Sonic characters in M.U.G.E.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
How many Sonic Characters have you got for MUGEN?

Also, does anyone know where I could get an Eggman for MUGEN?

fawfulfan said:
Also, does anyone know where I could get an Eggman for MUGEN?
I believe Kamek created a character that replicates the first boss from MD Sonic 2. You know, the drill tank. As for a playable Eggman, I'm not sure if there's one out that I know of.

Zion, you're correct about the Eggman thing. The Stupid Little Drill Tank, as it's called, is a spot-on recreation of the first boss from Sonic 2, even shooting out its drill after taking a certain amount of damage. It's AI only, though, and while I've seen different boss versions of Robotnik, I haven't seen any playable version of him. At any rate, you can find the drill tank at the Kamek's Krap website in his big bag of MUGEN junk.

I had a few Sonic characters that played very much like they did in Sonic 3 & Knuckles; their gameplay was pretty fun, but they were unbalanced and often weak, their AI was so poor, and they were kinda buggy, so I trashed them. I really want to find a pocket-sized (e.g. Genesis-styled) version of Sonic that might be worth adding to MUGEN.... I have a Sonic Crackers stage, and I want a good reason to use it for my Arcade mode. :p

Also, has anyone got some good Sonic stages? I found a GHZ stage yesterday, but it didn't work! Drat the luck!

I used to play this MUGEN in the past.
It's really not all that interesting to me now. Most of the characters you want to see in it have very poor sprites, poor moves, or just suck in general.

I also find mo differentiation between levels. Other than how it looks, it's just a box that you're fighting in with different scenery here and there, and different music. This isn't all that exciting and very boring. I have yet to find something that changes the stage by adding an obstacle or two, which would add for some gameplay value.

Over all, MUGEN is outright boring and I wouldn't really consider playing it again.

I rememebr before I trashed all of it that I had a character that played almost exactly like Sonic 2. Rings spawn in random places on screen and Sonic collects them, you can spawn moniters, and you can turn super with 50 rings.

I forgot where I found it though, so you may have to do a bit of searching if you want it.

I have a version of Mecha Sonic where rings spawn randomly and health is based around your number of rings. But otherwise, the character sucks; he's too small and his attacks are slow and underpowered. Do you have a better Mecha Sonic?

It's hard to decide which sonic is the best.

Neo-Sonic is somewhat out of character with lightning ball attacks and shoryuken style uppercuts, Cheap assist attacks and Super Moves, And a near impossible AI.

While MugenHunters Sonic is similar to most SNK Fighters in terms of gameplay and control, The moves are accurate to the Character and its ballanced too, Recomend this.

Last but not least is Claymizers Sonic, Which is based off a slightly Modified MVC style, The SND that usually comes with it sounds like its being recorded from SSBB and not ripped, The sprites are decent and he plays fine, He also has a move similar to shun goku satsu Where he turns into Dark Sonic, but instead of taking super power, It Takes health away, It's pretty good altogether.

My advice, Get Claymizers Sonic, He's easier to find then Mugenhunters, and is easier to control for new players.

superflip96 said:
It's hard to decide which sonic is the best.

Neo-Sonic is somewhat out of character with lightning ball attacks and shoryuken style uppercuts, Cheap assist attacks and Super Moves, And a near impossible AI.

While MugenHunters Sonic is similar to most SNK Fighters in terms of gameplay and control, The moves are accurate to the Character and its ballanced too, Recomend this.

Last but not least is Claymizers Sonic, Which is based off a slightly Modified MVC style, The SND that usually comes with it sounds like its being recorded from SSBB and not ripped, The sprites are decent and he plays fine, He also has a move similar to shun goku satsu Where he turns into Dark Sonic, but instead of taking super power, It Takes health away, It's pretty good altogether.

My advice, Get Claymizers Sonic, He's easier to find then Mugenhunters, and is easier to control for new players.
What about Classic Sonic?

You mean this Classic Sonic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3oUNoo0wsI

The download link is in the description.

He's pretty fun, He has no voice, instead having only sounds from classic Sonic the Hedgehog games. His specials are not amazing, but they work. I am not an expert on fighting games, so I really can't give any other details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back