Sonic Boom: A new Sonic cartoon series, coming Fall 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I approve of this cartoon's basketball legs and it's unfitting cute echidna heads on huge bodies, as it inspired me to work on the followed project.

nyznmg.png

Bark the polar bear

dat_knux.png

I don't know what to say about that sprite.

Still not better then chuckles sprite but this must be a joke wad. Looking foward to it, the only thing is his arms looks a little too skinny. I also see you gave brawlic knuckles fingers as well. It's a great start for a wad keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Oh my god. It looks so.... Awesome. It better not be a joke, it would be a great wad. It would be so much fun to run around as this brainless mass of muscle, gliding around the maps.

... I just had to do this:

Attachments

• SONIB0.png
    SONIB0.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,353
  • TAILA2A8.png
    TAILA2A8.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,369
  • ROSE_2_8.png
    ROSE_2_8.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,372
I approve of this cartoon's basketball legs and it's unfitting cute echidna heads on huge bodies, as it inspired me to work on the followed project.

nyznmg.png

Bark the polar bear

That Knuckles looks preety cool.
You should call it Muscles.wad.

Sad news (At least for me). XSpeedGodX isn't gonna make a Sonic wad. He made it as a joke.
But....

Attachments

• srb20011.jpg
    srb20011.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 554
  • srb20012.jpg
    srb20012.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 458
  • srb20015.jpg
    srb20015.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 451
  • srb20014.jpg
    srb20014.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I feel like you guys are just showcasing your little edits in topics all over now, the joke is dead.

Stupid crap from another thread was merged into this thread. Please keep your posts related to the topic. We don't need to spread discussion of Sonic Boom outside of this topic.

Well... it's my first edit. I am not planning to release it; I made it because i wanted to make one, since XSpeedGodX's one is just a joke. If nobody likes it, then i'll continue it, but not release it.

This is not going to replace the current existing universe. Even SEGA has confirmed this. Also, it's not the "new generation" can just go to GameStop and pick up Sonic Generations on the Xbox 360 or anything...
I say, it's just an excuse -a well-made one at that- to not take blame for the art change.

As in: if the game's a success, then that's your reboot of the franchise, much like what happened with Sonic Adventure; if not, then the Modern Era will continue onwards, simply as that.

I say, it's just an excuse -a well-made one at that- to not take blame for the art change.

As in: if the game's a success, then that's your reboot of the franchise, much like what happened with Sonic Adventure; if not, then the Modern Era will continue onwards, simply as that.
Considering neither the cartoon nor the game will be released in Japan, that idea doesn't make much sense; they'd be failing to test their primary market!

Sonic's primary market is the west and has been for quite a long time. Have some numbers:

Sonic Generations sales across all platforms (Source) -
North America: 1.41 million
Europe: 1.36 million
Japan: 0.04 million
Entire Rest of World: 0.39 million

Sonic Colors Wii (Source) -
North America: 0.85 million
Europe: 0.56 million
Japan: 0.01 million
Rest of the World: 0.14 million

For reference, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, so you can see a more normal distribution for a mainstream Japanese game:
North America: 13.84 million
Europe: 6.57 million
Japan: 4.69 million
Rest of the World: 2.14 million

These numbers are extremely telling and show you exactly why SEGA doesn't care that their new Sonic reboot isn't going to be released in Japan: nobody was buying Sonic in Japan anyways. This is an attempted full franchise reboot in all likelihood. Remember that Nintendo called the DS an entirely new handheld and unrelated to the Game Boy, but you don't see them releasing a new Game Boy alongside the 3DS, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back