Organic Computer Virus? Is this some kind of a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Questionguy555

OH YEAH!
There's been some rumor going around that an organic computer virus nicknamed "(something) desentery. net-worm can infect Vistas while powered off. What's your opinion about this?

"net-worm can infect Vistas"

I honestly don't think anything more needs to be said, but here it goes anyway: Anyone this clueless about computers shouldn't be taken seriously, especially in regards to "virus reports".

Cue said:
http://www.avantnews.com/news/551286-organic-windows-vista-virus-can-target-computers-even-when-powered-down

Hmm, maybe I should wipe that 500gb partition of Vista I have doing absolutely nothing...

Good thing it was a joke from two years ago, huh?
Whoops. My bad!

I didn't really believe it that much, anyway. I do feel pretty stupid, though. I didn't know it was from Avant News. I need to look at those website names instead of just checking to see if it's suspicious.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to brick myself for having major stupidity.

Although I'm not any specialized guy in this field, there's no way for some data to be recorded on a hard disk without current and energy being put into it, right?
As in, if there is no electricity being run through the apparatus, the mechanisms for the hard drive writing can't work, right?

That would be incredibly cool if it were real, though unplugging the ethernet cable or whatever would be all it would take to protect yourself. That or just use a wireless network, microscopic organisms traveling through fiberoptic cables SORTA makes sense, but the idea of a little bacteria riding on electromagnetic waves, though creating an incredibly cool mental image, is just silly.

Arf said:
Although I'm not any specialized guy in this field, there's no way for some data to be recorded on a hard disk without current and energy being put into it, right?
As in, if there is no electricity being run through the apparatus, the mechanisms for the hard drive writing can't work, right?

It would travel through a fibre optic cable (not entirely sure how it would get through a copper cable though, big difference considering fibre optic uses light as the data carrier). I guess it would kinda just squirm out and sit in your PC or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back