SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

Megamix Themes (Update: 6/27/2016) Details »»
Megamix Themes (Update: 6/27/2016)
Developer Last Online: Jun 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 04-23-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Scripts Re-Useable Content

Based off of Sonic Megamix, I got the idea of scripting it so each character gets a unique Invincibility theme. And that's about it, there's not much else I can put here because there's nothing to show and nothing really to say.
Though I may as well tell you that I have added compatibility for Mighty, Greeneyes, and a future Shadow WAD by XSpeedGodX (Which funnily enough, is based on Sonic Megamix's Shadow).
And all the existing characters I have given unique Invincibility themes are the same as they are in Sonic Megamix, so there's not much else I can say in that department either.
Regardless, have fun with this!

Update 1 (4.23.14)
- Added Super form themes (They are also in OGG format, will do the same with the Invincibility ones and the later ones I plan)

Update 2 (4.23.14)
- Added Extra Life themes (I was also gonna do Level Clear ones but I couldn't get it working properly)

Update 3 (6.25.16)
- Been a long time since I had to update this huh? 2 years, but I figured since Duon helped me out in fixing up the script it was about time to update this for everyone. Thanks for the help!

Update 4 (6.27.16)
- Apparently the tunes conflicted with Chaos Domain and some maps in Vanilla (such as Azure Temple Zone) so this was fixed to prevent that.

Download Now

File Type: zip MegamixThemes.zip (16.99 MB, 963 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 06-25-2016   #22
Dimpsuu
Dimpsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
I'd hate to bump this topic. but while the invalid music spam is kinda uncontrollable, the S_ChangeMusic functions were incomplete.
Code:
if (player.mo and player.mo.skin == "sonic")
                S_ChangeMusic(52,true)
The main issue was that there was no player_t called, so it went nil and affected ALL players. I did make a full fix for it and added support for Fsonic and TailsCD respectively, but since the original owner hasn't been on here since January 2016, and because I'm not allowed to post links to wads and such, (I guess?) You can PM me for the fix. (If that is allowed however, Mystic can come up with new rules on the spot.)
I suppose it's time I step up and return once again for a bit. Feel free to PM me a fixed version and I'll update the ZIP soon. You can also give me the files you used for Fsonic and TailsCD so they are compatible (unless all you did was just copy the Sonic and Tails ones I did).
Sorry I haven't been as active anymore, not much else I can do, certainly not interested in learning more LUA anytime soon so don't expect much more out of me here.
Old 06-26-2016   #23
Sapheros
Permanently Banned

Oh my mercy I missed something very crucial to the wad!
(okay not really)

The music slots are clashing with Chaos Domain's soundtrack, so I've gone outta my way to relocate all of the tracks into the 80s and 90s (82-99) so that little to no conflict rests with most wads having their musicslots saved for the 60s.
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016   #24
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
The music slots are clashing with Chaos Domain's soundtrack, so I've gone outta my way to relocate all of the tracks into the 80s and 90s (82-99) so that little to no conflict rests with most wads having their musicslots saved for the 60s.
Why not just use MGMX01 to MGMX18? Part of 2.1.15's change-log says "Music slots are removed. No longer do you have to call your music lumps O_MAP##M; you can now call them anything you want. Anything. As long as it's six or less characters, I guess."
And I just tested, and I can confirm you don't even have to freeslot music. I made a Wad with nothing but O_EVILFZ, then typed "tunes evilfz" in SRB2's console, and it played. In Lua, I imagine you'd just put quotes around the music's lump name (minus O_ or D_) in the music-related functions, and it'd work. Haven't tested that, though.
Edit: Besides, MAP86M to MAP99M are already used by vanilla SRB2's music.dta, thus probably used by multiplayer stages and/or community-made level Wads.

Last edited by Zwip-Zwap Zapony; 06-26-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016   #25
Sapheros
Permanently Banned

Honestly, I have yet to play with that feature, so for the time being, the wad will have to be as basic as ever... Or will it? (I'm working on it)

Last edited by Sapheros; 06-26-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016   #26
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Again, it overrides vanilla music, including the music for Azure Temple Zone, provided you're going to stay with the 80-90s of tunes... You know what, I'll just send you a private message with the Wad tweaked in a way which works, so you can see how named music works.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016   #27
Dimpsuu
Dimpsy

There ya go! Fixed up the download again, I think next time I might see about adding compatibility for other WADs though this was made in a way where you can easily modify it yourself so... who knows.
Old 09-03-2016   #28
Chaolino
ZaxelKTS
Default sup

hello , i'm new here =)

i downlaoded it, but i got some errors about.. "bad argument" and.."hook removed"...
what should i do? '-'

sry again, im newbie ^-^
Chaolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #29
carlrev

Can you please fix this mod? The characters lives now play Sonic's when collected an extra life when invincible/faster/super. Also, the Game Over and Drowning themes do not play anymore. It makes a nice modern game experience, but I like my classics to STAY classic.