[Open Assets] Brak-Eggman (MetalRobotnik)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

This all started with Sonicfan 2000's idea of trying to create a Brak-Eggman md2, but was later handed the original model of brak-eggman to work with, unfortunetly it was too high-poly for it to be put into SRB2. So, he handed it to me to reduce the poly count of the model. In doing so, all the frames of the model were wiped, and he had asked me to complete the frames of the model. So here we are, an md2 model of Brak Eggman that was used to make the sprites, now is an md2 model based off the sprites that were based off the model. Wibbly Wobbly timey-wimey.

In the MD2 dat file, put this code in:

Brak BrakEggman.md2 3.0 0.0

Attachments

• BrakEggman.zip
    251.3 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 2,264
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 2,903
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,741
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 2,461
I wonder if I...

9azrsn.png

Oh my god -shot-

Anyways awesome MD2 =P

Now just to put this with Jeck's Sonic MD2 and Blue Warriors final boss remix and we are in business! >=3

Yes I did. The model doesn't show up, just the electricity around where the sprite would be.
EDIT: Nevermind, put it in the wrong md2 folder.

Last edited:
Well I expected to be the first in make this brak egghead md2 xD I just had the Meshlab program to decimate polycount. But oh well, this is amazing! good job :D.

Well I expected to be the first in make this brak egghead md2 xD I just had the Meshlab program to decimate polycount. But oh well, this is amazing! good job :D.

I'd still like to see someone configure the model with the original animations (this new walk cycle isn't quite as good, for example) and fix some of the polygon issues (there's a triangular hole on one of his arms).

I'd still like to see someone configure the model with the original animations (this new walk cycle isn't quite as good, for example) and fix some of the polygon issues (there's a triangular hole on one of his arms).

From my experience, I wouldn't say its possible. When reducing the polycounts, all the frames and skeletal attachments are removed due to the change in the models shape. Think of it as an enzyme, and how it requires a specific shape to carry out its duty, then you reduce its polycount, and because its shape is changed, it can't carry out its old duty.

Still I willing to fix this model in anyway, which arm did you see the hole? And the walking animations were made by looking at the sprites, so there might be some flaws, so simply tell me where I could make improvements.

Just wait for the next patch, which will allow higher polygon models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back