Sonic Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
So, some dude on Retro just released this fangame. It's basically like a mix of Sonic 2, 3, and CD, with original levels. You can play as Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles, you've got the elemental shields, plus neat stuff like time trials, level challenges, and other nice things.

Oh yeah, the boss music is a remix of Robotnik's AoStH theme.

You can grab it right here. Note that a lot of people have been complaining of bugs, so be on the look out for patches if they bother you.

This is funny. There are 30 users on that message board viewing that topic, which was posted today. Yet the game downloads are "Invalid or Deleted". Only the music file is up. This is why one should never host their files on those type of sites.

This game is hilarious in all the bad ways.

Half of the special stages wouldn't work, the game didn't save, a lot of things are flat-out broken...

I haven't updated since the initial download, but I'd give it a week or so and see if it's fixed by then.

I just played through this game myself. It was buggy, but I had a lot of fun regardless. This game is certainly worth a playthrough, although to my annoyance the game did not save after I was done so I couldn't use the level select.

Oh well, when the obligatory bugfix patch is released I'll happily play through this game again. Just for that final level.

Lake Luster boss, Oh my gosh, it ate 20 of my hard easy earned lives! ;-;

18 of those deaths where due to bugs, (like using the insta shield after getting hurt nulls your flashing.)

Game also didn't unlock some rewards, and the final boss will destroy you if you don't find that hidden ring. (Sounds like a challenge for Inuyasha if he ever plays it.)

I kinda dislike how there are two water zones, though each has good gimmicks and ideas that would make for a pretty satisfying water level if they were combined. I also feel that the desert stage is pretty bland. Why not incorporate that the industrial rig in the background for a desert/technological stage, with unique level design and gimmicks? I do like the bosses though, especially in how they up the ante as they take damage.

I like the new bonus level setups, but I feel the free-fall bonus level would feel more fun and less arbitrary if your falling speed and acceleration were somehow lowered.

I don't care for the special stages. I feel a Sonic Chaos-inspired setup could be interesting if its lamer ideas (like the ultra-linear third special stage) were ditched. I did like the elemental shield barriers, as it seems like a good way to add some fun puzzle elements.

EDIT - Guys, the game saves if you quit via ALT and F4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back