Doesn't everone start off as a noobie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amyrose said:
Everything there is flaming (useless and rude insults) and its aimed at multiple people. You don't contoll this place...If anyone has any say in it, it's the admins and mods, not you...this is why I've moved to team metals forums...because I dont hear all the flaming, followed by "im not flaming" On Edge, you said that directly calling people noobs is flaming well, you called toxic, sonar and cat girl noobs in your post, and look up all your other posts, those have lots of times where you call someone a noob...therefore, you are flaming, which again, is against the rules...
Well, I _AM_ an admin, and I do control this place. He's right.

There is a major difference between telling the truth and flaming. Flaming is directly insulting another user with no basis or reasoning. I see NO problem in his post. Let's rewind here a second:

On edge said:
In my experience, Cat Girl loves to RP on normall-ish servers. I can see her getting exited at someone who makes her feel needed, or just get the oppertunity to stop the gameplay. And Toxic and Sonar don't sound that much better.....
amyrose said:
On Edge, you said that directly calling people noobs is flaming well, you called toxic, sonar and cat girl noobs in your post
Huh? While it could be implied, he simply expressed a major dislike for the named members. That is allowed. "I don't like you" is not flaming, and for that matter "Stop acting like a n00b" isn't flaming either.

He's allowed to express his opinion, and he did so within the confines of the forum rules.

Now, then, back to the topic at hand:

Cream The Rabbit said:
The most coomon thing I hear is degrading comments about how the "noobs" seem to just ruin the forum, as well as netgames.
Two weeks ago or so, I had no clue what a netgame even was, I didn't know that the t key let you talk in the game....in short, I was a noob.
As a reminder to all, however, each and every one here started as a noob, including myself, but now I have a wave of people who love me on netgames, and I can't say that everyone is rude...SONAR,TOXIC,CAT GIRL, and many others took the time to pause their game and teach me as much as they could in the middle of a game, they didn't flame me, they were polite, and to them and many others, a debt of gratitude is owed...And to the people who are "noob-haters" STOP. That is considered flaming....
Cream, I don't think you get the context here.

"newbie" - Somebody new to the forums. Probably doesn't know forum policy, and probably makes a bunch of ignorant mistakes. However, when told "You just screwed up, try reading X", realize their mistake and attempt to fix it. This is perfectly fine, and at least a small number of these is always necessary or the forum will eventually die.
"n00bie" - Somebody who doesn't give a damn about forum policy and make a bunch of ignorant mistakes. Then, when told that they just screwed up, tell us all to shove it, who cares what we think. This is NOT fine, and we attempt to ban these members at all costs, as they'll destroy the community if we don't.

The issue currently is simple: There are more n00bies than newbies, and the SRB2 community is currently getting tons of new members. Since all people who don't know how to type in netgames are new, the odds are that anyone who asks such a simple question is a n00bie, and frowned upon. Hence, quite frequently you'll be blasted for asking a simple question instead of trying to figure out the answer yourself. It's not nice, but that's sadly the internet for you. Almost every community on the internet has this problem, and generally, the best way to avoid this problem is to lurk, or view other people's posts for a while, before posting yourself.

So yes, everyone starts out as a newbie once. However, not everyone is a n00b, and I hope you can make the distinction and understand why there is such animosity towards newer members.

Just a quick comment;

Mystic said:
"newbie" - Somebody new to the forums. Probably doesn't know forum policy, and probably makes a bunch of ignorant mistakes. However, when told "You just screwed up, try reading X", realize their mistake and attempt to fix it. This is perfectly fine, and at least a small number of these is always necessary or the forum will eventually die.

The Rules said:
9. Don’t ask for a lock or other administrative action if you aren’t an admin. The administrators are fully capable of moderating the board without your help. Likewise, don't tell other people what to do. That is the job of the administrators and moderators. If they double post, have bad grammar, or are otherwise breaking the rules, it's not your job to tell them about it.

Um. We aren't allowed to say, "You made a mistake, try reading the rules." This is exactly why the rules/FAQ need to be updated.

Ahhhh....OK, my bad people...I know when I'm whipped...I never meant for a war. But mystic has a point...and I am taking said point....OK?
I apologize to any and all I may have ticked off...
heh,I just may be one of them noobs

Oh, and amyrose; a suggestion: Instead of using ellipses (...), try using a comma (,) and a space. An ellipsis is used to create a point of suspension in your writing, while a comma is used in many contexts (mainly for seperating ideas and such), such as prepositional phrases, or conjunctions.

Okay, being a newbie and a n00b is different, as somebody said :P you start as a newbie, then, when you start playing, the critical moment starts now... you decide, you become a player or a n00b ( just a joke ;P )

Right now I know I'm a newbie, a two day newbie at that. I mean come on, I barely know anything on here. I got a lot to learn,I admit it.

Ya know you just bumped the biggest topic I've ever seen. Yes, you are true. Like I',m sill learning wadding, and I suck at it right now.

supersonic45 said:
Ya know you just bumped the biggest topic I've ever seen. Yes, you are true. Like I',m sill learning wadding, and I suck at it right now.

Thats one reason why i'm a newbie, I dont even know what Topic Bumping is . please dont make fun of me for it.

Topics are ordered on the forums by the date of the last post. So, when you post to an old topic (which is on the bottom of the page, or past Page 1), it bumps the topic up to the top of the first page. Hence the term "bumping".

Blue Warrior said:
Topics are ordered on the forums by the date of the last post. So, when you post to an old topic (which is on the bottom of the page, or past Page 1), it bumps the topic up to the top of the first page. Hence the term "bumping".

Thank you so much.

supersonic45 said:

Be that as it may, it is a valid bump as it adds something to the discussion. Now, since you complained about a bump. You are hereby tempbanned for three days.

Sonict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back