Help about srb2 doombuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa-x

is: when i open my work, its all in little and i cannot work on it
When i start a new map the squares are 1cmX1cm.
When i open it, the squares are 1mmX1mm and i cannot work on it

The question is:

HOW CAN I WORK AGAIN ON 1CM SQUARES?

I am having problems trying to under stand what you are saying, especially the "1cmfor 4 days iX1cm?" part.

Are you trying to say that you want SRB2DB to snap the vertices (which means the dots at the end of the lines) to the grid?

Grid Size.

It's not measured in centimeters.

[ and ] increase/decrease grid size if I remember correctly.

No, when i open my work, its all in little and i cannot work on it

The question is:

Okay, you need to know this.

The grid is not measured in centimetres. The grid is measured in pixels. You need to increase the grid by using the [ and ] keys.

Sa-x said:

The question is:

You could stretch the lines using one of the options on srb2db

Hold on, I think I know what the problem is. Is the map itself tiny? If it is, you might have put a sector, or a linedef really far off the map. When it zooms out so you can see the entire map, which includes that sector that is far off the map. Try to find it and delete it.

If you have a mouse wheel you can scroll it up to zoom into the map. If not, try the + and - keys on the numeric keypad.

is: when i open my work, its all in little and i cannot work on it

The question is:

Sa-x said:

The question is:

SONIX

Okay, your English is terrible. I can't figure out for beans what it is that your issue is, since we've already addressed issues of measurement.

Let me clue you in on something, something that somebody has already said (and thus shouldn't even need addressing): <u>SRB2 DOES NOT USE THE METRIC SYSTEM</u>. It has its own measurement, "fracunits", which is equivalent to one pixel of texture. I don't care what you want to measure it in, the fact is you're going to have to learn to use this measurement, because we sure as hell aren't going to come up with a conversion system for you.

As far as changing the measurements, the '[' and ']' increase/decrease the grid size by powers of 2, making it easier to make large sectors and small sectors as the situation calls for it. If you can't see what you want to see, use the arrow keys to move around, or the mouse wheel to zoom in/out (or if you don't have a mouse wheel for some reason, click the box saying "Zoom" at the bottom and choose a zoom setting).

Seriously, this is all I can tell you from the information I've gathered from your nearly nonsensical post. And stop double-posting, or reposting the exact same thing you said before. It's not helping us at ALL figure out what it is you need.

You have two problems:

1) ZOOM: Use Center View (look at the Tool bar, on top of your screen), to fit the view on your map.

2) Dimension of your room is too small: maybe, you should try to build a room with 2000 x 2000, at least.

He can also have a sector or linedef really far away from the main part of his level. You know what? I have an idea. Why don't you open SRB2 DB with your wad, and use the print screen (which is on your keyboard). After that, open MS Paint and use edit then paste. Save the image as PNG, and upload it to http://tinypic.com/. Select the text inside the "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards". Right click, and then paste it in your post.

Use the mouse wheel to scroll. And 50000x30000 is MUCH too big for a map. It will cause something called "blockmap errors," which makes it so that you can't pick up Rings, etc., in certain areas of the map.

Yeah, just absolutely too big; in fact, it might be the biggest I have ever heard of. Also, if your level has linedefs that are longer than 32000 something, there will be major glitches in the level. Scale it down to half, or even a quarter of those dimensions, then come talk to us again. Whatever is going on with your level is probably due to the fact that it is just too big.

That's not entirely accurate.

If your map is beyond 32000x32000 in size, any linedefs beyond 32000 from the lower left corner of the map will have no proper collision detection, caused by a blockmap error. Any things in that area will be intangible, and hitting walls will not stop your interia.

If you have a linedef longer than 16384, you may generate random crashes and other nasty issues, so make sure to split up any linedefs that long. This should only happen on thok barriers, mind you, but it's important to note.

Stages that large have major issues, and I highly discourage making anything remotely close to the limits until you know what you're doing, which you clearly don't. Shrink your map down to less than 16Kx16K, honestly.

Well, Gemini saw me make a map (Caustic Fortress Zone) whose length was more than 32000 fracunits and it was majorly glitched. Shortening it fixed it.

It also went 32000 fracunits north-south, rather than west-east. Does that make a difference?

Stages that large have major issues
Elemental Mansion Zone was like 31000x28000 IIRC; and it didn't have any glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back