How do I scroll the texture of a 3D block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekk

I've tried using 255 (scroll texture by offset) to scroll this wall, but it won't work. It's a 3D block. Also, if you must know, it's trying to scroll on the y offset... I know what number to use, but not how to make it scroll. I've tried giving the special to the linedefs on the map of which I want the 3D block's textures to scroll, but it doesn't work. Do I tag the control sector or something? It's never usually been like that...

I need immediate help. Please respond. Thanks in advance!

Change the offset of the Control Linedef. To scroll flat textures, apply Lindef Action 66 to the Control Sector.

Okay SonicMaster, you're doing it wrong.

Technically, it's entirely possible to put offsets on the control linedef and have them work for texture offsets. However, you can also align the textures by aligning the linedef in the map that's under the FOF. The same applies to scrolling textures.

...however, I don't recall it being possible to make FOFs scroll vertically with this method. Sorry.

BlueZero4 said:
However, you can also align the textures by aligning the linedef in the map that's under the FOF. The same applies to scrolling textures.

Tried. Failed. It won't scroll that way. It has to be the linedefs of the control sector, then, and I can't have more than one effect on a linedef...

FOFs are possible to scroll if thats what you guys are talking about.

Look on GemEarthBrandon old version of Gemplanet on level 7. Almost the whole level scrolls. You will see 4 rising FOFs that scroll and you will see a scrolling left arrow.

We aren't talking about if it's possible or not. We know it's possible. I just need to know. if you know how to do it, explain it to me, then! So I could solve my problem, maybe? Please?

Rekk said:
We aren't talking about if it's possible or not. We know it's possible. I just need to know. if you know how to do it, explain it to me, then! So I could solve my problem, maybe? Please?

Just set the linedef action to 255.

Go to linedef properties and click sidedefs and change the texture offsets.

GemEarthBrandon said:
Rekk said:

Just set the linedef action to 255.

Go to linedef properties and click sidedefs and change the texture offsets.

Yeah, I knew you misunderstood. The linedefs I'm working with already have effects. Thank you for "reading" and "thinking" before responding. You have been of no help.

Oh well, it's a small cosmetic thing, and since I missed the contest, I can use custom textures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back