Can I port Mystic Realm, Mystic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but I'd like to see him complete a level in his videos

I was thinking the same thing: "Why didn't I see the end level sign at all?". Probably level header is broken or something. If you finish the level, it could "blow up" SRB2.

Anyway, I prefer a better and reliable port, so I'll wait for Blue Warrior's port until proven otherwise.

I was thinking the same thing: "Why didn't I see the end level sign at all?". Probably level header is broken or something. If you finish the level, it could "blow up" SRB2.
If you just run Flame Rift 2 through the level converter and try to beat it as Sonic, it's impossible due to the fact that the falling platforms near the beginning are intangible. I don't think he did anything at all to the levels beyond converting them with the tool, and the fact that there are two Robotniks in most of the boss rooms illustrates that rather well.

And yeah, his percentage is only a number as far as I'm concerned; mine is based off of a text file I keep and update for self-reference:

Code:
Regular Maps = 15/20
Second Quest Maps = 5/20
Archive Maps = 3/10
Graphics = 4/15
Socs = 0/15
Headers = 0/10

Total = 27/100

Things to do:
* Update MAINCFG to reflect the newer map locations.
* Update headers to suit skynum/musicslot modifications in 2.0.4
* Ensure accurate colormaps for all maps
* Update PNAMES and TEXTURE1
* Fix PAZFLR03
* Manually fix maps Cx and Dx
* Add a block monsters sector to MAPDD or whatever the hell it is
* Import/update any other necessary graphics
* Wait for Prime 2.0 to finish soccing all custom thing types
And this is why you guys haven't seen a proper port of Mystic Realm yet.

EDIT: Oh, what do you know, I'm NOT at 14%. I must have forgotten to update my wiki page.

Last edited:
To save me trouble, I'm not moving any of the maps. SRB1 will be overwritten. My percentage is just a guess. (Current guess is 8%)

You know, that's good, but "competition" doesn't seem very productive. Why don't I just fix the maincfg for the most part and then lend the wad to you?

Merge what we've done so far? What needs fixing in your Main Config? In mine I need to add ForceCharacter = -1 to the levels that replace the SRB1 levels. (FuriousFox helped with this bit on IRC) I also need to fix the soc'ed boses and baddies.

Basically I need to shift everything so that it applies to the new map locations I set. Though if you've got the forcecharacter thing settled, then I suppose we could shift back to the old locations as long as we remember to remove the "Hyper Level" subtitles and whatnot. Besides that, there are a few skies and tune numbers that need to be updated, but that's pretty minor.

How much work have you done on the levels? I've fixed all bugged sectors, thing types, redwalls, and color maps in the first quest, but I've neglected to do so for the Second Quest and Archives.

I've just started on first quest, all the tunes slots are unchanged and work. I've also updated the Lock-On unlockable by adding in the necessary header information. I also have the first level's exit sector working, but the linedefs are still waiting for updating as are the flats and textures awaiting name correction.

All the graphics were updated the easy way, export and reimport. *at the time of this post it's 2:38 am where I am*

Sorry, don't get me wrong. This competition thing is just a joke I had taken from a Glaber's post.

Why don't you two work together on MR's port?

That's... sort of the idea I was getting at. But more so of a "I'll show you my work and you can start where I left off".

From the looks of things, you focused more on the levels and I focused more on the behind the scenes stuff like getting Lock-on more up to date (Now covers up to Eggrock), and other stuff releated to the main config. Any who, on to the merging!

Edit: I just started the merging and I'm already seeing signs of the Auto Converter.

Last edited:
Can you guys also make it so that the old MFZ music will be played in that place? Or at least give it a tunes slot somewhere? And also, you guys shouldn't replace SRB1 Remake levels because, it will have forceskin Sonic on it. Another thing, shouldn't you guys make it so that one guy converts levels and someone else the Second Quest levels or something?

I'd say that is a MR poorly ported, as I said. If you add MR into 2.0 without any port, you cannot see FOFs, water and enemies; in that video, you can actually see them (dunno if Enemy Thing Numbers have changed). At least, they used lvlconv without any graphic fix.

* Ezer'Arch has left; duties are screaming out LOUD D: *

Ah, I see. Some people on youtube should know more things before confusing everyone else. :/

Edit: I just started the merging and I'm already seeing signs of the Auto Converter.
Well, uh, considering ALL of the levels were auto-converted, that figures. All of the first quest was toggled with in SRB2DB to function properly though.

Can you guys also make it so that the old MFZ music will be played in that place? Or at least give it a tunes slot somewhere?
Gah, I really don't like the old music.
And also, you guys shouldn't replace SRB1 Remake levels because, it will have forceskin Sonic on it.
We're aware of that, and I think the plan is to forceskin = -1 all of the levels.
Another thing, shouldn't you guys make it so that one guy converts levels and someone else the Second Quest levels or something?
Well, the idea is that I'm busy with a different project, so I did some of the work and he gets to do the rest.

I'm basically doing what I'm doing for SRB2TP, Manual conversions. The Auto converter still needs some tweaking when it comes to things from other difficulties.

Also was there different music from the 1.09.4 selection?

Yeah, there was totally different music for MFZ, it sounded really err... icey and... nightish. Still, IF you guys could have the old music replace a tunes slot that doesn't have anything (tunes 60 is oftenly used) I would greatly appreciate that.

Yeah, I like the old music too, it sort of sounded more beautiful

Last edited:
Thanks for replying. I hope you didn't get wrong my question.

I thought I was causing troubles here once I have a YouTube account and I had posted the link for that video here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back