Level Design Contest - December Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlazeHedgehog said:
Indeed, as Shaf said, trying to change maps like that via the console results in:

"This is not a singleplayer map!"
Again, "SPLITSCREEN 1; GAMETYPE MATCH", and then "MAP MAP06". It cuts your view in half, but hey, the level comes up.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, Blaze, merely remind several people (you're not the only one who needed the reminder) that match is the appropriate gametype for reviewing match maps.

My dedicated server should be back up soon. The downside is sometimes you'll be the only person there, but if that happens, you can often wait and someone will show up, or try to troll for players in #srb2 on AccessIRC. The dedicated server status topic is located here.

By the way, while Shadow Hog's trick works, you can usually just start a server and play the maps that way. Even if you're firewalled, it lets you see the maps, full screen, as displayed in match mode. Though it's not adequate for evaluating the gameplay of levels, this technique is useful for testing maps as you design them.

I say "usually" because some people have a weird networking setup that causes SRB2 to quit with an error when it tries to start a server. I've never been entirely sure what causes it. Chances are you'll be fine.

I need to stop listening to you, a441, these other people don't agree with what you say. Barrel Barrage sucked, I admit, I'll try harder next time. I WILL!!!

Man, I missed voting for this contest! I was away for a week on vacation, and now I'm posting this on my grandma's computer, so I havn't had a chance to play any maps or vote.
Sorry about meadow conflict, guys. I havn't had much netgame experiance... I'm learning, though...

okay, here is my ratings and reasons

Florid Crater by FuriousFox
rating: 8/10
reason: this level is kind of small compared to other srb2 match level but it's pretty good. has a nice balance of special rings and regular rings.

Fusion Reef by a441 & SSNTails:
reason: this level has that "fiery" feeling to it. outside it are 2 lava pool, 1 filled with jumping fireballs. bad news is lack of weapon rings(only 2 in this level).

Illustrion by Jason_the_Echidna:
rating: 9/10
reason: This level is my favorite in this contest. It takes place in a forest with rising and falling water at the bottom of it. also, there are 4 "trees" that you can be sprung into that have a monitor and a bomb ring. This level would of got a perfect 10 from me if it wasn't for the distance between the bomb rings(for tails and knuckles, for sonic, it'll take awhile to get all 4).

Emerald Beach by Senku:
rating: 7/10
reason: A remake of a sonic battle level,this level has been enlarged from the orignal version.
This level has 300 rings(a good amount for match). The bad is, it isn't original(the original level was made by sonic team) and no special rings.

Green Patch by Linkman90: 8/10
reason: this level is pretty cool, it's like a cousin of meadow match. pool in the ground, floating platforms. the thing i don't like about this stage is the close amount of special rings put together.

Colorpool arena by Ex_Sonic:
reason: 4 pools that are colored different.... each pool has rings, a few springs and 1 weapon ring. The thing I don't like in this map is the infinitive rings being so close together and the multicolored water.

EX arena by Ex_Sonic:
reason: A pool carved like a "EX" and a floating glass "EX" too. this level has some cool stuff in it like 5 "cans" & floating platforms in various shapes. The reasons i'm taking points off is lack of weapon ring (there is only one weapon and that is homing, that little crasher).

Space fight by Some guy:
reason: A fight in a space station. Missing texture is 2 point penalty. this level is too hard to navigate through though. It required you to use teleporters to get from place to place. I do like the fact that they have "tvs" in the station though.

Sandy beach by Some guy:
reason: this level is pretty big and has alot to explore. It has a secret cove and some breakable boxes with power-ups in them.

diamond duel by Sonicandtails218:
rating: 6/10
reason: ugh, this level is a pain. it has many pits that are a big pain and i'm a tails player. Biggest problem are the floating breakable platforms over the pits(more of a problem with sonic then anyone else). I do however like the fact that there are teleporters in the level.

MI by Some guy:
rating: 0/10
reason: Mi is just a bad match level. The fact that this level is littered with turrets, making the battle running from the turrets instead of rings and your friends and the fact that this level is very short doesn't help. while there are rings and shields in the level, that does no good since the turrets will gun you down in a few seconds after getting them.

Barrel barrage by Blue_Blur:
rating: 5/10
reason: This level is a good 1v1 match level but bad for any other amount of players. It's a very small level and 2 special rings are placed in the worst place, near 2(for 1 ring) turrets waiting to blast you.

ruined fortress by SRB2-Playah:
reason: This is a cool level. outside of it, it has tunnels that lead to other part of the level and a fountain that can propell you to the top. The thing that brings this level down are the weapons rings are too close to each other.

winter wonderland by Snort:
reason: A snow level filled with gallons of water. The bad parts is the large amounts of water that can carry you to the watery center of the level. Good points of this level is the high amount of decoration.

meadow conflict by hotdog003:
reason: this level is cool but I don't get why gargolys are bouncing on yellow springs and the high amounts of special rings pretty close together.

sonicheroes palace by Joe:
rating:6/10
reason:this level is huge, so it can cause framerate problems. There are a fair amount of rooms which have bundles of powerups, with i don't like.

floating factory by Firekid:
reason:this level is pretty impressive. it has 4 passage ways, one floating platform that has water so dark you could hide in in. Bad point of level is the first floor is a maze so tight together your character may get stuck in it for a while.

fluff fight by SRB2-Playah:
rating: 6/10
reason: first, this level has missing texture(or linedefs marked to the wrong sectors) which i took 2 points off for. now, this level is a pain since the pretty much, the entire level is over a pit. The main problem i have with it is the clouds that move up and down, they don't move down enough and pause to allow you to get on it without falling into the pit.

lunar facility by FuriousFox:
reason:another space themed level. this one has a poison "lake" outside. this level have good decoration, pillars, inside garden, and gates.

thunder citadel by Mystic:
reason: this level has tables, flags, running water and the thing i dislike most, crushers. the special ring placement is excellent.

wrecked satallite by Shadow Hog:
reason: this level is cool, but the only thing that urks me is the fact that there are no weapon rings.
Edit: sorry about that, there are special rings in this level and they are spaced apart quite good.

verdant valley by Shuffle:
reason: a valley with dark forest parts at the end and a watery middle, interesting. good points of this level are fairly placed sp. ring and the design. bad points are there isn't alot of places where you can hide(forest parts are pretty small)

winter valley by Some guy:
rating: 9/10
reason:this is an excellent level, it has great design, very huge, and has lots of places to hide. it has teleporters that take you to a secluded area on the map where you can hide from everyone(making it a excellent teg level).

Rates

Well: First of all: HI :mrgreen:

Rates: Map01: 6/10

Small And Good

Map02: 7/10

Big and smart map, but why a tree on sand? XD

Map 03: 5/10

Sorry about the low rate. This map have a little error on the fence but it's not change my rate to minus... This map is "easy to fall" for me. Chemical Teleports is a nice idea though

Map 04: 4/10

This map is another "ETF" (Easy To Fall). You can use transparent FOFS and GLASSTEX to the Glass.

Map 05: 4/10

This map is small and Sonic is really bad on this map

Map 06: 5/10

Good map but a maze is a bit confuzing on a match map I think

Map 07: 1/10

Argh My Eyes and No Thok Barrier in this level.

Map 08: 7/10

Good map, Big and good map XD

Map 09: 8/10

Nice Map FF but if you fall in the slime is ID (Instant Death)

Map 10: 6/10

Nice Castle map, try to make this map to Unreal Tournament XD Jking

Map 11: 4/10

I not liked so much because isn't have much FOFS on the center area and the wood area is too dark

Map 12: 7/10

Nice Winter map but have some areas that can blind you easily (Running on stairs with Brick Walls)

Map 13: 7/10

Nice Map, And the bottom area is difficult to get to this prize

Map 14: 1/10

Small, Not a good amount of rings and turrets are a bad idea

Map 15: 7/10

Small Inside, Large OutSide, Fountain ROX!

Map 16: 5/10

Smaller than the upper map inside and If you fall is ID again if you not get a Fire shield or shock shield

Map 17: 5/10

SB Map is not that good and you need to use -1 pixel of you floor for water block bottom. Example: Floor 256, Water Block Bottom: 255 =P

Map 18: 9/10

Wow :eek: ! A nice map, will trick anyone :mrgreen:

Map 19: 6/10

Good map but not good amount of Springs :P

Map 20: -/10

Colorpool is my map and I think it's good for a play of match

Map 21: -/10

Ex Arena is my map too and I doubt that you can find the secret area XD

Map 22: 5/10

Isn't too good but I liked of the teleports

Map 23: 1/10

I Liked that banner saying: NO TO TURRETS XD

Phew, I finished

Just another reason why I love DoomBuilder: 3D Mode. It sometimes creates these weird polygons that are stretching out into God knows where, but usually it shows a level very accurately... well, minus FOFs, but depending on the level you can live with that. That'd be how I found the secret area.

Speaking of, you should've hidden the Gold Sheild in there, and leave the wussier Green Sheild (well, wussy for a mostly open-air map, anyway) where the Gold Shield is currently. That way, while still cheap, it takes a little more effort to reach (add another jump into the secret wall to the method of getting it currently) and it would only be abused by the people who actually know where it's hidden.

You can use transparent FOFS and GLASSTEX to the Glass.
Tried that, got the dreaded "not working very well in OpenGL" problem, I thought it was detrimental to the level, so I removed it. Now, granted, making it opaque is a bit bland, but it's better than seeing GLASSTEX'd black, IMO.

The deadline for judging crept up on me a bit sooner than I had expected, so for the levels I didn't already have reviews typed out for I'm just going to post a short description with a score

MAP07, Sonichero's Palace Zone by Joe: 1/10
Very flat, very large, too many weapon rings, Attraction and Armegeddon shields. Sorry, but this level really needs some work to be anywhere near decent

MAP08, Fluff Fight Zone by SRB2-Playah: 3/10
Very flat, very large, and causes really large amounts of slowdown in Software mode. Also, putting an Auto ring and an Infinity ring in the exact same place doesn't work to well, you have one person running around for 15 seconds firing wildly at everyone near him, adding to the slowdown. This map isn't as bad as some of the other ones in the pack, but it could still use some work.

MAP09, Lunar Facility Zone by FuriousFox: N/A
I was originally going to make this a CTF that takes place in the middle of space, but changed my mind when I saw the ROCKWLL1 texture. There was also the fact that alot of people would probably complain about falling into death pits if it were in the middle of space, but it was mainly because of ROCKWLL1. I really didn't think that the slime would be that big of a threat to players, as it's pretty easy just to jump over it. The level really wasn't made for Match, I simply entered it because it supports it and I didn't have any other ideas for a wad at the time.

MAP10, Thunder Citadel Zone by Mystic: 8/10
Large, fun, and well decorated.

MAP11, Verdant Valley Zone by Shuffle: 6/10
Pretty flat, but Rail works well for this level.

MAP12, Winter Wonderland by Snort: 2/10
Too big, too many weapons, and too many Yellow and Black shields.

MAP13, Winter Valley Zone by Some guy: 7/10
Nice symmetrical design, homing is too easy to abuse though.

MAP14, Barrel Barrage Zone by Blue_Blur: 4/10
THZ Turrets are not something you want to use in a Match level. A bit flat on the bottom of the level.

MAP15, Ruined Fortress Zone by SRB2-Playah: 7/10
I liked the water currents. Level is just the right size. People seem to be more drawn to the top of the castle rather than exploring the level, though.

MAP16, Fusion Reef Zone by a441 & SSNTails: 6/10
Nice dark, hot valley look. Jumping fireballs really slow down OpenGL users though, unless they turn off dynamic lighting.

MAP17, Emerald Beach Zone by Senku: 4/10
Flat, and has also already been done. The different water flats look weird, and there's too many rings grouped together in one spot.

MAP18, Illustrion Zone by Jason_the_Echidna: 5/10
Not really sure what everyone sees that's so special about this map. It's flat on the floor of the forest. The water currents can be rather annoying at times, constantly tossing you around the bottom of the level.

MAP19, Green Patch Zone by Linkman90: 3/10
Too big and too flat. There really isn't alot to do in this level.

MAP20, Colorpool Arena by Ex_Sonic: 3/10
Yet another flat map. All of the action seems drawn towards the center of the level, where the item boxes are.

MAP21, Ex Arena by Ex_Sonic: 5/10
Yellow shield is easily abusable, with all of the rings there are in this level. The level is a bit too open to work well with homing rings, though.

MAP22, Space Fight Zone by Some guy: 5/10
A bit large, Fun with alot of people though. I don't think you should have low gravity inside the base, though.

MAP23, MI by Some guy: 2/10
Too many turrets. Provided a small amount of chaotic fun though, so I'll at least give it some points for that.

MAP01, Florid Crater Zone by FuriousFox: 6/10

I don't know why I thought this had question-mark monitors.

It could use some vertical compression and more jumpability. I don't like having to use springs to get everywhere. The layout is simple and nice, though.

MAP02, Sandy Beach Zone by Some guy: 8/10

Quite good. Varied, spacious, yet easy to get around. I think the homing would've worked well here if not for the crashing problem.

One major criticism is sometimes everyone gets stuck in the sandy area under the long bridge. More ways out of there would be good.

MAP03, Diamond Duel Zone by Sonicandtails218: 5/10

Good layout, but it's hurt by the teleporters, which made it more confusing than necessary, and the pits. Try replacing the teleporters with a waterfall that has a hidden bonus item under it, adding springs by the tall ledges, and replacing the pits with low dirt ground that connects to the rest of the lower level.

MAP04, Wrecked Satellite Zone by Shadow Hog: 3/10

Very ugly (to use a designer term, the colors clashed). The gray, yellow, green, and blue thing doesn't work. This is coming from the guy who made Transcendental Fort, and I actually noticed, when I first warped to the map, how ugly it was.

Gameplay isn't much better, unfortunately, because it's so big and flat. Tails and Knuckles get the shaft - not much you can do when your only relevant ability is "go slow." The one height change on the level, and it's a red spring. No reason to hit the jump key or click the mouse at all.

You know you can do better than this, Shadow Hog. From the level set you showed us earlier, I know it, too. Don't get lazy with height changes. They're needed. And please try to use at least a little red next time.

MAP05, Meadow Conflict Zone by hotdog003: 5/10

The "laser" (rail, automatic, infinity) becomes the focus. It shouldn't be possible in the first place, let alone this easy to get.

I felt the layout, while basically good, suffered from a bit of oversimplicity, and I don't mean lack of FOFs. More stuff to jump on would be nice.

How about a step for the ledges it looks like you can jump but you just barely can't?

MAP06, Floating Factory by Firekid: 5/10

This is too cramped!

That's kind of a running joke, because Firekid had a better level he was going to submit, which didn't get done in time, so he turned in this "backup" instead. The concept is good, I like the floating second level and the steps.

The maze, seriously, is too cramped. Mazes aren't a great idea for multiplayer anyway. The second biggest problem is the black shield. It's far too easy to abuse constantly, as FuriousFox and I both demonstrated.

MAP07, Sonichero's Palace Zone by Joe: 3/10

Obviously a "my first map" map. The thok barrier isn't quite right: You need to make it first, then build the level inside it. That's how you get it to work.

I didn't mind the textures used. Perhaps I'm alone in this, I actually liked the old appearance of the special stages. So it was nostalgic, kind of.

The layout problem is mainly the dead ends. Dead ends aren't a good idea in multiplayer unless they're short and out of the way (see MAP10 for examples). If you had made the hallways loop back into the center, it would work a lot better.

MAP08, Fluff Fight Zone by SRB2-Playah: 4/10

Auto and infinity should not be in the same spot, although the spot you have them in would be a good place to put infinity alone. You need some vertical compression; the distance from top to bottom is too far. You also need to work on the framerate issue. I didn't get to explore this as much as I'd have liked, because anytime I looked towards the center, I'd be watching a slideshow.

I do like the layout concept. You might consider using monitors instead of duplicating the automatic rings at the top and bottom.

MAP09, Lunar Facility Zone by FuriousFox: 4/10

Hard to find anyone on. Inside, it's flat (all looks the same) and obstructed (excessive columns, unnecessary boxes and walls). Outside, the bridge blocks one half from seeing the other half, and there's the boring roof.

I liked the outside part and would like to see it emphasized.

By the way, there is a flat you can use for the THZ boxes, THZBOXF1.

MAP10, Thunder Citadel Zone by Mystic: 5/10

The level of detail and complexity on this map is just astounding. Unfortunately, that's not the only similarity it has to an Unreal Tournament level. While height changes to maintain interest are used throughout (quite well, I might add) there is very little use for the characters' aerial abilities, including Sonic's thok. Even outside, mere jumps are sufficient.

Crushers don't guard anything worth the risk. A random monitor that takes five tries to get to is not worth it; usually, it won't even be anything good. The underwater area outside the castle, though necessary as scenery, should have been shallower and less complex in shape. It gets you stuck and serves no gameplay purpose.

The biggest flaw is you seem to have designed this for the mythical 32 player netgame. We usually have 5-8 players to a game around here, and you need to design for that reality. Which is another reason long crusher paths and traps aren't good; you can't keep players busy interacting with the level, when there are barely enough present to interact with each other.

Nice work on the water drainage system.

MAP11, Verdant Valley Zone by Shuffle: 7/10

The bad: Narrow, dark tunnels are fairly pointless, as far as match is concerned. They can be ignored, but it's annoying when I start in one.

The good: The center area has a good layout and is fun for running around battling. I also really like what you did with the rail rings. They're in just the right places. I would suggest a little more variety at the bottom of the center area, since that is where most of the action takes place.

New comment: Make the red and yellow springs up work better! The red spring goes too high and the yellow is kind of hard to line up correctly. Give some thought to using steps or series of ledges to get up part of the way.

MAP12, Winter Wonderland by Snort: 2/10

Unnecessarily big and overcomplicated. My advice to you is just make a smaller, simpler map, and try not to be tempted to put in so many "gadgets." Especially resist the temptation of teleporters. Those should be kept to tech/space type maps and used sparingly if at all; when I made them, I didn't expect them to start showing up everywhere!

Also consider some vertical compression, making the distance you have to spring or fall shorter. This would be a big help in some areas.

Still, huge improvement over the original version. I did manage to get a few hits in on this map.

MAP13, Winter Valley Zone by Some guy: 10/10

The best level.

I would never expect a level this huge to play this well in a 5 player game. You have an incredible talent for putting tons of "stuff" in and still keeping the navigation fluid. The use of currents is especially inventive, since they make people avoid that area, and ensure the navigation doesn't get held up.

I do have one criticism, and it is the teleporter, which I felt was a bit of a distraction. How about changing the four monitors in those positions to Liquid Shield, Super Sneakers, Liquid Shield, Super Sneakers, or something along those lines?

Still, I was so impressed with this map I felt giving it a 9 would be shortchanging it. Any chance you'd let us put it in 1.09?

MAP14, Barrel Barrage Zone by Blue_Blur: 5/10

Bit hard to navigate. Consider spending more time aiming the springs, and add some platforms or ledges up at the top to stand in. The bottom was kind of boring and could use steps or something as well. Maybe a series of steps as an alternate means to get to the top would help?

Weapon rings: Good choice of which ones to use, but putting two right together is not wise. For a revised ring weapon layout, how about two homings in opposing corners on the bottom, two explosions in opposing corners on the bottom, and an infinity behind each set of turrets?

I like the way you used the turrets to guard weapon rings. MAP23 seems to have soured people to the "turrets in multiplayer" idea, but you used it well.

Recommend removing the Eggman box. Although it seems a nice touch at first (watch what you jump for!), players will avoid it the second time around, and you'll have missed out on a cool way to conceal a randomly respawning monitor.

MAP15, Ruined Fortress Zone by SRB2-Playah: 7/10

Reminds me of my old Central Tower level, for, I guess, obvious reasons, as they're quite similar. You should use some vertical compression (see my comments on MAP01, MAP08, MAP12) for the underwater part, as I don't think it needed to be quite so deep. The underground part outside could use widening.

Currents were cool and I like the basic layout. The map's another in the "simple, good" category, and I like it.

By the way, there is a castle brick floor texture you can use that would fit better than cement. Check out MAP16, where I used it.

MAP16, Fusion Reef Zone by a441 & SSNTails: N/A

MAP17, Emerald Beach Zone by Senku: 5/10

Though simple, this is deceptively fun. However, as others pointed out, it's been done: there's a Sonic Battle level that looks JUST LIKE this.

Seriously, I'd rather see an original design.

The monitors were too powerful. You don't want to put in an armageddon shield unless you're smart about it and make it really hard to get, like Jason did in MAP18. Don't make every monitor randomly respawn; add in some super ring monitors that don't (so if someone gets an attraction shield, the level doesn't run dry).

Still, it was crazily enjoyable most of the time. It needs better balance.

MAP18, Illustrion Zone by Jason_the_Echidna: 10/10

The other best level.

This is perfect. Far be it from me to use the word "perfect" anything but judiciously - I am saying that I literally cannot think of any problem with this map or any change that would make it better. Unless I were to count the framerate drooping a little. And this was worth it.

The currents are ingenious. Clearly the focus, they provide a unique diversion, as well as throwing in a unique kind of strategy. I love the fact that you put an armageddon shield right smack in the center of the map and got away with it.

Everything is great. The trees, the visual style, the decorations, the grass, everything. It's too bad the framerate gets a few superficial bruises. Otherwise I'd want to use this in 1.09 too.

MAP19, Green Patch Zone by Linkman90: 6/10

Although the layout has been improved considerably from the first version I saw, it still has problems. Too easy to fall and too hard to get back up is one of them. It could use some vertical compression (see comments on MAP01, MAP08, MAP12). For that matter, it could just use compression; it's much bigger than it needs to be.

One especially annoying part is on an FOF, where there's a yellow spring up to a ledge. It sends me about twice as high as I need to go to reach the ledge. That needs to be turned into a step I can jump to, or a series of steps.

Criticisms aside, the ring/item supply is generally good, and it's easy enough to spot players that I ended up liking my time in Green Patch Zone. Great start, keep it up!

MAP20, Colorpool Arena by Ex_Sonic: 5/10

Visually attractive, though dark.

Like Mystic said, there's not much reason to leave the center because you have question-mark monitors piled up there. Question-mark monitors are unquestionably (ha ha!) too powerful, even if you don't put four in the same place, which is definitely overkill.

It's hard to get on the FOFs over the pools. And do they need to be translucent?

The whole map could be smaller. Vertically (see comments on MAP01, MAP08, MAP12, MAP19) and otherwise.

MAP21, Ex Arena by Ex_Sonic: 6/10

Like maps 1, 8, 12, 19, and 20, it doesn't need to be so tall. The attraction shield is too powerful, and I don't get the colored tubes of water idea. Those seemed like a distraction, nothing interesting or needed.

I like how you placed the homing ring, and the basic layout is pretty good. For a first map, well done.

MAP22, Space Fight Zone by Some guy: 6/10

Inside part is very nice. Outside part wasn't needed. The outside is big and empty, and it's hard to get back in. If you had made it entirely an inside level, this would be a lot better.

Still, the inside part is quite well designed. I only wish you had made the players stay there to enjoy it. You also picked a good place to use teleporters in. I'd probably give this an 8 if not for the unfortunate outside.

MAP23, MI by Some guy: 1/10

I wanted to like this, but it really isn't playable. It's not so much the destructive power of the turrets as their ability to distract. With all the turret lasers and rings and items all over the place, actually finding a player to shoot at takes more time than you get to look in one direction.

I'm doing fairly well...
It seems there are only 2 kinds of people when they vote on Illustrion: The ones who love it because it's so freakin cool with the fun currents and flat-land forest, and the ones who hate it because they don't like flat ground and they have lost their ability to shoot to the cruel currents underground and most likely lost their advantage as well.
Some of them also don't like the fact it's so small, but I did that on purpose because in those other massive maps, you can't hit anyone because there's a giant gap of space between you!

I am not voteing in this contest because I have not and will not play through ALL the maps long enough to know everything good and bad about them.

Tets? Shadow Hog? What happened to you guys? I'm missing your votes for levels 6-20 and 1-22, respectively.

01 - 7/10 I thought this map was pretty fun, though it could use a few more obstacles (obsticles?) and maybe another way to get up to the top.

02 - 9/10 This level was AWESOME, it was so much fun! I liked being able to run on the water as Tails and that small area on the beach with the monitor in it was pretty cool, too.

03 - 7/10 Pretty good level, I had some fun on this one,though the pits are somewhat annoying. I didn't really see the point in the slimefall warpers, so rather than complaining about them, I ignored them.

04 - 6/10 First, the way it looks: The space theme is pretty cool and I don't know about anyone else, but I thought that the blue glass texture looked pretty cool. Suprisingly enough, the death pits didn't bother me much at all, for I did not annoyingly fall in them all the time.
Try a level a little bit smaller next time, though, I spent too much time trying to find people.

05 - 3/10 Bleh, this was not fun, I constantly spent my time being gunned down by the Rail-Auto-Infinite rings. Space them out more next time, or better yet, don't put them all in the same level.

06 - 8/10 This one was much fun, though the warpers were very annoying and the maze was small (I just flew over it anyways), the level was still playable, very well at that.

07 - 2/10 Too big, too ugly, bad music and main textures hanging from the ceiling. Sorry, man, better luck next time. :/

08 - 07/10 This one was fun, I'll give you 7 because it looks nice, the music is good, the level was fun, but you aren't getting a 10 because it doesn't work too well in Software :/

09 - 9/10 All my nine are belong to you! This level is cool, mang. The fact that you can keep running in circles and fight while doing it makes it really fun. The level looks pretty nice, as well.

10 - 8/10 This level was pretty good, I liked to stay at the top of the grassy area and shoot bomb-rail rings at people :D.
The room with the beds and.. what are they, shelves? Could use a little bit more stuff in it.

11 - 20/10 This level is so cool, Shuffle is cool.
He deserves all 20, man. I wish I could wad like this guy.

12 - 1/10 AUGH!!1 So much wrong with this one!
a) Too big
b) WAY too many special rings
c) Useless warps that don't really do anything important
d) It's too hard to get out of that one room, you know which one I'm talking about.
Fix all those problems and then you're good to go.

13 - 8/10 AH! OH MY GOD! Sorry, I spawned and there was a scary snoman face RIGHT on my screen (first person mode)
This level is soo cool. I'm not sure exactly how you get around as Sonic (I was playing as Tails at the time), but this level is fun AND it looks nice.
The water currents and the huge waterfall is probably the coolest thing EVAR. Try making another cool level like this :P.

14 - 7/10 Pretty fun level, I don't see why everyone hates the turrets, they didn't bug me much at all.
I liked the size of the level, great for 2-4 person netgames.

15 - 8/10 Cool level, I liked the use of currents to get you to the top of the level which is where all the fighting mainly happened.
The shattered bridge was a pretty cool idea, also.

Done'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back