Shadic is extremely buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a shadic wad (well a recolor of sa2 shadow) and he acts like he is on a ledge for his standing pose. Also, his superform's stripes keep changing color (blue 2 red which wasn't intended). I used him in SRB2JTE and he won't use chaos control! Can someonee either fix or tell me how to fix him?

For chaos control, his Skin must be shadow.
For the ledge, you named your sprites very wrong.
For the color, There is a SOC that's causing it.

Besides, Recolors = Bad.

silvershadic said:
I made a shadic wad (well a recolor of sa2 shadow)

Thanks allot for asking me before editing my wad weather you released it or not =/.

There is a soc in there that I made that isn't very compatible with other things, so thats probably your problem. I had the same problem some what while making it, got really annoying >>'.

To make him use chaos control you must make it so his skin name starts with "Shadow"

Also. Please drag your wad to the Recycle Bin, right click the bin and empty it.

I'll Begin said:
Also. Please drag your wad to the Recycle Bin, right click the bin and empty it.

Complete poetry. You should make that your sig d00d!

Ahh, I have found how to counter this problem. First, you must NOT edit the text of the wad in the Wad Editor itself! Do that by exporting the *.lmp, editing it with Notepad, and replacing the *.lmp with the one you edited via "Entry" --> "Replace." :p Second, If you followed step 1, put in the frames (With the last two types lower case), replacing SA2 Shadow and NOT your already-edited-Shadic, and are using XWE, Rename "[inseart wadfile name here].wad.001.bak to "[Inseart new name of WADFile here].wad." If done correctly, Your WAD will no longer be falling. And I'll begin was right, Throw the WAD you made in the TRASH. Also, the SKINNAME in MAINCFG has to match the name in S_SKIN.

WHEW this was long to type. But not as long as others. lol[/u]

I'd offer to sig it, but it'd seem sad. Oh, and delete. DELETE. Or redo all the sprites. Either way.

sonicfreak94 said:
silvershadic said:
I made a shadic wad (well a recolor of sa2 shadow)

Thanks allot for asking me before editing my wad weather you released it or not =/.

There is a soc in there that I made that isn't very compatible with other things, so thats probably your problem. I had the same problem some what while making it, got really annoying >>'.
SORRY my bad. I only made it for my own use. Still should've asked. (though I didn't plan to release if it makes u feel any better).
(also note, changing the name to shadow makes his superform the jte one T_T)
and he dosen't appear in 1p mode.

You forgot to make a charselect for him in his OBJCTCFG. I'll do it for you if you PM what you have for his ability, flavortext, and speed based on Sonic/Tails/Knux's speeds:
Mach 9001 / Sonic / high / Knux / low / Tails / Slow / Can't... Move...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back