Least favorite system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to put this here because I saw the favorite system thing.

So the system you hate and why.

For me, XBOX - X360. I found why it isn't selling in japan, and those were all the reasons I didn't it in the first place, so... QUOTE TIME!

"The Xbox 360 is expensive, big and noisy." Best recap of what I think.
"Because it sounds as loud as a microwave oven?" YES
"Its image is Western games and boob volleyball. With that, how are you supposed to buy it?" LOL. True though.
"I got it! Sell it packaged with Vista!!" This is the best Idea I've ever heard on the internet.

So that's my least favorite system.

I don't like the PS3 to much either. From games I've seen other people play, "Its image is Western games and boob volleyball. With that, how are you supposed to buy it?" Quoteth again. Super Rub-a-dub was actually quite fun though. ^^

Oh, how I'd LOVE to hear why SonicMaster doesn't like PONG! inb4 review/long speech

Seriously, that was a kinda pointless post. Pong was 1st-generation. It was one of the first popular TV games. Of course it's not going to be up to modern standard. :/ And you've never even played it, hence making what you said more pointless! I'm sure this topic is more about consoles you have actually EXPERIENCED!

As for me, it would be the original Xbox. Mainly because I never got good games for it myself, since it was at my Dad's place. Then he gave the damn thing to his friends' sons without asking me if I wanted it. (I was hoping he'd give it to me, since he gave the Playstation to me and all.) I would have taken it and gotten better games than some of the crap we had for it. In the end, the Xbox wasn't a bad console. It's just my experience with it wasn't too memorable.

I'm still pissed off that Dad did that. I should have talked to him about it when he did it. Now it's kinda too late.

<strike>OMG THREE SIXTEE HAS BETTER GRAFICS U SILLY PERSON LOLZ</strike>

Chao Freak 1 said:
"The Xbox 360 is expensive, big and noisy." Best recap of what I think.

Even though the PS3 is the biggest and most expensive console of this generation.

Chao Freak 1 said:
"Because it sounds as loud as a microwave oven?" YES

I'd love to see your microwave oven, because it must be a lot quieter than mine. To put it into perspective, I can actually hear our microwave from anywhere in the house, but I can't hear my 360 outside my room.

Chao Freak 1 said:
"Its image is Western games and boob volleyball. With that, how are you supposed to buy it?" LOL. True though.

Hardly, the 360 sells on first person shooters, they get the biggest push out of all the games. Also, there is nothing wrong with boobs.

[/defensivefanboy]

My least favourite is the PS3, and even then my opinion on the consoles is balanced this generation and I plan on getting a PS3 in the near future after I spend an arm and a leg on a PC that could rival NASA's kit. Won't get used anywhere near as much as my 360 though, mainly because I hate their controller and I find there are much better games on the 360, since I love shooters and the PS3 lacks in that area. Also, L4D isn't on there.

My least favorite would be the Atari 2600. There are two still-working units in my house, (One of which I modified to output AV signals, thanks to a tutorial I found online.) and they just sit in my closet. Those games may have been awesome for their time, and fun to play occasionally, but they terribly lack the same depth that even an NES title had. There's really nothing more to them outside of basic game mechanics and "get the highest score", that gets boring real fast. Forget aimlessly blasting random asteroids, I'd rather go save Hyrule. :P

My least favorite system is the XBOX360, which relies heavily on a genre that is almost too frequently used (abused?) and that doesn't appeal to me as much as a traditional platformer or a quirky puzzle game. However, I am no very fond of the PS3 either, because although I've seen more exclusive games that interest me there than anywhere else, it is too far out of my price range to make it a viable option even if I wanted a next-gen console.

They all do hold some kind of merit, but XBOX360 is to me, the least impressive of the free in terms of exclusive features and titles. The Wii has motion controls and virtual console, the PS3 has blu-ray and increased power, the 360 has umm.... XBOXLive.

With that said, I think the 360 is the most middle-ground console of this generation, being situated cleanly between the Wii and the PS3 in both price-range and titles. Personally, I prefer shovelware with a unique gem hidden somewhere than a bunch of standard games. Therefore, I won't be complaining about the Wii's title selection, only the stupid handling of some of the publishers. (The Wii's most anticipated hardcore title wouldn't have made it if it were not for Sega, because everyone else said that it was bad to target anyone but a kiddy audience. This is disturbing.)

My least favorites are...:

1st: Game Boy Advance/Advance SP
There were some games which I liked to play, but most of them were stupid.

2nd: Playstation Portable
2nd because of the fact of having movies and music. Though, I hate the password, if you don't remember yours, you're done for some things, like Internet. Though, I heard that it was soooo sloooow the internet, so it doesn't really bother me... Also, There're alot of games that sucks. The only good games I could be able to play are: "Daxter" and "Need for Speed Undercover (or something)".

I'm not sure what it's like in your respective places of residence, but the 360 is cheaper here than the Wii.

I've yet to be paticulary amazed by any of the three major competitors this generation to be honest. PS3 had a slow start and a high price, but it is slowly growing into it's own with some cool exclusives. 360 probably has the most well-rounded library of all three of the systems thus far, as well as a better online component, loss of points for some considerable teething issues during it's early lifespan. The Wii, despite showing the occcasional excellent title, has, unfortunately, become this generation's shovelware dump, which is why I'm putting it as my least favourite this generation.

Very hard question for me actually.. I'd say the GameGear at the moment because it's the only system that's ever broken on me. Died on me twice actually within the same month. I don't like the Jaguar CD either because I can't find it.. yep good reason

Chao Freak 1 said:
"Its image is Western games and boob volleyball. With that, how are you supposed to buy it?"
Don't blame Microsoft for decisions of third party developers. I'll agree with the fact that DOAX2 wasn't a good game, but it doesn't mean that you can blame Microsoft.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with "western" games. In fact, DOAX2 was created by a Japanese team of developers, so the original quote is quite contradictory. Most Japanese games use the cliche anime art style anyway, which hardly makes them unique.

N64 is AWESOMELY CRAPPY, controls are just placed in the place you would least like them to be.

X360

I honesty wonder why Microsoft keeps trying with the xbox.
The original is better than the new 360, the way people act on there are retarded, (the GRAFIX IS SO AWESOME I CAN SEE TEIREBRAINS EXPLODE WITH REAL REASIM). Is quite annoying. I'd much rather the Wii and PS3. at least slightly more sensible people buy these than the 360. I mean really what I find the most annoying is when the PS3 freezes, they are like HAHAHAHAHAH YOU SHOULD GOT A 360. I mean all you do is reboot the ps3. with the Xbox on the other hand however THE RED RING OF DEATH IS UNFIXABLE BY THE CUSTOMERS(especially if you plan to play it A LOT.). also I'm not a Fanboy as I have played and liked many systems that are rivals (the original xbox.) All of this post was IMO (IN MY OPINION) thank you for reading my crazy post. THE END!

akirahedgehog said:
Fyrus said:
VirtualBoy. Ugh. No words needed.
Have you actually played it?

I really enjoy the cool 3D glasses type effect it has.
Have you? Man that thing was exceedingly uncomfortable to play for any real period of time. It also caused eye strain and had a horrible controller design. Then there was the painful shade of red that it made the graphics. The green and grey original Game Boy had a better-looking screen than the Virtual Boy. There are few game systems in history that were that badly thought out, and the flop it was at retail is thankful, because it would have been a real shame if anything really good would have come out for it =P

Mystic said:
There are few game systems in history that were that badly thought out, and the flop it was at retail is thankful, because it would have been a real shame if anything really good would have come out for it =P

WarioLand.
That game was pretty good, and unfortunately not widely played due to the VirtualBoy's failure.

I'm pretty sure every system I've played on has been enjoyable to me. Playstations 1 and 2 (and 3, to a certain extent) have been enjoyable, both Xboxs were fine in my opinion, and I've enjoyed every Nintendo console I've played on, too (thank God I've never played on the Virtual Boy).

The Genesis and the Dreamcast were also awesome, although I can't say much for the Genesis add-ons, and I've never played on a Saturn.

The one console that I have actually played that I hated the most is the 3DO. My God what an awful console. The problems began that the majority of it's library were either incredibly crappy ports (you think shit like 360 and PS3 to Wii is bad? Think again), or original games that sucked beyond belief. Gee, doesn't this look like a compelling list of games? Also, the console suffered one of the same fates that the Dreamcast suffered: lack of copy-protect. Actually, it seems as though throughout the development of this console, the developers neglected any support for copy-protection. This meant that the 3DO was doomed to die the death of profiting from sales, since everyone could just go pirate the games for free.

The one game I remember having fun with on the console was Don Bluth's Dragon's Lair. I'll probably go find this game on the Internet somewhere shortly after posting this, which shouldn't be hard to do, since it's been ported to every damn platform in existence.

[/rant]

Mystic said:
akirahedgehog said:
Fyrus said:
VirtualBoy. Ugh. No words needed.
Have you actually played it?

I really enjoy the cool 3D glasses type effect it has.
Have you? Man that thing was exceedingly uncomfortable to play for any real period of time. It also caused eye strain and had a horrible controller design. Then there was the painful shade of red that it made the graphics. The green and grey original Game Boy had a better-looking screen than the Virtual Boy. There are few game systems in history that were that badly thought out, and the flop it was at retail is thankful, because it would have been a real shame if anything really good would have come out for it =P

The red coloring really doesn't bother me as much as it should but you are right about the controller. I had to keep pausing constantly to look at it and figure out what I was doing when I played the Virtual Boy. Only time I've actually got to play it was at the Midwest Gaming Classic 2007 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back