Nostalgic Memories: 90s-Early 2000s Kids Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

As an 18 year old that has recently graduated high school, I've been taking a bit of a look back on my childhood, which has come to it's end. If it wasn't remembering the Sega Game Gear and GameBoy Advance SP that handled my early life gaming needs, it were the strange but kickass TV shows that not only I, but many early 2000s toddlers may have seen. Whether it were shows like Thomas and Friends, Dragon Tales, Teletubbies, Dora the Explorer, or Bear in the Big Blue House, I've always admired these shows for their interesting theme songs, their lessons on life and morality, and the characters that develop within each episode (possibly). This was before we got older and upgraded to Cartoon Network, Toon Disney, and even Nickelodeon, when network hacks couldn't decide what a fucking kids show was, and gave us some of the worst designed shows in the history of the new century, but I digress.

Do you have any memories of old shows you used to watch as a toddler? If you can't remember it for sure, try looking up the theme song to it. Maybe the memories will come back to you! :)

I remember the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon as being absolutely fantastic. It had fun characters, character development, great story arcs that felt like they changed things in the world, and a sense of progression that not a lot of other shows at the time had. I'm scared of going back and rewatching it, because it might not live up to how good I remember it being.

I'm a big animation fan, so I've seen lots of stuff from that era. But my favourites... Hmm.

It's no secret that I'm a huge Codename: Kids Next Door fan. Best cartoon from the 2000's, fight me if you disagree. My old avatar on this forum was a commission piece of my favourite character from the series for one thing. Now if only Cartoon Network would see fit to release a box set of the series.

One of my favourite films is One Stormy Night, a 2005 anime about a Goat and a Wolf that become best friends. It's hella cute and damn good, worth a look.

I'm also a big Gundam fan, which stretches from the 80's to modern day. But my favourite Gundam series is Turn-A Gundam, which aired in 1999. Definitely worth looking into if you're looking for good sci-fi and don't mind some engaging fictional politics between the characters too. Also with best opening.

I could be here all day listing off favourites from that era though. So I'll just leave it at these three unless anyone really wants to know more.

Definitely Digimon Adventure, 02 and Tamers.
Only got to watch the Portuguese dub of Frontier in 2009 (it aired at a shit timeslot during its first run).

It's no secret that I'm a huge Codename: Kids Next Door fan. Best cartoon from the 2000's, fight me if you disagree.
I totally would if Courage the Cowardly Dog wasn't technically from the 90s. I don't have to wonder whether or not that show's aged well, 'cause pure gold like that doesn't rust.

Well... I never really admired pre-first-movie Spongebob episodes as a kid because as you might imagine with me being young, jokes flew over me a lot. And it didn't help that seeing the one episode with the gorilla suit made me not watch the show for a few years after. Oooobviously I'm well over that one. My views on stuff change and hey, I thoroughly like pre-first-movie Spongebob now

Also I had a thing for CatDog

If there's any show I can remember best about for my childhood was the amazing show made by AKA Cartoons: Ed, Edd n Eddy. This show is flat out magical in humor and slice-of-life animation. It knows what it's doing and can even mock the fact that it's a cartoon. Viewing it as a kid it was fun to watch, looking back on it now, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life as a whole.

If there's any show I can remember best about for my childhood was the amazing show made by AKA Cartoons: Ed, Edd n Eddy. This show is flat out magical in humor and slice-of-life animation. It knows what it's doing and can even mock the fact that it's a cartoon. Viewing it as a kid it was fun to watch, looking back on it now, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life as a whole.
The sound design was top notch, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back