• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Mach Speed-like levels?

No, as in levels that play exactly like these: You run around a small area and try to destroy all the UFOs, while always being forced to move forward. Only, not special stages. Regular stages. An example would be like a Greenflower-themed Sonic CD Special Stage, but, like, not a Special Stage. If you get what I mean.

sorry speedwagon, i'm still awfully bad as shadow :'(

Progress will be much slower from now on due to school and exams this year.

Heh, cool. Reminds me of some hand-made x2 upscaled textures I had been working on for something like this but are no longer on me.

Probably would be better to force no-idle-animation at the end though, to prevent Sonic/Tails from looking really bored. This is also present in vanilla, but it bothers me there too.

Last edited:
srb20009.gif

Here's a preview of the skybox from lat's last post. Don't mind the flat platforms.

Last edited:
I just imagined Brak Eggman being used on these.

Also, Deadpool, your picture isn't showing up for me.

@TehRealSalt: Thanks for the suggestion. About textures, they're mostly recolored vanilla SRB2 textures / direct CD ripoffs with more pixels on curves to make them smoother since I can't draw for life.

@Deadpool: I can only imagine how this looks like since the image ain't showing up; but I'm sure it's a great one of yours, as always ;)

@MotorRoach: Would've awnsered with a gif showing how broken it is, problem is, I can't get on the comp. =/

Also I wasn't lying when I said progress will be much slower; my amazing school schedule is 8~9AM-5PM for the whole week, add to that the fact that my parents don't want me on the comp outside of the weekend when I obviously have other stuff to think of (This is the part nobody cares about). So Deadpool and I are gonna try our best to get this released quickly, but yet with quality.

...It's a postimage link.

Yeah, no wonder it wasn't working. Use imgur or something, because postimage will always show up for the uploader, and fail miserably at showing up for other people more than half of the time-- the funny part? It works when you link it, but not when you use IMG tags. I'm saying this by experience, because postimage is BS.

Did I mention smashing tossflag allows to change the soundtrack?
...Now I gotta find a way to read a player variable on the "scores" hud displaying function since SRB2 cannot do that for some reasons. What a b-

Did I mention smashing tossflag allows to change the soundtrack

Oh dis gun be gud...

Back to this topic again. Damn these Special Stages be sexy! And I want to know if the secret Special Stage 8 will be in here as...well... A secret Special Stage.

Well I had a thought of making it soon but that's when all the level's are done though, so I'm not really trying to get ahead of myself just yet.

Last edited:
USA soundtrack for the win!

Its very likely I will use this WAD alot because I don't really like the NiGHTs special stages, they get too boring real quick after you play them and they tend to screw up on netgames.

Last edited:
We’re blinded by dark skies

Do you think the Sonic CD ones will actually work? I'd find it doubtful, and if they were, then you have one of the problems the old stages had: one person can ruin everything by standing in the water.

Do you think the Sonic CD ones will actually work? I'd find it doubtful, and if they were, then you have one of the problems the old stages had: one person can ruin everything by standing in the water.

I just noticed this and since Lat' doesn't have time to respond to this... I think i'll leave this here...

Lat'''''''''s PM on Skype said:
[3:22:44 PM] Lat': Well I have a problème with thé timer
[3:22:58 PM] Lat': Not really à bug
[3:23:20 PM] Lat': But the timer is stored in the player
[3:23:40 PM] Lat': Meaning everyone has his OWN timer.

I had that idea in mind that everyone has their own timer... But that it's gonna be executed! Wow. Good luck (saying in a positive way so that nobody can be mad at me ;D )!

Well, it was planned for everyone to share the same timer, but having it this way instead doesn't change much. Anyway, here are the news...

Soundtrack changing can be done at any time, just by pressing Tossflag in a Special Stage.
SecondhandUnitedDodobird.gif

Special Stage 5 is now done, aside of custom textures that I won't make due to the ridiculously high ammount of flats used in this map, this time, jumping off higher spots and using springs are crucial to reach UFOs! Once again, thanks to Deadpool for the skybox and the pancake base geometry! ^^

Another minor change compared to the video is the Ring Multiplier; destroying a Rings UFO will grant you 20 Rings times the number of consecutive Rings UFOs destroyed, meaning you can quickly reach a ridiculously high ammount of Rings by playing the smart way. Collecting 100 in a Special Stage will grant a continue, finishing the special stage in the 60 seconds limit (without destroying a Time UFO) also grants a continue.

I'd like to just put a foot in the door and say that special stages like these fit srb2 far more than the current Nights themed stages do (in my very own and humble opinion, of course).
You've done a great job with these lat, in making the stages the right size, in giving them good height and platforming and even with the flats and everything else.
Really excited for the release of this, hope to see even more awesome updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back