Not open for further replies.
WORST: Sonic Labyrinth
Really bad: sonic heros
bad: shadow the hedgehog.
ok: Sonic R/Drift.
Good: SA1/SA2B.
Very Good: STH2
BEST: S3&K.

Sonic 2 + Gamegear = Something that is hard even on the stinking first level! *hisses at controls* At least I played through at least 2-3 levels on Labrynth. So, erm Sonic 2 GG is my worst.

Megaboom1 said:
Sonic 2 + Gamegear = Something that is hard even on the stinking first level! *hisses at controls* At least I played through at least 2-3 levels on Labrynth. So, erm Sonic 2 GG is my worst.

I disagree. I was able to get to the second act of Scrambled Egg Zone (lol at name) when I was six.

My worst would be... Sonic Drift. I found it pretty boring.

Sonic Advance 2 cuts close, though. (freaking emeralds...)

Sonic drift (have it on sonic mega colection)..... Am i the only one here that likes "shadow the hedgehog" and "sonic heroes"......... (i haven't played shadow or sonic heroes in a while though, too busy playing SADXPC and SRB2 :mrgreen: )

Honestly, I always kinda liked Spinball. Was it the best Sonic game ever? Of course not. However, was it a kinda interesting game with a few redeeming features? Yeah. Of course, I actually beat the thing. Showdown is _evil_.

Sonic Heroes definitely takes the cake for me, although I did not play Shadow the Hedgehog at all, so I can't consider that for worst game.

Mystic said:
Honestly, I always kinda liked Spinball. Was it the best Sonic game ever? Of course not. However, was it a kinda interesting game with a few redeeming features?
I agree. Spinball was fun it gave sonic games a new spin lol spin without taking away his speed even if he was in a ball 99% of the time. Over all Spinball is pretty good :mrgreen: .

I rather liked Labyrinth, for all you complaining about it. Honestly, it was a bit different, but they didn't take the speed element out of it. Sure, he can't run fast, but he can use Spindash, and that's not exactly slow in that game...

I rather liked Labyrinth as well. It's quite a unique game, if pretty easy. Shadow takes the cake for the worst, but Sonic Blast comes pretty close. Heroes I didn't mind a whole lot, but that was because the music was decent. Shadow and Blast don't have that upside.

Drift/Drift2 for the lose. The number of times I tried either one (all on SADX), I found them very difficult and nearly impossible to control. Plus, it's hard enough to even see what's going on in the first one.
Labyrinth I enjoyed; it makes a very good puzzle game. Yes there is speed - in the spindash move; the puzzle is using it correctly to beat the level in the best time possible.
Spinball is one of my all-time favorites, even from someone who usually doesn't care much for pinball. Pinball, in my opinion is mostly a chance game, as all you can control is a couple of flippers; Spinball allows you to move the ball (Sonic) with the controls to fine-tune the motions.
Heroes I also liked a lot; it was a 3D game that pretty accurately conveyed the speed and action of the 2D games. The only game I've played that did better to emulate the 2D feeling is SRB2.
Shadow I've never played, but would really like to. I've seen gameplay videos (from experts, yes, but still videos from the game) that make it one of the most entertaining games I've ever watched. I at least want to try it before negating it, especially after noticing that I like a lot of things that others hate.
I also want to try Flickies Island (3D Blast for the uninformed) before verdicting that as well. In any case, Sonic Drift and Sonic Drift 2 are among the worst games I've ever played, and are the absolute worst Sonic games from that category.

Cory the Hedgehog said:
Also I liked Shadow and Heroes they were (and still are) fun to me!

*gasp*

I think I know how people could stand to play Shadow or Heroes (or "Heros", as most fans of the game would call it.) Let me see if my hypothesis is true: Cory, how old are you?

Flame warning

Honestly, what I have noticed is that older people like the classic Sonic games and think that the more current Sonic games are terrible, and younger people like the more recent Sonic games.

Indeed.. older people generally played the game before younger people. I guess playing the classics first makes 'em like those better.

I tried a demo of Sonic Heroes, but not long enough to pass a verdict. Shadow the Hedgehog seems like Sega is trying to go Jak II with it.

Bigboi said:
Honestly, what I have noticed is that older people like the classic Sonic games and think that the more current Sonic games are terrible, and younger people like the more recent Sonic games.

Not exactly, some of us older gamers (16) appreciate some of the newer titles. For example, Sonic Heroes really did not suck, it was and interesting change of gameplay with alot of missions that are pretty diffucult to complete. the only problem i had with the game was the crappy theme song. I will admit though, the game did get boring after a while. The first time you play it though, it is fun. As for Shadow the hedgehog, it was ok, the only probs for me was the awful camera, short story and not enough pathways. Otherwise the game was pretty fun, interesting and the darker story made the series seem better and not held back. Seriously folks, you guys take the newer games for granted.

I'm only fourteen, but I found the old games to be a lot more fun than the new ones, because they have more Paths than the New ones. The Levels that I'm reminded most of when I say this are Green Hill and Lava Reef. Face it, they PWNED! Unlike the newer levels like Final Rush or Emerald Beach which only had one path. And that really sucked. But it was still fun, don't get me wrong. It's just that they were less varied and there weren't many secrets.

*cough* Methinksimastricklerforlongparagraphs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back