Favorite and Least Favorite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

It's been a while since we had one of these topics:

What is your favorite and least favorite stage in the normal 1P game and why? (Not including bosses)

My favorite stage in the 1 player game would be Greenflower 2. Not only is the stage huge, it's got a ton of secrets and detail, which kept me interested in it long after I played it the first time. You can do just about everything in GFZ2 from clocking it in 28 seconds to exploring for an hour.

My least favorite stage would be Castle Eggman 2. The switch system harms the level by causing it to be a fetch quest, forcing the player to explore, even if he/she doesn't want to. When the player has figured the stage out, he still must go through the entire stage, and almost none of the stage area isn't necessary to complete the stage.

Discuss.

Favorite would be Techno Hill 2.
It has a lot of obstacles, but it is a "fast" enough stage that you can dodge those obstacles without slowing. It is a perfect balance.

CEZ2 is my least favorite, for the same reasons as Mystic, also, being an avid Tails player, it is one of the most Tails-unfriendly stages there are.

Favorite would be Techno Hill 2.
It has a lot of obstacles, but it is a "fast" enough stage that you can dodge those obstacles without slowing. It is a perfect balance.

CEZ2 is my least favorite, for the same reasons as Mystic, also, since I am an avid Tails player, I've seen it as one of the most Tails-unfriendly stages there are.

Do I hear an echo?

I agree w/ Mystic. GFZ2 ROCKS! It is interesting, has a cave, valley, jungle, mesa, canyon, and is overall FUN!

Least favorite would be CE series. Everyone knows that I am afraid of the dark, and it is scary and creepy and I just don't like it.

I like Greenflower Zone 2, because... yeah.

I don't have a least favourite, but I'd admit that I hated Techno Hill Zone 2 when I first played it... God, those Jetty Syns scared the hoo hannah banananers out of me.

Techno Hill Zone 2 didn't bother me much Jetty-Syn wise because I played Aerial Garden Zone before THZ2. :wink: I think THZ2 is one of my favorites because it's the first stage to break away from the "Green Hill" mentality of the first zone and a half with its factories and conveyer belts.

I share Mystic's view about CEZ2. I absolutly LOVE the dark castle atmosphere of the first two acts of CEZ, but the switch-pressing of Act 2 gets annoying after a while, especially when you're going for a time attack and being swarmed by masses of Jetty-Syns. To hit the next switch, you have to backtrack through the J-S horde.

GFZ2 is my favorite. It's big, it's sprawling, and it gives you so many different ways to the goal. It's so crammed full of these little nooks full of items that take quite awhile to stumble upon. It is also one of the few stages that seriously favors Knuckles and Tails for finding certain secrets.

Least favorite is CEZ2. Running around in circles pushing a million buttons was a novel idea back in Doom, but it's more tedious than it needs to be for a game like SRB2.

What's wrong with emerald hunting?
Forgive me for the childish pretend, but you can go on an "emerald expidition" funding those. The emerald hunting stages are my favorite.

Yah... Maybe you're right. Still, they should put in a feature that if you put more than three emeralds into a level, the computer should select three at random. Why havn't they done that allready?

"They" have not been able to work on SRB2 for the past month and a half, because something happened to "their" computer. Besides, "they" have more pressing matters to attend to, such as fixing bugs, and no one suggested the random-emerald idea to "them" before.

when I first unlocked Castle Eggman, I expected towers, corridors, walkways, detailed dungeons, and mabey even some garden ruins. Guess I expected too much from a hidden stage, huh? (well, it has some of those things, but not to the degree it should have.)

GFZ2 is really good, but it needs some trees, and perhaps some GREEN flowers? And if you ask me, GFZ1's music needs a bit of a flare to it, like in the older sonic games. Its kind of bland, you know, for a first level in a sonic game, especially one that is "epic" like this one.

YAHYAHYAH!!! TELLMETELLMETELLME!!! YAHYAHYAH!!!

*jumps up and down like a dummy and falls off the edge of the cliff*
Ow.

Our favourite stage? ... ... ...Uhh...mine..would be....*thinks* ...THZ2 and uhh...CEZ2 I guess ^_^'

JTE2, look at the last posted date, so you can notice when you're bumping stuff. This topic is well over a month old. Don't bump stuff, or bad things will happen to you.

Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back