physics.

Superman Silver?

ExcellentLimpingBongo-size_restricted.gif

Something I noticed in the latest patch. He spinjumps far higher than in previous releases.

Was this intentional?

Hey, great work! Silver feels really polished now.

I only have one more suggestion, and that is to disable the whirlwind shield double jump. Currently it conflicts with trying to grab things in midair, plus you don't really need the double jump as Silver anyway.

I only have one more suggestion, and that is to disable the whirlwind shield double jump. Currently it conflicts with trying to grab things in midair, plus you don't really need the double jump as Silver anyway.

Well, what if you suddenly spin-jumped after sliding and suddenly couldn't save yourself from falling into a pit if you had the shield with you?

But, other than that, I agree with this suggestion, mostly.

Well, what if you suddenly spin-jumped after sliding and suddenly couldn't save yourself from falling into a pit if you had the shield with you?

But, other than that, I agree with this suggestion, mostly.

You can't even use powers after doing a spinjump, I think Cobalt means while you are normally jumping.

-gif-

Something I noticed in the latest patch. He spinjumps far higher than in previous releases.

Was this intentional?

Couldn't reproduce, I have no idea what you did?

I can always turn the whirlwind shield into a pity shield like Jasper does.

Silver can't shoot rings in match :t

Like, none of them

Intentionnal. Telekinesis shenanigans.

Couldn't reproduce, I have no idea what you did?

I didn't do much, I simply ran and spinjumped, and watched him soar.

This allows him to get to some high places without needing to use the Psychoboost at all.

HeartyAdventurousBlueandgoldmackaw-size_restricted.gif

I can reproduce it. The original way that you intented to make the spin jump via skiding and pressing spin at the same time causes silver to jump higher than the Cutsom button 1 skid jump.

Thats what i found out today :T

I didn't do much, I simply ran and spinjumped, and watched him soar.

This allows him to get to some high places without needing to use the Psychoboost at all.

I thought this was totally intentional and if I recall correctly, 'Lat stated that the slide jump gave you the extra boost in the air.

I thought this was totally intentional and if I recall correctly, 'Lat stated that the slide jump gave you the extra boost in the air.

It does, but it's only supposed to be a tad bit higher than the normal jump, not a moonjump lol.

Either way, I finally managed to reproduce it, after 15 minutes of understanding. Although the cause of the issue is kinda weird (the player was doing 2 jumps at the same time for some reason, doubling its height), it should now be fixed for the next patch, along with the Super frames lump errorspam.
Though, I know I had no feedback on this yet on the thread, which should make me feel good about this but, did anybody get a Hook-breaking error with the lastest version?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back